Vertrix 2

12 replies to this topic

#1 Frodo

Frodo

Your neck looks very... tasty!

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 07:25 PM

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review & Download
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#2 Eagle of Fire

Eagle of Fire

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 03:02 AM

I wanted to try the game out, but when I clicked on the download button I was sent to a website which only consist of a big block of Java or Flash, or whatever. Since my blockers block such things and that the whole page consist of only this, I can see or get access to nuts.

Since this translate in my own language into "if the web page designer can't be arsed enough to actually use proper HTML code to make the page, the content must not be good enough to actually bother seeing it".

Thus, I simply didn't bother...
"I am on a hot streak... Literally"

#3 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 03:55 AM

When you first click on the download link, you see a pink face which rolls around.  After a few seconds, that disappears, and you can click on Vertrix from column on the left.   :P
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#4 ScytheKnight

ScytheKnight

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 04:20 AM

An interesting game ruined by the near-cheating (if not outright cheating) AI.

On an average game on easy the AI will get 3-5 specials for every one you manage (assuming they don't FUBAR your board in the 1st 30 seconds).

:P

#5 Potatoe

Potatoe

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1487 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 10:46 AM

View PostScytheKnight, on May 27 2007, 07:20 AM, said:

An interesting game ruined by the near-cheating (if not outright cheating) AI.

On an average game on easy the AI will get 3-5 specials for every one you manage (assuming they don't FUBAR your board in the 1st 30 seconds).

:P
Yeah. I tought I was bad when I noticed this. Screw brains! Let's test your reflexes.

#6 Eagle of Fire

Eagle of Fire

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 01:46 PM

When you first click on the download link, you see a pink face which rolls around. After a few seconds, that disappears, and you can click on Vertrix from column on the left.

I don't think you get the point Frodo... All I see from my end is a really big square with a big S in a bar circle, indicating me that NoScript blocked the thing. I have no intention to unblock it.

#7 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6304 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 02:17 PM

View PostEagle of Fire, on May 27 2007, 02:46 PM, said:

When you first click on the download link, you see a pink face which rolls around. After a few seconds, that disappears, and you can click on Vertrix from column on the left.

I don't think you get the point Frodo... All I see from my end is a really big square with a big S in a bar circle, indicating me that NoScript blocked the thing. I have no intention to unblock it.
Fair enough, don't download it, then. But why bother posting just in order to whine about it?:P

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#8 Eagle of Fire

Eagle of Fire

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 12:49 AM

Why not? I really wanted to try the game out, but I just can't download it. It's a good indication that I would probably have been disapointed with the game anyways.

#9 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 08:22 AM

View PostEagle of Fire, on May 28 2007, 01:49 AM, said:

Why not? I really wanted to try the game out, but I just can't download it. It's a good indication that I would probably have been disapointed with the game anyways.
I'm sorry, but that's just nonsense. The only reason why you can't download it is because you choose not to unblock that site temporarily, even though you could - which is an indication of your own stubbornness, not of how disappointing the game would have been.
Anyway, since you're a mod, you should be able to get it via VIP download if you really do want to try it. If you can't see the button, try logging out and logging in again.

#10 Eagle of Fire

Eagle of Fire

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 08:35 AM

Sorry Raffles, but I have no idea what you are talking about.

If I have whatever secret access to anything on this site because I'm a mod, you just informed me of it...

As for the rest, yes it's a personnal choice. By the same train of thought which make me shrug when I see a badly done site with only one Java or Flash option with no other convensional means to do anything else, I also shrug when I see the multitude of growing threads with only a few words following a link to youtube video or similar... Because they're dull and uninteresting. If the thread starter can't be arsed enough to at least describe a little what the whole thing is about then there is a very high chance that it won't interest me at all anyways.

From what I've read thus far in this thread anyways, it looks like I'd be right on that. About the game, I mean.

#11 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 12:49 PM

View PostA. J. Raffles, on May 28 2007, 09:22 AM, said:

Anyway, since you're a mod, you should be able to get it via VIP download if you really do want to try it. If you can't see the button, try logging out and logging in again.
VIP downloads don't work - haven't worked for a looooooooooonnnnnnnnggggg time.   :P

#12 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 02:02 PM

*cough* Sorry, didn't realise that, since I haven't been around for a looooooooooonnnnnnnnggggg time either.:P

#13 Potatoe

Potatoe

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1487 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 05:52 PM

Java and Flash>HTML. And the site is well designed. Better thant Tp-links site(PHP and HTML). www.tp-link.com

Reply to this topic