98 replies to this topic

#1 taikara

taikara

Tai-Fu Mastah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2389 posts

Posted 26 November 2005 - 08:49 PM

So, in case you didn't know, I write music. Most of it's sort of awful, but hey, it's fun. I mostly sing and write music under the name Sullied (SometimesSulliedSoul - aka .::sss::.)

The big problem is that I don't really play guitar that well, and haven't managed to hook up my keyboard or guitar to my computer in such a way that I can actually record what I've written, and most music editing software is a nightmare.

However, I think I may have found a collaborator who may be willing to help me out on the guitar end of one of my songs. I heard the first "clean" concept for the song today, and well... it wasn't really what I had in mind, though it was actually freaking incredible! (and I don't mind if it's posted, because the guitar is really awesome, if not my style).

So, I made a silly little vocal mockup of sort of what I wanted the guitar to sound like to help my possible collaborator out (if he still wants to work with me after this, anyway LOL), and thought I'd share it. Some have you may have heard this song a while ago :blink:

Simplicity

I think it's missing Daka's beatbox talents, personally ;)
..<[[[Tofu Ninja of the Pickasldawessle Order]]]>..
QUOTE (Tai - in response to DD on how people who fear change are like cats)
you mean the "you moved my litterbox, so I'm going to pee in your clothes hamper" attitude?
Yes, I just quoted myself. ph34r my T4i-F00!!.
doodoodoo!!!

#2 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 26 November 2005 - 08:53 PM

Hehe it sounds pretty good Tai  LOL , I can imagine it must not have been easy to do that kind of recording like that, that's something I can never even think about doing, no correction I don't have the courage to do. :blink: But I can hear the style your going through with what ya recorded and it sounds very nice. ;)

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#3 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • 2784 posts

Posted 26 November 2005 - 08:56 PM

I've said this before, but what the heck.... Me likey :blink:

Yo!

#4 taikara

taikara

Tai-Fu Mastah

• Members
  • 2389 posts

Posted 26 November 2005 - 09:26 PM

It's not synced up properly, and there are a couple places where I just totally screwed up the "guitar" part, though.

Unfortunately, I have pretty awful rhythm ;)

You're both probably biased, but I'll take it  LOL
you mean the "you moved my litterbox, so I'm going to pee in your clothes hamper" attitude?
doodoodoo!!!

#5 Moogle

Moogle

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1035 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 12:41 AM

Nice job!!!

Am I biased...?  :blink: ;) LOL

#6 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 06:16 AM

Me biased? LOL  Taikara come on now, we both know between us who's got the better talent ;) hehe, not easy to do something like that record in such a way, believe me would I do something like that? Uh no because it would turn out to be very scary. :blink:

taikara Posted on Nov 26 2005, on 01:49 PM, said:

However, I think I may have found a collaborator who may be willing to help me out on the guitar end of one of my songs. I heard the first "clean" concept for the song today, and well... it wasn't really what I had in mind, though it was actually freaking incredible! (and I don't mind if it's posted, because the guitar is really awesome, if not my style).

Well lookey here, I just happen to have a copy of that guitar track right here hehe.

Simplicity Guitar Track

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#7 taikara

taikara

Tai-Fu Mastah

• Members
  • 2389 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 11:03 PM

whee! After some collaboration, we've come up with a semi-final track (still needs bass, and Daka's beatbox stylings :) ... and probably some smoothing out, I'm a total newbie with this studio program, hehe).

So, here we go:

Simplicity Full Version (Metal)

And if anyone ever told me I'd be singing accompanied by metal riffs, I would have laughed my butt off at them... ;)

A HUGE thanks goes to both Dvoe, who played guitar excellently (and willingly), and DD, who lent his guitarist to me for a little bit :(

Thank you both so much, it's been a lot of fun LOL

Edit: Comments and criticisms would be really appreciated, this is my first real attempt at mixing one of my songs ;)

2nd Edit: It would probably be good if I uploaded the version that actually had the guitar :blink: ... so, fixed :P
doodoodoo!!!

#8 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 11:07 PM

Hehe thankies Tai it was nothing, most of credit goes to Dvoe for pumping out the riffs, which will be of some use in the future no doubt. LOL Probably biased opinion on this track but I thought it turned out very well, the lyrics are well written and your vocal style on the track fits nicely the riffs don't overshadow your style which sticks out, very nice job all around. :blink:

#9 taikara

taikara

Tai-Fu Mastah

• Members
  • 2389 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 11:40 PM

Thanks, DD LOL

Wow, that was amazingly painful. Okay, anyone who tried downloading what was up before, it really is fixed this time... I hope :blink:
doodoodoo!!!

#10 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 11:42 PM

It's fixed it sounds killer, I love this track. *Replays track again.*

#11 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 11:47 PM

I think the best way to get Daka's attention would be to post in his roguelike thread, actually.:blink:

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#12 Kon-Tiki

Kon-Tiki

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 11:53 PM

Both vocals and guitarwork're great, but the mix itself just doesn't seem to work out. Still a great result for a first try :blink:

Btw... what's that at the last few seconds?

#13 taikara

taikara

Tai-Fu Mastah

• Members
  • 2389 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 12:02 AM

A. J. Raffles, on Nov 27 2005, 11:47 PM, said:

I think the best way to get Daka's attention would be to post in his roguelike thread, actually.:(
What a brilliant idea :)

*goes to the Brainstorming section to post*

"Hey Daka, get over to the Art/Movies/Music forum, I need your big mouth!" ;)

@Tiki: Thanks for the criticism... I tend to agree, but I'm not used to hearing my voice along with metal, either :blink: I still wub it though... first time I've had real music to go along with my lyrics, whee LOL
doodoodoo!!!

#14 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 12:10 AM

taikara, on Nov 28 2005, 12:02 AM, said:

A. J. Raffles, on Nov 27 2005, 11:47 PM, said:

I think the best way to get Daka's attention would be to post in his roguelike thread, actually.LOL
What a brilliant idea ;)

*goes to the Brainstorming section to post*

"Hey Daka, get over to the Art/Movies/Music forum, I need your big mouth!" :blink:
And of course you could always use the niftiest way of communicating with forum members: give him a warn.:(

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#15 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 12:11 AM

Ah yes the ol warn method a classic example of getting someone's attention.

*Remembers when AJ warned me for my sudden avi/sig change to guitardude.*:blink: