4146 replies to this topic

#16 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2953 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 08:32 PM

I'm a six-foot tall manly, bearded lumberjack from the Rockies who spends his time killing wolves with his bare hands and, if Monty Python is to be believed, wearing suspenders and a bra.

Oh wait, pretty much the opposite - an effeminate Englishman with a tendency to wear nail polish and correct people's spelling in an irritating manner. I always get those two mixed up.
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.

#17 PrejudiceSucks

PrejudiceSucks

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1865 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 09:01 PM

Yes! Time for ultra-tedium from me!

I was born on the 28th December 1989, a whole 7 weeks premature. I weighed 5 pounds, which is high considering that. Oh and if anyone cares, I was born in Exeter, but registered in York, simply because my dad wanted me to play for Yorkshire at criket.

My actual, real name is Jo(s)e(ph) (Patrick) Brereton.

I write reviews for games and music-based things when I can be arsed, which is more rare than a bloody steak, (hehey) but I'm currently doing my GCSEs, which gets in the way.

If ever you wonder why I'm really, really grumpy sometimes and quite pleasant at other times, it's because I suffer from manic (bipolar) depression. I'm either happy or sad, great or bad, kind or mad or indeed nice or a cad. And I'll have none of your Prozac rubbish, because it's only an artificial happiness.

But enough of my mental disorders.

I'm also in a small group of people who are planning to make a game (it'll be basic), and before you say "it'll never get done", one of main people who's a part of this team is two years into a Computer Games Design degree at Glasgow, and his best friend, another guy who does CAD for a living, is hopefully going to do the texturing and such.

The kind of computer games I'm into are fairly light strategy games (Darwinia, Command and Conquer, Evil Genius etc.), although I'm also into games more focused on action (I was once 193rd in the world at Unreal Tournament!), such as Operation Flashpoint.

Musically, I'll listen to just about anything as long as it's good. From Prodigy to Placebo, from System of a Down to The Specials and much more in between.

I also sing a bit (I was a vocalist in a band until we split) and play the keyboard (albeit rubbishly).

Politically I'm a left-leaning liberal, if anyone really cares. To those who do - hello! I'm in favour of social reforms and spending less on Defence and more on benefits for the poor! Hurrah! And I'd make cannabis legal!

And I play none of your sports rubbish, other than the racquet sports.

#18 Stebbi

Stebbi

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 09:26 PM

Tarael, on Apr 26 2006, 07:24 PM, said:

Stebbi, on Apr 26 2006, 07:08 PM, said:

Tarael, on Apr 26 2006, 06:35 PM, said:

(In iceland pistols aren't allowed so I use my father hunting rifle and go to the country site and shoot some cans, not to a shooting range like in USA).
Well, you just need a special permission from the Lögreglustjóra, but it is very rare to get an permission, but my father got one and he has two pistol. A ruger and a magnum ruger.
Yea, but is that for operating pistols or show-guns that have been modified so they don't work?
he is allowed to hunt with those.

#19 Tarael

Tarael

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 09:40 PM

O, okey.

#20 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6304 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 09:51 PM

Hmm, I'm sure I've said most of this already, but here we go again:
I was born in 1981. If you search the OED for the words which are first cited in that year, you'll end up with (among others) 'geeky', 'mud-wrestle', 'narcokleptocracy', 'Pac-Man', 'wannabee', 'wimp' (as a verb, that is) and 'wussy'. I dare you to draw any conclusions from that.:(

I've worked at a bookshop for several years (it was supposed to be a few hours a week after school, but it pretty much turned into a part time job as I got increasingly bored with school). Now I'm doing a degree in English Lit. at Oxford and hugely enjoying myself reading books which would probably bore most of you to tears - but hey, tastes differ.:ok:

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#21 Puffin

Puffin

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 09:52 PM

I'm Freyja. Born in Reykjavík, Iceland. December 11th 1987, 10 minutes late. So yeah, I was born 10 minutes past midnight. My family lived in a small fishing town called Patreksfjörður (aka Patró), untill I was 3. Then we moved to Reykjavík. I've spent most summers and easter breaks in Patró, but every Christmas since I moved south I've spent here, except last christmas when I went to Italy to meet TheVoid.

I'm a student, I go to Hamrahlíð College. Im finishing my third year, the day after tomorrow. I'm on language department, but I'm focusing on English. Next year I'll move to either Denmark or Italy, in order to go to a proper University.

I have a job, too. I work for the Child Protecting Services (whatever it's called.. Barnaverndarnefnd). They pay me a lot lot lot for doing fun stuff, like going to the movies, skating, eating at restaurants, etc.

Some people might think I'm very self assure, and secure. But I'm not, really. I'm just a little girl who wants to be hugged... *wipes off a tear*

So.. right.
user posted image
©Kiddiarni

#22 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 09:55 PM

Puffin, on Apr 26 2006, 09:52 PM, said:

I have a job, too. I work for the Child Protecting Services (whatever it's called.. Barnaverndarnefnd). They pay me a lot lot lot for doing fun stuff, like going to the movies, skating, eating at restaurants, etc.
And protecting people, surely?:ok:

#23 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 10:04 PM

A. J. Raffles, on Apr 26 2006, 09:55 PM, said:

I'm a 34 year old policeman masquerading as a 15 year old on these boards to find unsuspecting pedophiles and putting them to a stop before they can cause any harm.

I'm here along with my undercover agent Dakasha, and we use our plan of spamming to shoutbox to divine any repressed sexual behavoirs from the forum members. Remember, we are watching you.

Knight of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!21
Best Topics Ever: Aywanez Splenda Women PICKLEWESSEL Signs OMG

#24 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 10:08 PM

To quote a certain eminent forum member: lawl. :ok:

#25 Stebbi

Stebbi

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 10:12 PM

hey there are many of ous who say lawl!

#26 Puffin

Puffin

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 10:13 PM

A. J. Raffles, on Apr 26 2006, 09:55 PM, said:

Nope, breaking social barriers of my cousin. So yeah, I kinda have to take him with me doing the fun stuff :(
user posted image
©Kiddiarni

#27 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 10:18 PM

Stebbi, on Apr 26 2006, 10:12 PM, said:

I say it the most :ok:

PUFFIN! First your avatar dissapeared from Abandonia, and now I can't see your signature! Broken image link, what's up with that?

#28 Puffin

Puffin

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 10:22 PM

Blood-pigggy, I removed the avatar on AB myself. But I see my sig here perfectly  :ok:
user posted image
©Kiddiarni

#29 Stebbi

Stebbi

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 10:26 PM

Blood-Pigggy, on Apr 26 2006, 10:18 PM, said:

Stebbi, on Apr 26 2006, 10:12 PM, said:

I say it the most :ok:

PUFFIN! First your avatar dissapeared from Abandonia, and now I can't see your signature! Broken image link, what's up with that?
nu-uh not an AB

#30 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 10:30 PM

Yeah definitely on AB. Cause I'm awesome.
I think I was the first to say it too, after I figured out that you can't say l.o.l without the smiley popping up.

Stebbi, your thing is redundant phrasing, which is just as annoying as my lawls, so we're even.  :ok: