#1 MdaG

MdaG

AR-coholic

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 08:27 PM

Or is it just me?

Easily one of the best (and most difficult) 3rd person point and click adventures ever made (CD version a must!). You really miss something if you only have the floppy version. Eric Idle does a great job as the voice of Rincewind.

Attached Files

• Attached File  big.gif   147.29K   0 downloads

#2 Stroggy

Stroggy

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 08:46 PM

This would be jolly good news.

#3 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 08:50 PM

Indeed if it does happen looking forward to it. :)

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#4 Doubler

Doubler

A regular Llama

• Admin
  • 2740 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 09:18 PM

;)
Would be nice.

But they're talking about the first one, aren't they? Have that one legaly :)  
;)

Wonderfull sig and avvie by Taikara :D

#5 Flop

Flop

Aspiring Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 09:30 PM

Very good news, indeed. I think I got it from HOTU a while back, but making it freeware would make it much more accessible. :)

We should really have some kind of a news/rumors section on the frontpage, for stuff like this. ;)
Furthermore, it is my opinion that Carthage must be destroyed.

#6 MdaG

MdaG

AR-coholic

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 09:31 PM

I own Discworld 1,2 and Noir. Still it would be a welcome addition the site.

#7 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2953 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 10:05 PM

Hey that'd be good - never played the first one. Anyone had any joy with Noir on XP? I only ever played the start but it doesn't like my windows, and my dad no longer has win 98 running :)
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.

#8 MrBackAlleySka

MrBackAlleySka

Daily Denizen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 10:14 PM

Wooo, Man, imagine if we time it so we're the FIRST Freeware site to host this IF and when it becomes freeware (other than scummvm), that'd be cool publicity

#9 Stroggy

Stroggy

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 10:33 PM

BeefontheBone, on Aug 3 2005, 11:05 PM, said:

Anyone had any joy with Noir on XP?
I recently got Discworld Noir running on Windows XP.

#10 taikara

taikara

Tai-Fu Mastah

• Members
  • 2389 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 10:41 PM

MrBackAlleySka, on Aug 3 2005, 10:14 PM, said:

Wooo, Man, imagine if we time it so we're the FIRST Freeware site to host this IF and when it becomes freeware (other than scummvm), that'd be cool publicity
If someone wants to do a review and get screenshots, we can prep it beforehand and have it ready in case that happens :)
..<[[[Tofu Ninja of the Pickasldawessle Order]]]>..
QUOTE (Tai - in response to DD on how people who fear change are like cats)
you mean the "you moved my litterbox, so I'm going to pee in your clothes hamper" attitude?
Yes, I just quoted myself. ph34r my T4i-F00!!.
doodoodoo!!!

#11 Stroggy

Stroggy

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 10:49 PM

I'd love to make a review, but I've never found a good working version anywhere (searched in all the libraries)... that's why I'm so looking forward to the (possible) freeware release.

#12 MdaG

MdaG

AR-coholic

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 08:43 AM

BeefontheBone, on Aug 4 2005, 12:05 AM, said:

Hey that'd be good - never played the first one. Anyone had any joy with Noir on XP? I only ever played the start but it doesn't like my windows, and my dad no longer has win 98 running :)
I have it, but I haven't tried playing it yet. But according to sources on Google it should work... I assume you've already tried disabling all kinds of crap that run in the background? I also assume you've used compatibility mode... right?

Feeble Files on the other hand, that one is impossible to get running in XP and I haven't googled a solution apart from maybe MS-Virtual PC...

#13 Stroggy

Stroggy

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 08:59 AM

The only way to get Discworld Noir running on windows XP is by installing a noCD crack, which nobody can help you with since (as you probably know) NoCD cracks aren't legal. It's a big problem in the adventuregame community where some copy protections (like those seen in recent European and Eastern-European adventuregames) aren't compatible with all computers. For Example: the Czech game "The Black Mirror" tends to shut down automatically at the end of Chapter I (or the beginning of Chapter II, I'm not sure which) due to a faulty copy protection.

Most people have had problems running Discworld on modern computers aswell so it would be nice if there was a version modified to work on ScummVM.

#14 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • 2784 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 10:02 AM

I agree with Tai on this one. If someone would review it and take screens, we would have it ready for update once, and if, it becomes freeware :)

Yo!

#15 MdaG

MdaG

AR-coholic

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 11:48 AM

If the games becomes freeware and unless the people at ScummVM doesn't host the actual files (which is unlikely) then I can provide them. I have the full CD version with speech and all.

Reply to this topic