41 replies to this topic

#16 HackSlacka

HackSlacka

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 01:11 AM

Up until point 93, he simply doesn't say those things.

And therefore, he doesn't have any reason to look for the occult books in the library, and i'm screwed.

#17 Sean

Sean

Just call me Mr. Magic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 10:34 AM

Have you studied all of the items with the EYE tool?

[092] If you haven?t obtained and read ALL of the above, then do so now.

Its been a long while since I played, I am sorry I can't help any more than I have done so.

EDIT: You could visit his website www.fullyramblomatic.com and then his forums. Theres a stickied thread on there for bugs like this as far as I know. However he can be very 'unwelcoming' to some people. :D
Me>You

#18 DeathSpark

DeathSpark

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 24 November 2005 - 04:08 AM

Game is great, and I thought that adventure games will never get gory

#19 Bwad

Bwad

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 09:51 AM

Walkthrough said:

DAY ONE

Start off by trying to open the door, it won't so try the window. It won't open either so try the door once more and it'll open. Observe cutscene then walk downstairs. Grab the newspaper thats underneath the telephone. Read it and catch up with the storyline. Walk east then walk east again. Watch the T.V to gain some extra plot information. Take the VCR cord. Go east again and exhaust the dialogue with Philip. When finished go upstairs and exhaust dialogue with Simone. Go back downstairs and go west. Walk west again (take note of potrait each time in the room). From the kitchen exit outside and pick up the twig on the ground. Push the tree, the talk with the tree. Exhaust dialogue with Jim. GO back inside, then west, then west again. Walk west once more and exhaust all dialogues with all characters. Collect the article off of Phil and read it. Enjoy cutscene.

DAY TWO

Return to the dining room.  Note the potrait. Exhaust all dialogs with Jim. Walk west and then outside. Move east and examine the pool. Move East and examine the pipe. Move east towards Phil and exhaust all dialogs with him. Return inside and move upstairs. Enter the door closest to the top of the stairs. Exhaust all dialogs with Simone. Take a book from on the left, 2nd row down, the 6th or 7th from the left are yellow in color. Look at it. Below these and a little to the right, on the bottom row, are several light blue books. Take one. Read it to see the plot thicken. Return to Phil at the same place in the garden. Give Phil the map and he gives you his metal detector. Walk west towards the swimming pool. Use the metal detector on the pipeline.  It leads you to a specific pile of dirt on the lawn near to the rear wall. Poke the pile of dirt and it reveals a metal panel with a single unmarked red button. Press the panel. Walk west. Walk down the stairs watch the gory cutscenes.

DAY THREE

Return to the dining room (west of the stairs on lower floor). Talk to Phil (note the picture). Continue west and the outside. Exhaust dialogue with Jim and enter your car. Obtain the lockpicks and use them on the toolshed. Take the pickaxe and the two-man saw. Go inside and upstairs. Use the lockpick on the door right of the library. Now try the door to the right of the previous one. Enter it and open the wardrobe. Take the book from inside. Read the book. Open the window and climb out. Leave the room and enter the library. Exhaust dialogue with Jim. Go downstairs (with Jim following you) and go outside. Use the saw on the tree. Return to the room with the window (where you obtained the diary) and go out the window. Use your grolly with the loose tile. Enter in throught the window. Grab the Victorian-era teddy bear and open the nightstand to obtain another Diary. Read it and exit the room and enter the library. Look at the row of black colored books at the extreme right and second row down and take one. Read it. Now sue the extension cord with the teddy bear the combine with twig. Go downstairs and enter the kitchen. Look low down and to the left of the cooker and see a large bag of salt. Dip the contraption into the salt. Go to Matthew DeFoe's Room (One where you obtained teddy bear). Use it on his bed then. Now go downstairs and into the kitchen. Use the pickaxe on the wall (on the left side of the room). Enter the hole and use the contraption to find the body. (If you can?t find it, walk to the following position :- There are 3 straight horizontal parallel lines on the floor stretching from the east wall.  Go to the west end of the most south of these 3 lines.  That?s the place.) Now interact with the ground where he is buried. Go back to the kitchen and move east as far as you can. Touch the idol. Watch the cutscene.

DAY FOUR

Try to get out of the toolshed but you fail. Talk to Simone un til she helps you out (the key dialogue to use is: ?What makes you think I killed Philip, anyway?? then, ?I was possessed by the ghost!? then, ?It possessed me just like it did when I killed AJ.? and finally, ?I?m delirious with guilt most of the time.?) Ask for your tie back. Use lockpick with door and open it. Exit to outside and go upstairs (on the way up look at the potrait) and save. Enter the bathroom and talk to Simone. Wait for the enemy (Jim apparantley) to stand on the rug and then interact with the rug.

DAY FIVE

Talk to Simone. Enter Matthew's room and echaust all dialogue with him. Obtain from him a blacksmith?s leather apron, a blood soaked machete, and an old fashioned welding mask spotted with blood. Enter the library.  Look again at the row of black colored books at the extreme right and second row down. Take one and read it. Walk to the living room (east of the stairs on the bottom floor) and talk to Simone. Take the scissors. Use the scissors on apron. Use strip of leather with welding mask. Use combination with machete. Go to the kitchen and use the newly made contraption with the salt. Go to the cellar (where body is) and use contraption on chains. Look in you inventory and then enter the bathroom. Use scissors to cut leather off thats holding the contraption together. Now use machete on tiles. Pick up remains. Go to the trophy room (before that check the potrait one last time).  Place the remains in front of the fire. Place mask on remains. Go to the living room and tell Simone to go to the trophy room. Go to Matthew's room and tell him to go to the trophy room as well. Now return to the trophy room and give the teddy bear to Jim. Pick up the rifle from above the fireplace and give it to Simone. Use hte black occult book on yourself and get ready to watch the end cutscenes.

Edit: Made spoilers less easily legible - AJ

Edited by A. J. Raffles, 22 January 2006 - 10:03 AM.

life is easy with your eyes closed...

#20 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6304 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 10:04 AM

Hmm, that's nice, Bwad, but next time try to conceal the spoilers a bit.:)

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#21 Bwad

Bwad

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 02:22 AM

yea sorry bout that, i'll remeber it in future though :)

this game was one of my favourites though, one really good story line but coudl've made it alot better if the puzzles were more harder. Other than that, this was actually one of the games that freaked me out when playing at night. Overall it's about a 4.

bwad.

EDIT by Beef: Removed double post. Please use the Edit button in future.

Edited by BeefontheBone, 27 January 2006 - 09:45 AM.

life is easy with your eyes closed...

#22 Rollcage445

Rollcage445

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 03:58 PM

Brilliant just like 7 days a skeptik, I'd rather play this on though...

#23 dErmos

dErmos

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 09:15 PM

Why do you look for walkthroughs, it is no fun that way...

#24 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 10:57 PM

dErmos, on Jan 26 2006, 09:15 PM, said:

Why do you look for walkthroughs, it is no fun that way...
Well, but when you're really completely stuck in a puzzle-based adventure game, I think you can be forgiven for looking at a walkthrough. The only games I was ever able to complete without any help whatsoever were the old LucasArts games. Except Zak Mc Bloody Kracken.:blink:

Anyway, about this game: if you're a bit squeamish as far as horror and all that is concerned, this is a game to avoid, right? :P

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#25 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 05:06 AM

Yup you are correct AJ, there are some scenes in the game that may make you cringe if you don't have the heart for it.  :blink:

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#26 Bobbin Threadbare

Bobbin Threadbare

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 28 January 2006 - 03:44 PM

I don't mind blood. I don't find it gross or disgusting.

.:EDIT:.
@AJ:
Me too. That game is so odd. And confusing. Dam McKracken.
Heh, it took me a while to change this...
IPB Image
Credit goes to TheVoid for creating my wonderful avatar/personal pic.

#27 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 28 January 2006 - 05:09 PM

I don't mind blood either, but once it gets really excessive and silly then it makes me go okay yeah, Soldier of Fortune for example can really go overboard. :blink:

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#28 RyGuy

RyGuy

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 03:12 AM

Anyone know what that painting that contiues to get older signifies? I could never figure out what it meant. I only realized it got older each day.
IPB Image

#29 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2784 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 08:02 AM

That Yahtzee pays really good attention to the small things in his games :D

Yo!

#30 Sinke

Sinke

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 11:59 AM

While I can't say I was freaking out playing this game, there are some gory scenes alright. Yahtzee knows what he is doing. However, in this game I always had a feeling that it is somewhat a comedy- especially when the burglar gets in using that umbrella stuff.

7 days a sceptic would be great if it were a third sequel. I'd like to have another installment of the serial in between. But maybe he will find a way to return the monster after the statue was destroyed on the engine of the spaceship.

About the painting, it is a great dramaturgical comment of the author, symbolising decay and terror during these 5 days.
One can always get mocked for being polite.

Reply to this topic