98 replies to this topic

#16 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2784 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 12:40 AM

I really like this track, although I think Dvoe goes a bit over the top at the end there. But what else can be expected from someone who is truly gifted guitar-wise? LOL

:blink:

Yo!

#17 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 01:10 AM

It's his signature style you can make out in parts of the song LOL, this one was good different style than his usual but still wicked nevertheless. truly is excellent all around. :blink:

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#18 Flop

Flop

Aspiring Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 01:19 AM

I think it's pretty good. I'm looking forward to hearing more. :blink:
Furthermore, it is my opinion that Carthage must be destroyed.

#19 Doubler

Doubler

A regular Llama

• Admin
  • 2740 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 12:15 PM

It's very good ;)

@Tai:  :blink:

@Dvoe: LOL

Wonderfull sig and avvie by Taikara :D

#20 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 12:39 PM

Hmm... something odd in rhytm in couple of times, but otherwise quite good. I'd say this got lots of potential. Now try to get basist and drummer, they would make wonders! :blink:
...70 years... LOL

#21 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 01:43 PM

Juni Ori, on Nov 28 2005, 12:39 PM, said:

Hmm... something odd in rhytm in couple of times, but otherwise quite good. I'd say this got lots of potential. Now try to get basist and drummer, they would make wonders! :blink:
Well, Daka could probably take care of the drumming [subtle hint]if only he could be induced to read this thread instead of checking his own threads twelve times a day.[/subtle hint].LOL

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#22 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 02:07 PM

Juni Ori Posted on Nov 28 2005, on 05:39 AM, said:

Hmm... something odd in rhytm in couple of times, but otherwise quite good. I'd say this got lots of potential. Now try to get basist and drummer, they would make wonders!
Heh that's exactly what our band needs a drummer or at least someone who can do some good percussion, and I'm sure we could always use Tai as a guest vocalist hehe. :blink:

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#23 DakaSha

DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • 2013 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 03:33 PM

ok i listened to it and ill try to work something out. ive never tried to combine beatbox with vocals and a guitar riff but hey... its a fun challenge LOL

did you have anything specific in mind?

edit:
i cant promise a THING though.... it might just not work out... if it dont work ill just have to give up and let you know  :blink:

beatbox IS a little more hip-hop related ;)

Posted Image
For all you artists here... and we have enough. Please draw me something :D Click Here. If possible include your nick. A simple Test. dunno of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!2

#24 Kon-Tiki

Kon-Tiki

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 05:14 PM

Great! Can't wait to hear the result :blink:

#25 Dvoe

Dvoe

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 06:49 PM

Wow, just listened to the vocal/guitar final mix for the first time. Turned out quite well I must say, but the song could use some editing in a few places. I'll try to trim and tweak the track a bit here and there.

Looking forward to hearing your work Daka and I look forward to your next "guitar mockup" Tai. Good day :blink:

#26 taikara

taikara

Tai-Fu Mastah

• Members
  • 2389 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 02:22 AM

hehe... thanks everyone :blink:

I think I would tweak and rearrange a few things myself, but I'm so damn happy to have actual real backup for one of my songs, that I probably haven't been as picky as I normally might be LOL

But here goes: I think the guitar is stretched out a bit too long after the verses, and chorus, it makes it go out of the time I intended, and a bit too short after the vocal bridge, because I don't have time to get from the word "completely" to the chorus again.

And I think maybe that awesome guitar bridge would be better placed before or after the vocal bridge, so the song would end on the last "simplicity" series, and would break up the repetitious feel that the song has right now.

But the more I listen to it, the more awesome I feel that guitar bridge is.

And of course, the vocals could use a retake in some places, I baubled the bridge a bit, and the volume is sort of out of whack. Also, I would probably add some vocal layovers, and maybe some echo in key places to give more depth.

The "classical" intro and outro is a bit weird, but it definitely grows on you the more you listen to it.

@ Daka: Hey, I think it'll fit right in, considering how completely eclectic it already is pairing a ... whatever you call my style vocalist with a heavy metal guitarist. Bring on the hip-hop beats, fo shizzle mah nizzle ;)
..<[[[Tofu Ninja of the Pickasldawessle Order]]]>..
QUOTE (Tai - in response to DD on how people who fear change are like cats)
you mean the "you moved my litterbox, so I'm going to pee in your clothes hamper" attitude?
Yes, I just quoted myself. ph34r my T4i-F00!!.
doodoodoo!!!

#27 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 02:32 AM

Nice critique Taikara, turned out good the way you analyzed the different parts of the song, your thoughts on them and how you would change it to make improvements, nicely written. LOL Personally I thought the vocal parts turned out great :blink:  yet it would be cool to add layovers and some echos to really add to the song. I gotta try that one day with some of my tracks. ;)

#28 Qbix

Qbix

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 08:48 AM

Neat. Very neat.

In the begining of the track your voice sounded a bit hollow. (like you were singing in large empty room), but when the guiters backed you up it sounded quite great. Your voice is quite suitable for metal actually. But I must admit that I have a hard time imagining how it will sound with a different support "band".

It must have been quite an excersise making up a guitertrack which sounds quite natural to the song.

Keep it up!

#29 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 05:55 PM

I agree, Tai's got a good clean style of vocals, they could fit into metal nicely ;) least in the prog genre of metal which isn't always the easiest genre to sing in and sound good but Tai pulls it off :blink:. I myself sing in that genre (still working on my power vocal sound though :() but she's got her style down nicely, and really with the presence of the guitar her voice still sticks out and draws attention which I think is very impressive. LOL

#30 DakaSha

DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • 2013 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 07:10 PM

im sorry to say i dont have that much time to really sit down and work on a "beat"... ill do it but it might take awihle... there is no way im going to rush it. itll just end up terrible :blink:

another thing... i still only own that crap mic...

Posted Image
For all you artists here... and we have enough. Please draw me something :D Click Here. If possible include your nick. A simple Test. dunno of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!2