5 replies to this topic

#1 Negativeions

Negativeions

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 07:40 AM

Remember Bullfrog Productions' magnum opus, cyborg apocolyptic, kick *** game Syndicate? Remember the great sequel (although slightly flawed) Syndicate wars!? Well how about this people.

How about a remake of SYNDICATE WARS!?

Since the game fell short on a few levels, why not bring it back to it's originally intended glory! Peter Molyneaux's 3D vision of a horrific, apocolyptic future run by global corporations was simply too ambitious for it's time. The game was 3D at a time when 3D hardware sucked. All I really would have liked to see from that game was some, ANYTHING but just put some kind of 3DFX so the textures don't look like crud! And there was no excuse for those crappy looking character sprites, ANYTHING would have looked better than that! There were a couple of glitches and gameplay issues as well like unlimited ammo for example. I don't see how buying ammo or finding it from dead enemies would have been a problem. It would have added realism and another strategic element to the game. The game was also way too damn hard. Everything else seemed to be ok. The atmosphere was beautiful. The bland colours and sterile envoronments gave the game a perfect cyborg apocolyptic feel! ...and the music. Don't even get me started! Move along! :)

I want to see a remake of one of the most potentially kick *** games of the decade!

LET'S BRING BACK THE SYNDICATE BABY! *Syndicate wars intro music*

I don't think anyone can know how much I want to play another Syndicate game... ever since I found my old Syndicate Wars CD at the bottom of my shoebox under my bed I can't stop thinking about Syndicate. I think about it all the damn time... about how it would look like with today's graphics technology.. about different gameplay elements that can be added to make the game kick more ***,... possible storylines... I draw storyboards... I come up with music that would kick *** for Syndicate... my insides churn at the thought that there will probably never be another syndicate game ever again.......... for the love of *meep*... there will be another syndicate.... Over my dead body there won't be! *meep* you EA! I'll personally come down to your offices and kill each and every ***ing last one of you pansie asses.

Edited by Beef: Please refrain from pointless double posting, and watch the swearing.

Edited by BeefontheBone, 01 June 2005 - 08:12 AM.

#2 MdaG

MdaG

AR-coholic

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 08:05 AM

Making a remake of Syndicate is a very big project. You would need artists, coders, musicians and writers for that. I don't doubt that there are some in the Reloaded community. Question is, do they have the time to spend on working on such a remake?

Other than that I'd also want to see a remake of Syndicate Wars  :)

#3 LordHart

LordHart

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 04 June 2005 - 03:08 PM

Negativeions, on Jun 1 2005, 07:40 AM, said:

Remember Bullfrog Productions' magnum opus, cyborg apocolyptic, kick *** game Syndicate? Remember the great sequel (although slightly flawed) Syndicate wars!? Well how about this people.

How about a remake of SYNDICATE WARS!?

Since the game fell short on a few levels, why not bring it back to it's originally intended glory! Peter Molyneaux's 3D vision of a horrific, apocolyptic future run by global corporations was simply too ambitious for it's time. The game was 3D at a time when 3D hardware sucked. All I really would have liked to see from that game was some, ANYTHING but just put some kind of 3DFX so the textures don't look like crud! And there was no excuse for those crappy looking character sprites, ANYTHING would have looked better than that! There were a couple of glitches and gameplay issues as well like unlimited ammo for example. I don't see how buying ammo or finding it from dead enemies would have been a problem. It would have added realism and another strategic element to the game. The game was also way too damn hard. Everything else seemed to be ok. The atmosphere was beautiful. The bland colours and sterile envoronments gave the game a perfect cyborg apocolyptic feel! ...and the music. Don't even get me started! Move along! :)

I want to see a remake of one of the most potentially kick *** games of the decade!

LET'S BRING BACK THE SYNDICATE BABY! *Syndicate wars intro music*

I don't think anyone can know how much I want to play another Syndicate game... ever since I found my old Syndicate Wars CD at the bottom of my shoebox under my bed I can't stop thinking about Syndicate. I think about it all the damn time... about how it would look like with today's graphics technology.. about different gameplay elements that can be added to make the game kick more ***,... possible storylines... I draw storyboards... I come up with music that would kick *** for Syndicate... my insides churn at the thought that there will probably never be another syndicate game ever again.......... for the love of *meep*... there will be another syndicate.... Over my dead body there won't be! *meep* you EA! I'll personally come down to your offices and kill each and every ***ing last one of you pansie asses.

Edited by Beef: Please refrain from pointless double posting, and watch the swearing.
If you want to see a remake... make it yourself. Other people have no time to deal with demands from obviously insane people (you'll kill EA because they won't make another game? good one...) or are too busy working on a game or games of their own to do something that isn't guarenteed to get a whole lot of interest.

You come up with storylines? Write them down and develop them. You come up with music? Open up a music program and put it down. Don't just come onto a forum and say "I WANT A REMAKE!"... GO. DO. IT. YOURSELF.

#4 MasterGrazzt

MasterGrazzt

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 04 June 2005 - 06:38 PM

Game companies are businesses. They don't have time to fufill your personal demands, no matter how much you would jerk off if they happened.
user posted image

#5 Benni

Benni

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 11:16 PM

I have actually seen a remake of the original Syndicate in progress somewhere.  I think they are calling it Free Syndicate.  You might try Googling it up.  It only had two people working on it, so I am sure they would take you if you offered to help!

BEnni

#6 Kluf

Kluf

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 July 2005 - 01:49 PM

Negativeions: You mean something like this? :)

Oh, by the way, whoever has a copy of another HT Software game except Syndicate 2049 (like those ones) then I would be very happy if this one could send it to me or upload it somewhere. I searched them for long enough already, but you can`t find them on the internet anymore, the old website is not even accesible over the wayback machine!  ;)

Reply to this topic