...70 years... LOL

#32 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 01:23 PM

@Moogle- Hmm pretty sure it's not out, everywhere I've been reading says it's supposed to come out today, Square has hyped it up pretty big for the 25th so um who knows...

Forgot to mention my *way out there picks* let's see gotta go with Wayne's World 1 and 2 both hilarious movies and always enjoy watching them, and the Bill and Ted Series of movies as well, again both funny movies if you need a laugh. I've said it before watch Bill and Ted and then watch the Matrix, hard to keep a straight face after watching Keanu in the Bill and Ted series. :ok:

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#33 Flop

Flop

Aspiring Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 02:26 PM

@Pigggy: I believe there is a Thing-fest somewhere in Canada each year, where you can watch it on the big screen. Here we go. Unfortunately Canada is a bit too far away for me...

@Juni: Das Boot is great, but the miniseries is much, much better, imo. :ok:
Furthermore, it is my opinion that Carthage must be destroyed.

#34 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4277 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 02:37 PM

Haven't seen the mini-series, nor heard. :ok:
...70 years... LOL

#35 Aristharus

Aristharus

Daily Denizen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 02:37 PM

DeathDude, on Apr 25 2006, 01:23 PM, said:

hard to keep a straight face after watching Keanu in the Bill and Ted series. :ok:
It's hard to keep a straight face watching Keanu in anything. :( But agreed, I've yet to see a role where he wouldn't be just like Ted, and that doesn't fit to the Matrix that well...

Juni: Wasn't my intention to compare them. Just came to mind for some reason.
Fight Club and American History X are great movies too.
What is it about a beautiful sunny afternoon, with the birds singing and the wind rustling through the leaves, that makes you want to get drunk?

#36 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 02:39 PM

Well actually I thought he did a superb job in the Matrix as Neo. I really can't think of a better guy to do the job in the movie, he definitely worked hard for the series, but granted those early days with those movies, they'll always be in the minds of a lot of people.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#37 Flop

Flop

Aspiring Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 02:42 PM

Juni Ori, on Apr 25 2006, 04:37 PM, said:

Haven't seen the mini-series, nor heard. :ok:
The miniseries is 6 episodes where each episode is fifty minutes long. The film is actually just a cut down version of the miniseries. The film is still great, but you do miss a lot of the good stuff in the miniseries. I was lucky enough to find it on dvd for about 10 euro, six months ago. :(
Furthermore, it is my opinion that Carthage must be destroyed.

#38 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 02:43 PM

Ari, ok, good movies, no matter what. :ok:

Matrix... well... erm... In a sense good movie and Keanu did quite well his job, but why on earth did they fail so badly in the sequels? I haven't seen first after I saw the last two and I'm not planning. It's like promises unkept.

Edit: Flop, thanks, I have to dig it out! *goes searching*

Edited by Juni Ori, 25 April 2006 - 02:43 PM.

...70 years... LOL

#39 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 02:45 PM

I actually thought reloaded was a good sequel, definitely was a worthy successor to the original. Revolutions though was terrible I was shocked at that movie and what happened, how they went from the greatness of Reloaded  to something like revolutions, I don't know.

#40 Tulac

Tulac

The Great Red Lemur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1546 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 02:51 PM

I don't know I never really like all the philosophy in Reloaded, it was like 10 mins of philosophy 10 mins of action, the original sequel was definetly the best IMO, the 2nd and 3rd ones are the same by quality to me...

DakaSha:if you go into a kindergarden and give all the kids rubber schlongs they will prob just hit each other over the head with them
DakaSha:and you have a class of little kids hitting eachother with rubber dongs which must be quite funny (also Picklweasel knight I am)

#41 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 02:56 PM

DD, well, you liked LotR too... :ok: *denies every connection to DD* :(
...70 years... LOL

#42 Sean

Sean

Just call me Mr. Magic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 03:56 PM

I prefered Revelations over Reloaded. The oRiginal is still the best in my opinion. Mind you, I've only seen Revelations the once.
Me>You

#43 taikara

taikara

Tai-Fu Mastah

• Members
  • 2389 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 04:16 PM

Yeah... the whole bit with the Architect was just supremely annoying.

The original was definitely the best, but I'm still incredibly sick of it after my friends dragged me to see it a billion times.
..<[[[Tofu Ninja of the Pickasldawessle Order]]]>..
QUOTE (Tai - in response to DD on how people who fear change are like cats)
you mean the "you moved my litterbox, so I'm going to pee in your clothes hamper" attitude?
Yes, I just quoted myself. ph34r my T4i-F00!!.
doodoodoo!!!

#44 Tulac

Tulac

The Great Red Lemur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1546 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 04:34 PM

I remember when I saw the first one in cinema, and the guy behind knew all the scenes by heart and was commenting all the time, gaah...

DakaSha:if you go into a kindergarden and give all the kids rubber schlongs they will prob just hit each other over the head with them
DakaSha:and you have a class of little kids hitting eachother with rubber dongs which must be quite funny (also Picklweasel knight I am)

#45 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 04:43 PM

I hate people like that who talk during the movie so much, I mean geez. Although I do remember one funny time at spider man when *spoilers don't read now if you haven't seen it!!!!*

Anyways when Peter tells Mary Jane he doesn't want to be with her, one guy yelled out, what the hell are you doing you idiot! Good laugh for a bit :kosta:.

But yeah one of my friends loved the matrix series even revolutions I was like dude how could you like it after all this happened with neo and trinity and such and he was like it's still good.  :ok:

Original still the best though agreed. :(