Article On Wikipedia For Reloaded

121 replies to this topic

#1 Braindead

Braindead

Daily Denizen

• Reloaded Crew
  • 114 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 05:49 AM

since abandonia has an article on wikipedia now, why not create one for reloaded as well, it could bring in a few extra visitors...   :P

anyway I've started it off so that all you have to do is hit the edit button and start typing: http://en.wikipedia....ndonia_Reloaded :bleh:

#2 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6304 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 05:53 AM

Well, and create an account, you mean, right? I doubt I'll be able to do that through my Mordor account...:bleh:

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#3 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2953 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 06:35 AM

Nope, you can edit without signing in - it just tracks your IP address (so they can still ban people who vandalise it, etc).
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.

#4 Braindead

Braindead

Daily Denizen

• Reloaded Crew
  • 114 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 06:43 AM

looks like some nitwit proposes to delete the article, so let's improve it so that it becomes a worthy article. :bleh:

#5 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 06:53 AM

Ah. So how much time do we have until the nitwit has it removed? Anyway, even if we do edit it, that won't change anything about our traffic rank, will it? Oh well...

#6 Braindead

Braindead

Daily Denizen

• Reloaded Crew
  • 114 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 06:56 AM

who cares about traffic rank, we have won awards and are amongst the top resources for freeware content.

#7 a1s

a1s

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1167 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 09:41 PM

View PostA. J. Raffles, on Aug 15 2006, 06:53 AM, said:

Ah. So how much time do we have until the nitwit has it removed?
5 days. give or take a few hours.

View PostBraindead, on Aug 15 2006, 06:56 AM, said:

who cares about traffic rank, we have won awards and are amongst the top resources for freeware content.
Well why hasn't it been said on the "talk page"?!
Those of you being liberal-art majors � don�t worry, advanced mathematics were largely omitted from this text in concern for your mental health.

QUOTE (Mighty Midget)
if BP has potied on Twilight Zone episode, I will strangle him

secret adept of the PICKALLONWEASEL order

#8 taikara

taikara

Tai-Fu Mastah

• Members
  • 2389 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 10:28 PM

I'm going to dig through the Wikipedia guidelines for creation and deletion a little more before diving into some kind of confrontation - I don't want to mess with some Wikinazi who apparently scours newly created articles for problems without being properly armed with a bit of knowledge.

I mean, it was under two hours later that it was nominated, so either someone is obsessive compulsive with way too much time on their hands, or it's someone who read this post, and I seriously doubt the latter. If it's the former, someone like that can be a real pain to deal with, especially if they take offense that their proposition has been contested.

Regardless, it's better to figure out why it's been nominated, because it's always possible that Mr. Hateless is correct in nominating the article for deletion (of course, that doesn't mean it will be deleted, either :bleh: ). Thus far, according to the guidelines he's cited, I'm not really sure AR does fit the "notability" criterion he cited as being an issue - however, the page itself states that the criterion is not an ultimate rule.
..<[[[Tofu Ninja of the Pickasldawessle Order]]]>..
QUOTE (Tai - in response to DD on how people who fear change are like cats)
you mean the "you moved my litterbox, so I'm going to pee in your clothes hamper" attitude?
Yes, I just quoted myself. ph34r my T4i-F00!!.
doodoodoo!!!

#9 a1s

a1s

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1167 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 10:45 PM

we have won awards*. that makes us elgible.

QUOTE (Mighty Midget)
if BP has potied on Twilight Zone episode, I will strangle him

secret adept of the PICKALLONWEASEL order

#10 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • 2784 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 12:51 AM

View Posta1s, on Aug 15 2006, 10:45 PM, said:

we have won awards*. that makes us elgible.

http://www.reloaded.org/awards.php :bleh:

Yo!

#11 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 06:06 AM

Well, technically the site didn't win anything, did it? Tom and Kosta did, but we can hardly claim them just for AR.:bleh:
But then again, it was an award thingy that was mainly intended for abandonware sites, not freeware. As far as "pure" freeware sites are concerned, however, AR probably is one of the most important - even if freeware doesn't tend to draw quite as much attention overall as abandonware does. If there were similar sort of awards for freeware sites, though, I bet we'd stand a decent chance.

#12 Braindead

Braindead

Daily Denizen

• Reloaded Crew
  • 114 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 10:48 AM

Wikipedia tells you to be bold in your editing so I have removed the deletion note, and directed him to the talk page, so we'll hear. :bleh:

In the mean time I suggest to improve the article content, it will not be lost work, if there is decided to delete it after all, we can move the content to the main Abandonia Article.

I also made the screenshot a tid larger so that it looks better :P

#13 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 11:24 AM

Hmm, I don't mean to be picky, but does it have to be a screenshot featuring the banner with that awful slogan?:bleh:

#14 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • 2784 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 11:24 AM

View PostA. J. Raffles, on Aug 16 2006, 06:06 AM, said:

Well, technically the site didn't win anything, did it? Tom and Kosta did, but we can hardly claim them just for AR.:P

Actually, you can claim mine for AR ;)
At the award ceremony, I asked specifically to be mention with AR as my site. Each nominee could only have one site affiliated with them, and mine was AR. So... AR won :P

Edit...
Ugh... Tux? :bleh:

Seriously, that's like one of the most boring banners. :P
We should showcase the best banner on Wikipedia. I think Trilby's Notes, Enclosure, GunZ, Lost in the Nightmare, Noctis or Stranger by Night are the best ones, personally.

Edit 2:
Fixed some minor things in the article - mainly adding the birthdate, and including all four founders. And also fixing the bit that said that all our crew members came from AB.

Yo!

#15 Braindead

Braindead

Daily Denizen

• Reloaded Crew
  • 114 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 11:51 AM

feel free to change tom, everybody can change content remember :bleh:

Reply to this topic