80 replies to this topic

#31 Sean

Sean

Just call me Mr. Magic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 08:39 PM

Does FE then the rest count as a swear word?

Here it's used as a less harsh and more acceptable alternative to the FU type :blink:
Me>You

#32 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6304 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 09:37 PM

Sean, on Dec 9 2005, 08:39 PM, said:

Does FE then the rest count as a swear word?

Here it's used as a less harsh and more acceptable alternative to the FU type :blink:
It might be the Irish version that's suitable for priests, but it's still a swear-word, Father Jack Hackett...:D

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#33 Sean

Sean

Just call me Mr. Magic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 10:21 PM

Me being Irish by blood I've picked up a few of the slang terms from my Nan. :blink:
Me>You

#34 MdaG

MdaG

AR-coholic

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 11:11 PM

#35 Sean

Sean

Just call me Mr. Magic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 11:16 PM

MdaG, on Dec 9 2005, 11:11 PM, said:

Tom Henrik, on Dec 9 2005, 10:37 PM, said:

Just had to clean up a lot of posts here. Do you guys even read rules? :D
I've read the guide lines and "offensive material" is a subjective thing. I would understand if you'd found a "tubgirl" link to be offensive, but that chat is just pathetic. It is more about your "goodie too choo" perrsonality than anything else. I mean really, keep this up and you'll make Reloaded the kindergarden Abandonia has turned into. I'm probably going to get more warnings now since I DARE speak up to the almighty Tom Henrik who rule the forum with an iron fist...  :blink: You're like a living breathing Ned Flanders... jeez! :P
:D

I miss something here?

Tom isn't a harsh admin and I feel that he doesn't deserve such comments to be directed at him. Of all of the admins he is one of the easiest to approach and a very friendly guy. Enforcing the rules is his task here as admin.
Me>You

#36 Tulac

Tulac

The Great Red Lemur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1546 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 11:29 PM

Somebody called for neddie?
And seriously, except puting some warning, the link shouldn't have been removed, I remember seeing on other forums, and it never got deleted...

DakaSha:if you go into a kindergarden and give all the kids rubber schlongs they will prob just hit each other over the head with them
DakaSha:and you have a class of little kids hitting eachother with rubber dongs which must be quite funny (also Picklweasel knight I am)

#37 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2784 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 11:31 PM

Tom Henrik, on Dec 9 2005, 10:37 PM, said:

Just had to clean up a lot of posts here. Do you guys even read rules? :D
I've read the guide lines and "offensive material" is a subjective thing. I would understand if you'd found a "tubgirl" link to be offensive, but that chat is just pathetic. It is more about your "goodie too choo" perrsonality than anything else. I mean really, keep this up and you'll make Reloaded the kindergarden Abandonia has turned into. I'm probably going to get more warnings now since I DARE speak up to the almighty Tom Henrik who rule the forum with an iron fist...  :blink: You're like a living breathing Ned Flanders... jeez! :D
I am aware that offensive material is a subjective thing, but somehow.... anal sex, cursing, and so on and so on.... I think I can safely label that as being offensive to some, if not most, people.

And this is getting offtopic - and so was your Blood-ninja post to begin with.
I am sorry, but we stick to the rules here.

Yo!

#38 taikara

taikara

Tai-Fu Mastah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2389 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 03:54 AM

I've read the guide lines and "offensive material" is a subjective thing. I would understand if you'd found a "tubgirl" link to be offensive, but that chat is just pathetic. It is more about your "goodie too choo" perrsonality than anything else. I mean really, keep this up and you'll make Reloaded the kindergarden Abandonia has turned into. I'm probably going to get more warnings now since I DARE speak up to the almighty Tom Henrik who rule the forum with an iron fist...  :blink: You're like a living breathing Ned Flanders... jeez! :D
Okay, putting aside Ned Flanders, I think that simply because it's a subjective matter, it's better to be safe than sorry. We try to do the same thing with game ratings on AR to protect our site's interests, for example.

And to try and be logical about this - if we wouldn't allow an avatar of a sex act, or allow people to post descriptions of those sex acts, why should we allow links to pictures or written content of the same thing?

At the very least, put up a BOLD, CRYSTAL-CLEAR disclaimer prior to posting such "humorous" links to give possibly sensitive viewers some warning.

It may not keep you from getting a warn for posting it, and it may not keep an admin from removing it, but it's at least courteous to those who subjectiveness makes them unappreciative of such things, and it shows that your intent is not to offend, but to express your personal humor (which isn't always clear to people who don't understand your humor). And please keep in mind that although you may be adult, not all members of AR are.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled program of Ninja-y goodness.
..<[[[Tofu Ninja of the Pickasldawessle Order]]]>..
QUOTE (Tai - in response to DD on how people who fear change are like cats)
you mean the "you moved my litterbox, so I'm going to pee in your clothes hamper" attitude?
Yes, I just quoted myself. ph34r my T4i-F00!!.
doodoodoo!!!

#39 MdaG

MdaG

AR-coholic

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 08:56 AM

taikara, on Dec 10 2005, 05:54 AM, said:

I've read the guide lines and "offensive material" is a subjective thing. I would understand if you'd found a "tubgirl" link to be offensive, but that chat is just pathetic. It is more about your "goodie too choo" perrsonality than anything else. I mean really, keep this up and you'll make Reloaded the kindergarden Abandonia has turned into. I'm probably going to get more warnings now since I DARE speak up to the almighty Tom Henrik who rule the forum with an iron fist...  :blink: You're like a living breathing Ned Flanders... jeez! :D
Okay, putting aside Ned Flanders, I think that simply because it's a subjective matter, it's better to be safe than sorry. We try to do the same thing with game ratings on AR to protect our site's interests, for example.

And to try and be logical about this - if we wouldn't allow an avatar of a sex act, or allow people to post descriptions of those sex acts, why should we allow links to pictures or written content of the same thing?

At the very least, put up a BOLD, CRYSTAL-CLEAR disclaimer prior to posting such "humorous" links to give possibly sensitive viewers some warning.

It may not keep you from getting a warn for posting it, and it may not keep an admin from removing it, but it's at least courteous to those who subjectiveness makes them unappreciative of such things, and it shows that your intent is not to offend, but to express your personal humor (which isn't always clear to people who don't understand your humor). And please keep in mind that although you may be adult, not all members of AR are.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled program of Ninja-y goodness.
Ok, I see. If that's the kind of community you aiming for, I'll try and refrain from putting my print on it in a similar way again.  :D
I think I must've misunderstood the whole point of this community. You're not trying to attract developers here (most of the are probably adults), it's the people who play the games that you want here, right? If not, then watch it so that you don't accidently make this site too boring to join.

There, now I'm going to stop being off topic unlike my blood ninja post was.

#40 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6304 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 01:05 PM

MdaG, on Dec 10 2005, 08:56 AM, said:

I think I must've misunderstood the whole point of this community. You're not trying to attract developers here (most of the are probably adults), it's the people who play the games that you want here, right? If not, then watch it so that you don't accidently make this site too boring to join.

There, now I'm going to stop being off topic unlike my blood ninja post was.
That's not the point, though. We do want to attract developers, but that doesn't mean  we can ignore the fact that quite a few forum members aren't developers but merely teenagers who play the games. Incidentally, I don't quite see why slightly more adult links in the off-topic forum would necessarily be useful for attracting developers anyway.
(Just for the record, I never actually clicked on that link, because it was already labelled as questionable when I saw it. I may be an adult, but I'm also a bit squeamish, so if something's labelled as questionable, it's probably not for me.:blink: )

We shouldn't make too much of this business, really. The link was removed (as will be your warn, I'm sure), and that's it as far as I am concerned. No need to make a fuss about it.

Talking about ninjas: does anybody happen to know when the Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles became Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and why? Are they even the same Teenage Mutant Turtles?

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#41 Tulac

Tulac

The Great Red Lemur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1546 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 01:15 PM

They used to be teenage mutant hero turtles??? :blink:

DakaSha:if you go into a kindergarden and give all the kids rubber schlongs they will prob just hit each other over the head with them
DakaSha:and you have a class of little kids hitting eachother with rubber dongs which must be quite funny (also Picklweasel knight I am)

#42 Sean

Sean

Just call me Mr. Magic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 01:31 PM

I thought they had always been the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Shows how much I know. I have one of the 'film adaptions' on video somewhere. I remember an orinetal/asian setting. Something about a torch perhaps? I forget.

Do turtles even qualify as real ninjas though?

Better yet..

Are ninjas even real?
Me>You

#43 Havell

Havell

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 02:56 PM

Or course ninjas are real, they're an integral part of the history of feudal Japanese, as real as samurai or buddist monks.
IPB Image

#44 Tulac

Tulac

The Great Red Lemur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1546 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 03:06 PM

Ninja's also have their marshall art - ninjitsu...

#45 Sean

Sean

Just call me Mr. Magic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 06:09 PM

R Havell, on Dec 10 2005, 02:56 PM, said:

Or course ninjas are real, they're an integral part of the history of feudal Japanese, as real as samurai or buddist monks.
How do you know they are 'an integral part of the history of feudal Japan' ?

Learn it in a book?

Could all be propaganda to disguise the space travelling time cops the Japanese used in historic battles.  :blink:
Me>You