93 replies to this topic

#91 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 08:24 PM

Wow sounds like an awesome show, can't wait till Sonata Arctica comes here, will be my 2nd concert attending to see them again, know it will be just as big a turnout crowd wise as last time and Nightwish in May, first time they are visiting here, and also have VIP meet and greet tickets, that will be an awesome experience to meet the band.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#92 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 08:45 PM

Well it has been a few days but last Sunday February 10th, was the first of many concerts for me this year, with Sonata Arctica returning to Edmonton and what a show it was. Sonata Arctica was here two years ago at the Starlite Room and they returned to the same place for this concert too, a few unmemorable opening bands Order of Chaos a local band and Sanctity from North Carolina, originally it was supposed to be Visions of Atlantis supporting Sonata, but then there was a huge blowup in that band with their vocalist and guitarist leaving so that scuttled them before the tour even began oh wells.

Starlite room was sold out, much more people this time around then last time, except a different kind of group then 2 years ago, the sound was meh as well, but Sonata tore down the house once again, fantastic show all around, got to see Elias their new guitarist since Jani was booted and wow he was just amazing. Tony sounded even better this nite then 2 years ago but then again he always sounds good, and the rest of the band were solid as well, here was the setlist for that show.

Intro (Victor's Piano Solo from Corpse Bride)
In Black and White
Paid in Full
Victoria's Secret
Broken
The words forgoen he world forgiven
8th Commandment
Shamandalie
Gravenimage
Caleb
Black Sheep
The Worlds Forgotten, The Words Forbidden
Wolf and Raven
Full Moon

Encore
Crowd Interaction + We Will Rock You (Queen)
It Won't Fade
Gravenimage
Don't Say a Word
The Cage +VODKA

An all around great nite and hope Sonata Arctica can come back sooner rather than having to wait another 2 years for them. Also Elias gave a shout out to us from his blog read yesterday as quoted by him: "The show was sold out..Crowd just went nuts. Stage sound wasn´t so good this time, but decent..The show was just one of the best ones on this tour so far. Thanx for that Edmonton." Totally Awesome :rolleyes:

As an added bonus here are some pics from the performance that I took.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#93 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4277 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 11:51 PM

Sonata rox!
...70 years... LOL

#94 Havell

Havell

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 03:32 AM

I just saw Turisas supported by Alestorm and Norther.

I've seen Turisas twice before tonight, but Alestorm completely stole the show (I would advise anyone who hasn't seen them to see them).  I went to the club where their afterparty was taking place and got my picture taken and talked with a fair few members of both Turisas and Alestorm.  After the club kicked out I hung around outside for quite a while with a few members of Alestorm, and ended up having to direct them back to the venue.  In any case, I got my ticket and a flyer signed by Alestorm, had my photo taken with the lead guitarist of Turisas, talked to the Turisas accordianist, shaked hands with the front man and the accordianist of Turisas at the gig (I was right at the front, up against the railing).

Almost certainly the best gig I've ever been to.

[/gush]
IPB Image