25 replies to this topic

#1 Kon-Tiki

Kon-Tiki

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 08:36 PM

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review + download

#2 joshofalltrades

joshofalltrades

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 02:32 PM

Hey!

I just finished 5 Days a Stranger and 7 Days a Skeptic (in one sitting...they're that good).  ;)

*slight spoilers ahead*

The one complaint I have about either game is that at the VERY end chase of 7 Days a Skeptic, the bad guy kept appearing right next to me.  The door would open, he'd walk out and clobber me in about .2 seconds, leaving me looking something like this:  :)

I imagine I'd have more complaints, but I heard about the towel rail puzzle in advance from some other unlucky soul and read that ONE part of the walkthrough, otherwise I know I would have been extremely frustrated with it.

All in all though, I would love to see more of Yahtzee's horror/adventure/murder mystery games.  He's better at them than he is at the humorous adventure games, and it's been a long time since anybody came out with a GOOD horror adventure (The Colonel's Bequest, if you ask me).

I eagerly anticipate more new adventures.  In the meantime, two thumbs up.   ;)  ;)

#3 MdaG

MdaG

AR-coholic

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 03:09 PM

Yeah they're good games, just a little to linear and I don't like timing puzzles.

#4 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 04:12 PM

There wasn't a whole lot of them thankfully, but a few, especially the one near the end, I saved right at that time and put myself in a bad situation, whee fun having to do it all again, heh heh.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#5 Sapper8

Sapper8

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 05:31 PM

I totally hate fast chases especially in AGS, I totally panic and after being killed in a chase, I remain lookin at the screen with this face :) for half a min then I usually quit the game adn go play somethin, what does not have scarry and difficulty chases(Counter-strike, Soldat, Etc) a week later I decide 2 try again, then I complete it and stay puzzling something else for another week... eventually I complete it ;) but I've gotta admit it, it's a really good game ;) Good job, Yahtzee.

#6 Godteri

Godteri

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 06:43 PM

Now if 5 days scared you a lot.
NEVER EVER EVEN TRY THIS

It's WAY more scary than 5 days, and its easyer to die.
When that is said, GO GET THIS GAME NOW.

Its just too good to miss out on, even though  won't sleep for the next 365 days, I've played one of the best AGS games I've ever tried.

Its scary........ But overall, the story will make you play on.

I did excactly the same thing as "Sapper8" did, nice to see i'm not the only one who thinks this game is scary.

#7 Bwad

Bwad

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 04:26 AM

fantastic game but for some reason i'd have to say that 5 days is better. just the whole futuristic thing doesnt really grasp me...
life is easy with your eyes closed...

#8 Rollcage445

Rollcage445

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 03:56 PM

Brilliant game, 5 days is better, in my opinion, still a must get if you are not scared of blood?

#9 dErmos

dErmos

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 09:13 PM

Puzzles are fun, but I don't like timeing... I liked 5 days a stranger more, even thoug this one is more bloody... haha!

#10 WaAn

WaAn

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 11:24 AM

Yeah, 5 days is better, but 7 days is good too. And both are scary.
user posted image

#11 wardrich

wardrich

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 01:11 AM

I just started playing this game.  I don't like how there doesn't seem to be any shortcuts to access the verbs.  You pretty much have to right-click and pick what you want to do, which gets annoying FAST.

#12 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 04:46 AM

That's pretty much the style with most adventure games now a days anyway, I think it's effective and rather quicker than the ways of old.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#13 Adventure_freak93

Adventure_freak93

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 03:58 PM

Is it really that gory? i mean howd bad can it be?
is it like you see alot f dead guys, or is it "straight to the head" close view cut-scenes, full of blood?
i played 5 days and i thought it was ok...

#14 Japofran

Japofran

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 04:12 PM

Most times it's not so gory, but definitely more so than 5DS. There are some bloodstains here and there, a couple of guys who find an unpleasant end... But of course you have that single scene when you discover... That's all the gore you can stuff into 320x200 pixels². No close views however.
..oO Mustached Crusader of the PEEKOCKSWOOZZLE Order Oo..
"STFU and show me your screenies!!"

#15 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 05:37 PM

I don't get with all the gore exclaimers and etc. we post all over this series.

There's like no blood and gore in these games, and that one scene in 7DaS wasn't even so bad, it's all little pixels, Trilby's Notes doesn't even have any notable gore.

I love the first two (Trilby's Notes isn't really catching my attention right now) but I don't see much blood or anything, 5DaS has like nothing, maybe one or two scenes, 7DaS has a little more, but it's just as tame as the ones in 5DaS and I think Trilby's Notes just tries a bit too hard to stuff it in there.

Knight of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!21
Best Topics Ever: Aywanez Splenda Women PICKLEWESSEL Signs OMG

Reply to this topic