20 replies to this topic

#16 PrejudiceSucks

PrejudiceSucks

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1865 posts

Posted 09 July 2005 - 07:12 AM

Oh yes! Shepherd Engineering Services are always looking for more civil engineers and they employ about 10,000+ people here.

Yeah, if you want to be a civil engineer then they're the place to go. That and New Zealand.

#17 taikara

taikara

Tai-Fu Mastah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2389 posts

Posted 09 July 2005 - 01:32 PM

What about computer technicians/graphic designers?  :)

England wouldn't be so bad. And I wouldn't really have to learn a new language, hehe.

Not that I'm lazy, just not very good at languages ;)  Other than Japanese, strangely... that was easy. French still kills me, and I took it for 5 years. I just don't have the tongue for European languages. But I'm going on a tangent here...
..<[[[Tofu Ninja of the Pickasldawessle Order]]]>..
QUOTE (Tai - in response to DD on how people who fear change are like cats)
you mean the "you moved my litterbox, so I'm going to pee in your clothes hamper" attitude?
Yes, I just quoted myself. ph34r my T4i-F00!!.
doodoodoo!!!

#18 MdaG

MdaG

AR-coholic

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 09 July 2005 - 02:29 PM

PrejudiceSucks, on Jul 9 2005, 07:12 AM, said:

Oh yes! Shepherd Engineering Services are always looking for more civil engineers and they employ about 10,000+ people here.

Yeah, if you want to be a civil engineer then they're the place to go. That and New Zealand.
Sweet! I'll have my exams in just under two years. I'll take a look at York and look over my possibilities. It's easier to move to England than New Zealand due to EU.

#19 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2953 posts

Posted 09 July 2005 - 05:59 PM

Round York there might be slightly fewer sheep, too.
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.

#20 PrejudiceSucks

PrejudiceSucks

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1865 posts

Posted 09 July 2005 - 06:44 PM

The Dales are sheeptabulous though...

Shepherd Engineering Services is mostly a CAD Engineering thing, so graphics is going to be a plus. Quite a lot of it is just straight engineering too.

Btw Shepherds own - Shepherd Homes, Shepherd Construction, Shepherd Engineering Servies and Porta Kabin, so there is gonna be work for pretty much anyone.

Woo I'm going to Work Experience at SES.

Hopefully they'll sponsor me through uni, that would be a big plus. Just got to impress them, really.

#21 wendy

wendy

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 10 July 2005 - 04:35 PM

How frustrating, Taikara. *sigh*  I don't know what to advise.  If you can still stand working there, perhaps you could remain untill something else comes along, and just remind the owners about the original terms of agreement...even threaten to leave if changes aren't made.  But if you dislike it to the point where you're unhappy there now, best just to leave.

I know where you're coming from regarding boyfriends.  But it's not a guy thing, it's a human thing.  I mean the human race collectively has it's problems...we're a cursed race, right?  So can't expect anything too marvellous from anyone.
IPB Image