47 replies to this topic

#16 MdaG

MdaG

AR-coholic

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 06:21 PM

I really need to keep track of how hungry my character is! Just died of starvation for the umpteenth time  :)

#17 Tulac

Tulac

The Great Red Lemur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1546 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 06:50 PM

Good review DakaSha :)

DakaSha:if you go into a kindergarden and give all the kids rubber schlongs they will prob just hit each other over the head with them
DakaSha:and you have a class of little kids hitting eachother with rubber dongs which must be quite funny (also Picklweasel knight I am)

#18 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2953 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 09:00 PM

MdaG, on Sep 19 2005, 07:21 PM, said:

I really need to keep track of how hungry my character is! Just died of starvation for the umpteenth time  :)
You can probably set a warning message in the Preferences somewhere - not sure, but most variants have something like that.
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.

#19 MrBackAlleySka

MrBackAlleySka

Daily Denizen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 02:14 AM

MdaG, on Sep 19 2005, 02:52 AM, said:

Found a solution. Press "%" and you can edit the tiles yourself. The defaults really is the ones in Linux, but the Windows version has them changed to ugly blocks  :) . Anyway just keep hitting "d" and it'll set em straight.

That is:
1. Press "%"
2. Press "8"
3. Alternate between "d" and "n" until you've gone through them all.

Remember to save the setup since the game will revert back when you quit (at least mine did).
Oh your a savior. I couldn't bare the ASCII with those damned blocks, so I went to tiles, but I never could play long with them, because I somehow felt I was cheating on ASCII, hah.......stop looking at me like that.....

*scoots away* Too bad i'm addicted to the Spiderweb Software's Avernum games (Just bought the entire package ;)) but once I get bored, i'll be back to ToME, no doubt  ;)

#20 MdaG

MdaG

AR-coholic

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 10:51 AM

DakaSha said:

dang mdag your right!

i knew about the option but never thought of using it for the ascii graphics...
well thanks

MrBackAlleySka said:

Oh your a savior. I couldn't bare the ASCII with those damned blocks, so I went to tiles, but I never could play long with them, because I somehow felt I was cheating on ASCII, hah.......stop looking at me like that.....

Call me God  :)  ;)  ;)

*edit*
Those multi hued baby dragons sure pack a good punch. My Ent lost 125 HP in just three rounds... Luckuly I had some stairs next to me... sheeez, how on earth am I suppose to take those on? I'm on lvl 8 in the Barrow D...

#21 chickenman

chickenman

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 08:47 PM

Cool i have the Linux version of it :)

#22 MdaG

MdaG

AR-coholic

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 09:01 AM

Why are there so many princesses locked up in the Barrow Downs ???

#23 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6304 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 10:05 AM

Well, you just can't have too many pricesses roam free at a time. They're dangerous, you know.

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#24 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 10:43 AM

:) True, but also because if they were free, they would be exposed to certain desires and world might be full of little princes and princesses! So I say lock'em up! ;)
...70 years... LOL

#25 MdaG

MdaG

AR-coholic

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 11:14 AM

A. J. Raffles, on Sep 24 2005, 12:05 PM, said:

Well, you just can't have too many pricesses roam free at a time. They're dangerous, you know.
Why are the culprits sometimes slimy molds or creep corpses? It's not like they have an agenda is there? Also why on Middle Earth do I have to kill 25 mushroom patches for the little guy to come forward and claim his sword? And remember that I'm a ninja and I won't tolerate dirty toilets!  :)

#26 DakaSha

DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • 2013 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 12:57 PM

the princess and fumble fingers quests are the random quests... i always put it at 98... more mean monsters means more experience points and more princesses means more ego items and artifacts. you only run across these quests in the four main dungeons:

Barrow Downs
Mirkwood
Mordor
Angband

the princess is known to be pretty dumb for letting herself be captured by molds and the like. And that sword guy is called Fumble Fingers by everybody because he loses his sword to the molds and stuff. DONT take him along. if you dont take his help hell offer to raise or give you skills. that means you can have like a zombie troll with summoning :)

(dont raise the summoning skill btw... 1 point is fine if you dont want to summon uniques... and it would be a waste to invest points into it)

Posted Image
For all you artists here... and we have enough. Please draw me something :D Click Here. If possible include your nick. A simple Test. dunno of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!2

#27 MdaG

MdaG

AR-coholic

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 03:48 PM

Is it possible to kill Death swords? One of them killed my char in one round...

#28 DakaSha

DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • 2013 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 03:54 PM

very possible... they are just quick. If you dont want to go near them just shoot em with something... or throw something at them... or just ignore them

Posted Image
For all you artists here... and we have enough. Please draw me something :D Click Here. If possible include your nick. A simple Test. dunno of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!2

#29 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • 2953 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 04:40 PM

best to avoid them, or just shoot them. don't use magic though, they're really resistant. there's scarier versions later on too...
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.

#30 MdaG

MdaG

AR-coholic

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 08:46 AM

I'm always in such a hurry that I don't realize that they're death swords before they whack me... Been killed four times due to that and I'm still not learning...

Reply to this topic