98 replies to this topic

#31 Frodo

Frodo

Your neck looks very... tasty!

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 10:08 PM

Wow!

Tai, you have a really good voice, and it works really well with the guitar.
I like your style of vocals - you sound very natural and not at all 'forced'   LOL

I also liked the melodic guitar at the end.   :blink:

Hope to hear more music from you.
;)
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#32 DannyMc252

DannyMc252

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 10:39 PM

Oh I do hate laggy servers.. waiting for the download to start.. what a pain..

Argh! Failed download!
I might have to revert to..
Internet explorer...
*shudders*

Oh, well, its working now.. Stupid download manager. Why'd I still have it anyway?

Anywho, ontopic:
I think it would be even better with proffessional sound recording equipment. The stuff you used made it sound a bit out of tune. Also it was a bit quiet..
Still, with some time, that could be great(er)!
user posted image
Meep?

#33 Dvoe

Dvoe

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 12:11 AM

Just spent a few minutes here creating a new mix for the song. Did some editing and fixed the volume issues. Watch for it soon :blink:

#34 taikara

taikara

Tai-Fu Mastah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2389 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 03:29 AM

Thanks everybody!!  :blink:

Dvoe sent along his tweaked version ;)

We need some help deciding something regarding the last vocal bit (simplicity repetition). There's a new effect on it that we're not sure of, and opinions are split down the middle.

However, the volume issues have been fixed without losing the vocals in the guitars, so kudos to Dvoe for being a mixing whiz  LOL

Simplicity (Tweaked)

If there's another version, it will be quite rearranged, as a sort of test run to see if the proprosed ideas work out :(
..<[[[Tofu Ninja of the Pickasldawessle Order]]]>..
QUOTE (Tai - in response to DD on how people who fear change are like cats)
you mean the "you moved my litterbox, so I'm going to pee in your clothes hamper" attitude?
Yes, I just quoted myself. ph34r my T4i-F00!!.
doodoodoo!!!

#35 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 12:48 PM

I'ts better now and as I now have listened it only twice (once v3 and once v4) I have grown to actually like it, minus intro and outro. Sorry, just doesn't work with the rest. Now v4 sounds much more balanced between vocals and guitar. Still lacking those obvious: bass and drums. Or possibly not so much drums, but bass alone would make wonders. I can even imagine it...

Edit: Second time v4 listened and I have to say you two work together well. I like Tai's voice, fits perfectly to this and guitar supports nicely. Gotta listen one more time... :blink:

Edit2: Actually I think Dvoe tries a little bit too hard on his solo in the end and it doesn't fit too well. Not saying it's bad or amateurish, just a bit wrong style to this.
...70 years... LOL

#36 DannyMc252

DannyMc252

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 04:47 PM

Firstly: Much better volume! now I can hear it properly...

Maybe one thing this could improve on is something other than the guitar all the way through. It seems a bit bland otherwise. But thats just me.
user posted image
Meep?

#37 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 06:11 PM

Personally I think the intro and outro fit the song nicely making it a good buildup to the vocals, and yeah lack of drums and bass if we had access to some it "Would" work wonders. :blink:

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#38 Dvoe

Dvoe

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 06:12 PM

Juni Ori, on Nov 30 2005, 12:48 PM, said:

Edit2: Actually I think Dvoe tries a little bit too hard on his solo in the end and it doesn't fit too well. Not saying it's bad or amateurish, just a bit wrong style to this.
I don't 'try to hard', thats just how I play, sorry :blink:

LOL

#39 DakaSha

DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • 2013 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 06:13 PM

for some reason the link wont work for me  :blink:

Posted Image
For all you artists here... and we have enough. Please draw me something :D Click Here. If possible include your nick. A simple Test. dunno of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!2

#40 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 07:06 PM

Sounds very nice, but the guitar and the voice are never exactly on time, they're always a tiny bit off. Which comes from your not actually being able to hear each other, I suppose. It's very slight, but I think it might sound even better if the guitar could adapt to the singing a bit more...:blink:

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#41 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 10:29 PM

I think the reason the guitar and vocals are not in tune is because Dvoe is using half riffs ( a common guitar technique) :blink: so that's why it sounds out of tune. LOL

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#42 Dvoe

Dvoe

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 11:08 PM

:blink:
Whoa whoa out of time, out of tune. What song are you guys listening to?

#43 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 11:25 PM

Dvoe, on Nov 30 2005, 11:08 PM, said:

:blink:
Whoa whoa out of time, out of tune. What song are you guys listening to?
Sorry, maybe I should have put it differently so as not to sound quite so negative.LOL What I meant was that your guitar bits are more or less regular, but the singing occasionally speeds up or slows down a little. As I said, it's very slight, but that's what to me creates the impression of a soloist playing the guitar while another soloist is singing, but they're not really responding much to the other's playing/singing - which is admittedly difficult when you're not actually playing together.

I don't know what DD meant by "out of tune", though.;)

Edit: And what exactly is a half riff??

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#44 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 04:52 AM

Did I say out of tune, ack meant out of tune referring to AJ's post, my bad I'll let dvoe explain the half time riffs (knew I forgot a word) he was explaining it to me earlier. :blink:

#45 Dvoe

Dvoe

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 05:45 AM

Half time riffs 2/4; 1/4 = 2 notes for a beat followed by a single note on the successive beat.
Not quite sure what a 'half riff' is. :blink:

And AJ, I see what you mean now, thanks for the constuctive criticism. LOL