#1 CunnyFunt

CunnyFunt

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 04:07 PM

An Untitled Story - rpg platformer/metroidvania
A really awesome rpg platformer where you have to explore everything yourself. Sets a good atmosphere with the music and graphics.

Barkley Shut Up And Jam: Gaiden - rpg
Only just finished this yesterday. Totally awesome SNES era rpg with Mario and Luigi-esque battle system. The story is somehow told in an epic manner, while you'll find yourself laughing at a lot of the dialogue. (I, for some reason laughed for ages when you swear at a snail and tell him his poem sucks)...

NOTE: Rapidshare download, the homepage is down currently. Google it for more info.

Elona - RPG
Rogue-like rpg with tons of stuff to do. Highly recommended for fans of rogue-likes.

Ainevoltas 2 - Platformer
If you like Cave Story or Iji you should like this game. It's a platformer with stats upgrades. You can even get married to different wives and your son uses different weapons depending on which wife you pick.

NOTE: Not homepage either.

Spelunky - Platformer
A really addictive platformer that's also being ported to XBLA (Xbox Live Arcade). Made by Derek Yu (Eternal Daughter), it is basically a platformer with a weird rogue-like twist on it that works extremely well. It's one of those games that will have you near suicidal when you die stupidly, but it will make you come back for more torture all the same.

I just added the games from my other posts plus added another. I would like to hopefully review Barkley Shut Up And Jam: Gaiden since it's the only game recently where I have sat down and played it through in one sitting. Don't worry, it won't be fanboyish.  ;)
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.

If a person is legally blind, but can suddenly see... Is he breaking the law?

#2 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 04:58 PM

Elona is pretty cool. ;)

And the graphics are very nice.

#3 Frodo

Frodo

Your neck looks very... tasty!

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 06:27 PM

Thanks for the links Cunny.

Look forward to seeing your review for Barkley Shut Up And Jam   ;)
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#4 CunnyFunt

CunnyFunt

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 01:55 AM

Yeah, I should of elaborated more on Elona. You can pretty much do anything in that game. It also has very good graphics for a rogue-like, none of that ASCII stuff.

Spelunky could be the freeware game of the year too.... can't put it down at the moment. Reminds me of the days when I played Elastomania and swore at my screen when I tried for 5 minutes to beat a level and then died. I think I should change the genre of Spelunky from Platformer to Masochistical Monster Hunting With Bombs, Whips, Ropes And Shiny Stuff

#5 Frodo

Frodo

Your neck looks very... tasty!

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 07:18 AM

Hehe, an *excellent* genre, Punny.   :D

And feel free to review *any* (or all) of those games.   ;)
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#6 CunnyFunt

CunnyFunt

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 02:28 PM

I probably will eventually. I like to play-test them a bit more. Like for example I'm going through Barkley again in Victorian Steampunk mode, which you unlock when you beat the game the first time. It's just purely a cosmetic change though I think.

Hope to get that review up by Friday, I'm busy most of this weekend with band practice.

Reply to this topic