138 replies to this topic

#76 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4277 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 08:07 PM

...it was supposed to be a ring mail and a coat over it... :)

Actually, I tried to make it look a little like me. And btw, I've had longer hair, though much more curly. I can tell you: they are real pain in the moneymaker. But back to the pic, it took me about 5 mins and I lost my interest! :D
...70 years... LOL

#77 Potatoe

Potatoe

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1487 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 10:51 PM

Looks like something ripped straight from an action game... In a positive manner.

#78 taikara

taikara

Tai-Fu Mastah

• Members
  • 2389 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 04:14 AM

It looks like a really buff version of Legolas (it must be the braids). In a good way. Orlando Bloom is kind of hot. And you kind of look like him, actually, in a much tougher, more Finnish kind of way.

Ooooh, lookie, pictures of me.... yay :) likies.

I could return the favor, if you'd like.
..<[[[Tofu Ninja of the Pickasldawessle Order]]]>..
QUOTE (Tai - in response to DD on how people who fear change are like cats)
you mean the "you moved my litterbox, so I'm going to pee in your clothes hamper" attitude?
Yes, I just quoted myself. ph34r my T4i-F00!!.
doodoodoo!!!

#79 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 07:22 AM

@Potatoe: Thanks.

@Tai: :) Actually you aren't the first one to say that about my looks! Well, with almost exactly same words! Watch out, Tom... :D
...70 years... LOL

#80 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 08:03 AM

Hmm... I'm trying to do a new Nightwish-themed siggie. Which one these should I continue with?

Attached Files

...70 years... LOL

#81 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6304 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 11:48 AM

I like the first one.:)

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#82 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 01:04 PM

I liked the first one most and I decided that if even a single one likes it most too, I'll refine it. However, I don't have too much of good tools to use so I had to give up with the idea to write their names and few effects I had in mind. Thus I just simply tried to adjust its brightness to blend it to background color. Pretty hard to perfect it. For now I'll just stick with this:

Attached Files

...70 years... LOL

#83 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 10:15 AM

Threadnomancy, doublepost and digging grave for myself... What the heck, here comes piece of my never-ending book project, starring one of the main characters and *tadaa* Tai's alter ego or something. I've been adding most of my friends at some level into my book - or at least some characters have some traits of my friends. Tai is probably most created, least of heself, but that's because she's the only one I know thanks to internet and thus I took huge liberties with her character. Hopefully she (or Tom, btw) isn't upset of her part. Hope you all enjoy of this very short cut:

When he recovered, the beast had already bled to death and he drank part of it's blood. Blood's taste reeled him and he understood his father diminishing snowdeer's blood. Snowlion's blood tasted heavenly. He even believed he felt, how his strength came back and wounds healed. But after trying his shoulder he bit his teeth and fell to his knees. Wounds hadn't disappeared to anywhere.
   Left shoulder was also wounded from the strike, but he could carefully move it. He did his best to bandage his right shoulder, but the task was next to impossible. His thigh he could bandage well. He managed to lit the fire, but fell asleep. When he woke up, it was early evening. How long had he slept? He drank more blood and poured the rest into an empty skin and began the hard work. Finally, after sky had dimmed, he had managed to remove the fur and meat and saved the lion's teeth into a small pouch. He'd make himself a necklace of them.
   Suddenly he became conscious, someone was close! He grabbed his axe and swung around, searching the enemy. Swinging and pain caused dizziness, but he managed to stay up and he saw the approacher. But she wasn't an enemy, at least she didn't look like one. With nearly voiceless steps to him was walking a goddes of his dreams. Her beauty was astonishing and Hamador noticed his pains forgotten and awakening lust. He lowered his weapon and hailed with his free hand.
   "Hail..." Finally he noticed the huge snowlion following the woman! It was larger than any he had been described, possibly twice as large as the one he had killed. Immediately he rose his axe and cursed he had left his shield aside.
   "Hail. Lower your arms, Csaran isn't going to do you any harm, unless you try to harm him," beautiful, low voice said.
   Hamador watched afraid the giant and glanced remnants of his own kill. Woman gave a laugh.
   "Don't worry, Csaran understands well, that the battle was as fair, as it ever could be. In his opinion every snowlion that lets himself be surprised deserves to die. But who are you, great hunter and warrior?"
   "Hamador, chief Valador's son, from the clan an-Scarador. And you? Can you speak with the animals? Are you supposed to be one of the Lesser Mights?"
   "Well met, Hamador. I am Tai Cara, lesser to the Lesser Mights. Csaran is very intelligents and blessed by me and thus we can discuss, even though you can't hear it. Let's say we change thoughts."
   "Lesser to the Lesser?"
   "My mother was just like any maid of your clan."
   Hamador surprised. He had of course heard how sometimes, very rarely Mights took themselves mortal wives, most beautiful in their own people, but he wouldn't had ever believed to actually encounter one. They lived long, far longer than any ador, lemen or craemmor, many generations. On the other hand he had to admit, that he hadn't ever believed to meet even Lesser Might.
   "You certainly are a powerful, Tai Cara, but how do I really know, that you are mortal daughter of a Might, and not just powerful witch?"
   "Great, you aren't fool. You'll be fine chief."
   "I never said I was heir."
   Tai Cara gave a laugh. "Good. You think fast. I admit, I know more of you and your clan, but don't worry, I come as a friend. I want to ask your permission to walk these lands freely and to know your laws, because I'm looking for something, and I don't want to disturb locals. So, what do you demand as payment?"
   Hamador licked he's lips and thought Tai Cara's warm arms, but warned himself with what power he was dealing with, closed his eyes and said:
   "I don't demand any payment, but I ask for a favor. I am wounded, and I can't take care of all my wounds myself. I ask you to bandage my wounds."
   Tai Cara looked at him surprised, as if she had known, what Hamador had been thinking of. She smiled and came right next to him. Her sleeveless shirts front touched Hamador, as she reached over his shoulder to look at the wound. Hamador bit his teeth and tried to think of Radine. He gave a laugh, he wasn't supposed to think of her, but Therine.
   "Sit down," Tai Cara said shortly and moved behind his back. Hamador followed with his look, how Csaran visited smelling the blood-stained bowl, startled and turned away. He disappeared to the direction of waterfall and Hamador remembered again to breath. All of the sudden his shoulder felt a lot better and he felt how Tai Cara tied the last knots of the bandage. Then the tender hands moved to the other should and then to the thigh, and warmth spread into them, removing the pain. Every touch, even a brush excited him.
   "Thank you."
   "Be careful, they need time to heal, but now you can carry your prey and defend yourself, if you're attacked," Tai Cara's hands rubbed tenderly his back and she pressed her head into his neck. "May I ask a return to favor?" Tai's arms slipped to frontside, she pressed herself against him and kissed his neck. Hamador couldn't resist any longer.

Late at night Hamador woke up from his dreams. Tai Cara rested next to him under the snowlions fur and brathed lightly. Csaran lied on the other side of the fire and slept one eye open. He didn't hear a thing and he closed his eyes, dreaming of Tai Cara. He wondered if it was possible to persuade her to meet more often?

Morning sun had already rose, when Hamador woke up. Alone. Had he been dreaming? At least he slept naked under the fur next to dead fire. He stood up quickly and took his weapon and searched for tracks. But he couldn't find any. He did find his prey's tracks easily, but there wasn't any tracks of twice as big beast. Nor of Tai Cara.
   "Hamador." Voice came next to his ear.
   He turned around frightened. Only forest.
   "I had to go, but thank you for your permission and for the last night."
   "Where are you?" Hamador shouted into the forest.
   "Far away already. Look under the fur, if you haven't found it already. Thank you, it's a reward for I found what I was looking for."
   "Will we eve meet again?"
   "Who knows? But don't wait for it. Farewell, if we never meet again," voice withdrew.
   "Farewell," Hamador whispered lowering his head. He noticed shocked that his eyes were wet and he dried them quickly. He understood he coulnd't refuse, whatever Tai Cara ever asked. He'd be slave, if Tai Cara wanted so. Even power of the offspring of Might made him shiver. What would be real Might with its powers, in love or in rage? He shivered.
   He steeled himself and looked under the fur. On the fur under was lying an old sword in a worn sheath. He picked it up and unsheathed the sword. Blade looked old and worn, but it was even still incredibly sharp. He examined the blade and sat down after reading from the blade from hardly visible text name Andor. Same named had been Dor's mighty apprentice in blacksmithing. He examined more the text and managed to decipher the rest. Dor himself had blessed this weapon in year 311. It had the be the same Andor. He breathed heavily. Sword, centuries old, forged by legend, appeared from nowhere!

...70 years... LOL

#84 taikara

taikara

Tai-Fu Mastah

• Members
  • 2389 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 05:07 AM

I am honored to have a character based on some semblance of me in your future best-selling novel :wall:

Of course, I'm not so awesome in real life, but I suppose you did say you took huge liberties :)

Thank you for sharing, and I really enjoyed reading it :ok:
..<[[[Tofu Ninja of the Pickasldawessle Order]]]>..
QUOTE (Tai - in response to DD on how people who fear change are like cats)
you mean the "you moved my litterbox, so I'm going to pee in your clothes hamper" attitude?
Yes, I just quoted myself. ph34r my T4i-F00!!.
doodoodoo!!!

#85 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 05:51 AM

Well, the translation is what it is, and it's only very small part of the text taken out in public and actually not from the easiest end to get into, but it was only because "you" are in it. And this is actually one of the most epic fantasy moments in my book and your only entrance so far, but you'll have more in the end of it - however I'm not even nearly as far yet. And I have thoughts and ideas of including Tai Cara in to the next one, which actually happens century or two later - so you'll reach pretty old age! :ok: Actually, your char in this clip is already quite old... She's been on a quest for over a century. :wall: But let's not reveal everything!

Oh, and nice if you liked it - even with that terrible translation!
...70 years... LOL

#86 greywolf

greywolf

The Wanderer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 06:13 AM

Nice stuff, Juni! :ok: Perhaps you'll entreat us by posting more...? That is, if you want to bother translating it. Or you could just lock Potatoe up in a room somewhere and force him to do it for you. (Hmm... too much of the Defoe influence here - I think I definitely need to take a break from that series for a while...)

Oh, and by the by, I only got the whole "TaiCara" [sic] thing halfway through reading it. :wall: Shows how astute I am.

#87 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 06:22 AM

:ok:

Actually I'm not going to translate much of my book, because I'd like to keep most of it to myself until I get it published (if ever). BUT! I've also thought of writing a small novel of Tai Cara's past and the time until she gets back into the real story. Small ideas spinning inside my head, let's see do they ever form up. If they do, I think I write it in English, so no translation difficulties then, only my poor English! :wall:
...70 years... LOL

#88 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 01:56 PM

Okay, now it's sure: I'm going to write small novel of Tai Cara's past and actions. AND! This treat is only exclusive for Reloaded! It will not come into my book - nor will I publish it anywhere else in the net. Only thing is normal copyright issues and I don't give rights to publish it anywhere else without it being uncommercial and it is linking to the original at Reloaded.

I actually have a lot of ideas circling inside my head and now I have to do a lot of work to get things straight and ensure that there isn't contradictions in texts. But perhaps, perhaps it will be soon... :) This time it will be significantly longer than the one I translated, and now I'm writing it in English in the first place. Hopefully you'll enjoy it!
...70 years... LOL

#89 greywolf

greywolf

The Wanderer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 07:22 PM

Woo, more insight into the mysterious Tai Cara's past and drama galore! :) It will also be nice to have the bonus people coming here to read it, then browsing the forums for a bit to talk to the author and run across Tai Cara herself! ;)

#90 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 02:54 PM

TALES OF TAI CARA - PART 1

Note: Names are pronounced like in ancient latin.

From the skies high above the village looked peaceful and idyllic. Fields on its north side were empty excluding passing group of hunters. Hunters were tall, solemn and even this close to homevillage they were alerted. Group was led by a fierce-looking, gigantic man holding his large battleaxe readied.
   Days of peace were over. Dor, their Might, a God, had sent a word to all of his followers and sent for every devout ador to war against lemenians next summer. Fear that lemenian patrols were moving this far north was perhaps vain, but leader of the hunters had decided to avoid risks.
   He was eldest son of second important family of their clan and thus very remarkable and powerful man. He was also among the best hunters and warriors, but no chief. He lacked the charisma and intelligent to run daily errands, and he had accepted it. He still had position, very strong one, and led almost two dozens men to battle in war and most importantly, he was responsible for very respected hunting trips.
   His name was Eador and he had a beautiful young wife named Alesha and they had lived together for several years already. After he had lead his group to village and greeted chief and several other men on the village, he went home, where Alesha was sitting by the campfire sewing up Eador's wintershirt.
   "Bring me some food, woman," Eador said passing by and sat down to take care of his weapons.
   Alesha stood up and served him in silence. It was apparent that they didn't like each other. Marriage was political and necessary to hold the diverged clan together. However it was questionable how succeeded marriage had been, as they didn't even talk each other, nor they had had offspring yet.
   "I'm leading a large group to north and west for the rest of the year in hopes to find and hunt down some wild bulls. We have only a little over year time to prepare for the war. When I'm gone, try to be useful and take care of my mail and weapons. I don't know when we get back, so you better take really good care of them, so I don't have to spend valuablehunting time."
   Alesha was about to say something cutting back, but settled for a emotionless nod.

After cold and loveless night - Eador had spent most of the night drinking - Alesha rose up and began to make breakfast. Early summernight had made way for bright sunny morning. Birds were singing in the trees and slowly waking village's voices comforted her. At least she'd be in her own peace for long after Eador left. She horrified when she realized she was actually hoping Eador would die on that trip. She quickly concentrated to breakfast and readied everything to Eador, taking only few bites herself.
   Outside the village were excellent places to find berries and herbs and she had days before decided to spend a whole day outside. Carrying only her axe, dagger and some food in addition to her bag she headed off thourgh the gate to the woods. Guards at the gates greeted her smiling and most likely they were looking long after her, but that didn't bother. Actually, it felt good, even though it was pure lust. At least someone wanted her.

Slowly setting sun alerted her of dangers of nigth-time woods and she headed quickly back to the village, before the clan would start worrying. Woods were full of predators and time after time even worse. Wolves and lynxes, or even snowlions were small compared to them. They weren't quite sure what they were, but they moved in huge packs, eating everything on their way, leaving only small footprints. Footprints and eyewitnesses proved they moved on two legs, but eyewitnesses were always in poor condition and they varied a lot.
   At the gates new set of guards greeted her less enthusiastic - they were brothers from rivalling family. She visited her parents before going home, but there she heard that Eador had left already with his men. All she had wanted was loving husband and good life. Now she didn't have either and her cup was poured over. She bursted into tears and stood over night at her parents.

Autumn came and life had continued ordinary. No word had yet heard from Eador and his men, but that was not uncommon. They might had traveled very far to find prey. For change weather was fine and sunny and Alesha went again gathering food and herbs from the forest. Her bag was soon full, year had been fertile, and she headed back home.
   All of the sudden she felt warmth and distances seemed to grow. She readied her axe and put down her bag looking around. In the distance lights dimmed, but closer they remained the same. Suddenly she felt shockingly strong presense and paniced. Swirling around she tried to find her foe. But there was no foe, only extremely strong presense, that slowly made her feel first comfortable, then aroused and disarmed her.
   She couldn't afterwards describe in any way how she had felt and there was nobody to tell. One thing that adors judged paranoidically, was adultery. When she got back to village, blush on her cheeks had only became deeper. Her mother saw her at the gates and hurried to her.
   "You look bad, are you getting ill?"
   "No, mom, I don't think so. I just hurried a little too fast back home."
   Then she realized clan's witch stared at her with very knowing look. She left her mother standing there and hurried home. What would happen next? Would the witch tell people about her? Most likely. Should she run away into the night? But how could she know anything? Witches may be powerful in many arcane ways, but could she really know what had happened in the woods?
   Her heart bouncing she leaned to her homedoor and tried to settle down. Then somebody was behind the door and inevitable knocks on the door echoed in her ears. She kept leaning to the door, not knowing what to do. Then familiar voice behind the door said:
   "Child, stop fooling and leaning to the door. I can sense your presense better than ever. Now, open this door!" Witch's voice was quite soft, but irresistable. She realized she was obeying, but couldn't help it, even if she wanted.
   "Now be a good wife and bring your guest something to drink."
   Nobody else but chief, her wife and local witch might push in like that, and even then it was considered rude. Alesha closed the door and slowly went to get some ale to the table. Witch stared deep in her eyes and she couldn't turn her eyes away.
   "Fine. Good ale. Now, do you want to tell me what happened out there?"
   Alesha was finally able to turn her eyes so she turned them down to the table. She started breathing again and remained silent.
   "What was it?"
   Alesha looked at her in the eyes, but found no judgement.
   "I... I really don't know. And I can't describe it too well..."
   "Something really powerful was out there, a Might perhaps, I felt it very well. But whatever it was, it kept me blinded. Do you feel any different? Can you describe me anything?"
   Alesha thought carefully. Witch definitely didn't know exactly what had happened in the woods. Now, in her own home, she began to doubt had anything really happened. And would it even be adultery, when she had had no chance? And to be accurate, she didn't remember any sort of physical presense, just presense. Then she horrified: what if she was pregnant? She wouldn't dare to abort it, if whatever the Might was wanted her to have him.
   Witch watched her carefully and after short silence she nodded and said:
   "Fine. Remember to come to me, if you find any need. Times are dire and future is veiled from us. Perhaps you are part of something greater plan."
   Witch left the room and all of the sudden Alesha felt air chilling, even though she felt a fire inside her.
In the end I want to remind my limited skills in English, thank Frodo for helping me phrasing few times and of course Tai for being my muse and initially encouraging me to really start writing.

Unfortunately I'm little busy (sauna + beer :shrug:) so you have to settle with this much for now. More coming soon (hopefully)!
...70 years... LOL