53 replies to this topic

#46 Japofran

Japofran

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 10:31 PM

Yeah it's damn scary, the only scary thing about the two previous ones was when the wraith was chasing you in 7DS, but this reality shift stuff is completely crazy. And by the way, even though the graphics are the same 320x200 or whatever, the characters are much better drawn this time. I've just started, might come back to read some of those spoilers...
..oO Mustached Crusader of the PEEKOCKSWOOZZLE Order Oo..
"STFU and show me your screenies!!"

#47 RyGuy

RyGuy

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 01:17 AM

View PostJapofran, on Jun 30 2006, 06:31 PM, said:

Yeah it's damn scary, the only scary thing about the two previous ones was when the wraith was chasing you in 7DS, but this reality shift stuff is completely crazy. And by the way, even though the graphics are the same 320x200 or whatever, the characters are much better drawn this time. I've just started, might come back to read some of those spoilers...
You can change it to 640x480 which is miniscule compared to fps and such. But making this game have great graphics would remove it's touch. I like the pixely stuff, I see that and I think "Welder with a machete!" But yes, the reality shifting is crazy. Also there are easter eggs I believe. When you go through the door near bar to the dining room sometimes it will put you in a different place. I've been to the altar that you find Cabadath in later in the game. Also I've been to the cargo hold of the big ship where the crate is in 7 Days A Skeptic. Also I was put in the Defoe Manor basement and had the welder come and stab me. Just as I was stabbed I returned to reality, but damn did I get nervous. Also this one is really eerie with everything they have in it. Like the bodies that are laying everywhere, I mean, damn! And that mannequin, I hate mannequins... The atmosphere in the game really sucks you in too. From the creepy midi sound track, to those whispers! Hide me from the whispers! :D
IPB Image

#48 Snakesta95

Snakesta95

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 03:11 AM

Me and ryguy were both playing it together. It's still creepy. Also when ever you went into a new room and it was shifted. It gets creepy. When it shifted and you go the the stairs, the top floor was creepy. The first was creepy that dead body laying there. Some parts in this make you jump. The first time it shifts creeps you out. Have fun to people who play it. Be prepared =D. Hint: don't play in the dark, if you don't want to be scared. If want to be scared play in the dark.  :D

#49 Japofran

Japofran

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 09:36 AM

In this one they actually did try to scare people with all that stuff. By the way, have you noticed that the antiques dealer you first meet at the hotel must be related to the space ship's captain in 7DS? Both are black and are called Chahal.
..oO Mustached Crusader of the PEEKOCKSWOOZZLE Order Oo..
"STFU and show me your screenies!!"

#50 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 05:31 PM

Might be related or could just be a concidence I suppose.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#51 destron

destron

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 05:32 PM

ummm... i was never really good at adventure games... so i guess i need a spoily here - i'm stuck in simone's room (yes, at the beginning) and i can't figure out what to do - i already opened the window blind and she's lying on the floor but trilby can't see her. what the heck am i supposed to do?

#52 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 05:41 PM

Spoilers

Try looking at the body.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#53 destron

destron

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 05:47 PM

Thanx! i guess i didn't think of that because when i say look <object> it says you can't see blah blah the lightning is impairing your vision blah blah blah. thanks man!

#54 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2784 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 05:51 PM

As the game has been updated with, conversations should be taken to this topic. :D

Closing this one.

Yo!