74 replies to this topic

#46 Iron_Scarecrow

Iron_Scarecrow

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 06:13 AM

I can't wait to see what they do with the DS, if they have anything planned for it that it, which I'm sure they do.

#47 TheSmyth

TheSmyth

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 01:49 PM

Given unlimited time, processing power and skills. My ideal freeware project would be a MMORPG, but set in the modern day - A cross between Mafia and Sci-Fi.

Plotline: The world is run by syndicates (of all different races - Human / Alien / Vampire etc), everyone starts out as a worker for one of the larger syndicates until they get the chance to branch out on their own. After that they can either buy / take over their own patch, and control all of the territory and businesses within it.
You don't only have to go out leveling up and taking out the opposition, but you also have to control your territory (a bit sim-city style)
Eventually you'll become big enough to start recruiting your own new members, and running gang-wars with the other syndicates. All the time vying for control of as much territory as possible. And watching your back for the newbie that you hired today sticking a knife in your back tommorrow.

Obviously you also control your wardrobe, your image, and will have to collect an arsenal of weaponry to keep yourself in business.
:)
"All those who believe in telekinesis, raise my hand."

Murphys Law #143: Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

#48 DannyMc252

DannyMc252

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 06:24 PM

strategy.

end of discussion :)
user posted image
Meep?

#49 NrmMyth

NrmMyth

Daily Denizen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 09:30 PM

RPG.

end of discussion  ;)

:)

#50 Kiddiarni

Kiddiarni

Daily Denizen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 09:32 PM

I support my master.

Strategy

End of the discussion :)

#51 Handless

Handless

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 11:32 PM

Ya know? I would like a simulation, where you can play all kinds of animals, there where they naturally live. For example: a cheetah hunting an antilope, or a snake hunting mice or so. I hope you understand what i mean.

#52 LordHart

LordHart

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 12:39 AM

Handless, on May 16 2005, 11:32 PM, said:

Ya know? I would like a simulation, where you can play all kinds of animals, there where they naturally live. For example: a cheetah hunting an antilope, or a snake hunting mice or so. I hope you understand what i mean.
You essentially want an 'animals in the wild' simulator. Right? That sounds like an alright idea for a game, but too bad the major developers can't come up with ideas like that. "Lets churn out a sequel of that game no one bought so we can make refinements to it, that no one will see because the first sucked so bad! :)"

#53 Handless

Handless

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 12:52 AM

Was there some kind of this game?

#54 LordHart

LordHart

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 01:17 AM

Not that I know of. You could try asking around, as the Japanese have probably made a game that fits the description and has just never been exported it to the rest of the world.

#55 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2953 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 08:15 AM

Didn't Will Wright make a SimLife game or something? I remember a game like that for the ZX Spectrum - you started as a small rodenty thing or something and had to run around not getting eaten by predators. It wasn't all that good TBH, but it HAS been done.
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.

#56 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6304 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 08:27 AM

Wasn't there also P.A.W.S.? That was only a dog simulator, though, so I suppose it doesn't really count...

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#57 BlackMageJawa

BlackMageJawa

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 12:32 AM

Yay, the Personal Automated Wagging System. I played a demo of that many years ago. Great fun. Wish I could find the full version somewhere.

#58 Aureliano

Aureliano

Daily Denizen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 08:32 AM

Paw of Fury is THE animal simulator ^^

And as for the game I'd make, I sold my soul to action and strategy games.
I don't know but I've been told
Deirdre's got a Network Node
Likes to press the on/off switch
Dig that crazy Gaian witch !

- Spartan troup song -

#59 Stroggy

Stroggy

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 10:30 AM

Well there is always spore
But I wouldn't bet on it, myself.

#60 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2953 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 12:31 PM

I'd forgotten about that, haven't heard anything about it for ages. I read interviews with Will Wright and he seemed ridiculously excited about it.
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.