44 replies to this topic

#1 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4277 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 04:32 PM

Puffin inspired me to start this thread in "Organ Donors" discussion. So how would you want to be treated after death?

My choice: burned in a long boat at the sea or big lake. Unfortunately illegal. :)

Edit: Btw, this was 100th thread in 3x Blah! Yay! ;)
...70 years... LOL

#2 Sebatianos

Sebatianos

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 04:36 PM

My wish - to be burried (whole body), prefrebly not in a casket, in a clearing somewhere in the woods - with nothing but a semi-big rock on top of it.
But unfortunately - that's illegal too.

#3 Doubler

Doubler

A regular Llama

• Admin
  • 2740 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 04:41 PM

I'd like to be cremated and my ashes spread out in the wind.
I hope it's legal.

:) *Whistles 'Dust in the Wind'* ;)

Wonderfull sig and avvie by Taikara :D

#4 Puffin

Puffin

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 05:12 PM

I want to be cremated and the dust put in the sea in Patreksfjörður. Be it legal or not, nobody's gonna find out  :)
user posted image
©Kiddiarni

#5 Tulac

Tulac

The Great Red Lemur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1546 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 05:18 PM

I'd want to be cremated, but donate my organs before too...

DakaSha:if you go into a kindergarden and give all the kids rubber schlongs they will prob just hit each other over the head with them
DakaSha:and you have a class of little kids hitting eachother with rubber dongs which must be quite funny (also Picklweasel knight I am)

#6 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 05:52 PM

Probably a nice field somewhere buried with whole body, no cremation for me that is unless the grass somehow catches fire er uh  ;) then have them build a hockey arena over it so be close to my favourite sport, or something  :) nah jk about the hockey part. ;)

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#7 Abi79

Abi79

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 06:17 PM

I would like to be buried in the classroom at school where I learn C++, with some computers at my head and a big list of maths exercises to do while I'm in the Heaven :)
IPB Image

#8 MrBackAlleySka

MrBackAlleySka

Daily Denizen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 07:41 PM

Abi79, on Sep 27 2005, 01:17 PM, said:

I would like to be buried in the classroom at school where I learn C++, with some computers at my head and a big list of maths exercises to do while I'm in the Heaven ;)
  :) You.....are the devil...

*cough* Lets see....legal issues not relevant....What about technical issues? Technology permitting, i'd like my brain to be loaded into a computer, then have every single book that technology can allow, loaded into the computer as well, allow me time to read each and every one (could be seconds, could be years, again...depending on technology) then have the computer shut off, and completely wiped of all data, including me.

But if we're talking about NOW, then i'd like to be cremated and just poured into the wind at random, preferably during a hurricane, so I could be everywhere, and be next to who wanted me to be next to them, and I could be a thousand miles from the people that want me a thousand miles away from them. Plus I could be present in my loved ones' lives, and yet not be in a spesific spot to mourn and avoid (like graveyards.)

#9 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 04:56 AM

I had in mind what to do now with this moment's technology, but feel free to add your futuristic visions with unlimited funds too. In that case I'd want to be freezed and launched into space!
...70 years... LOL

#10 Tulac

Tulac

The Great Red Lemur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1546 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 10:29 AM

I just saw an ad today on the TV, basically here(I thin it's the same in the whole western culture), you automatically donate organs after your death, if you don't want to do that, you have to sign somekind of a paper at your doctor...

DakaSha:if you go into a kindergarden and give all the kids rubber schlongs they will prob just hit each other over the head with them
DakaSha:and you have a class of little kids hitting eachother with rubber dongs which must be quite funny (also Picklweasel knight I am)

#11 DakaSha

DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • 2013 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 10:34 AM

well if it was up to me wed still live like cavemen (well i guess the technology that the native americans had would be ok) and id just become lion food or id be buried and become the grass which feeds the antilope which feeds the lions or.... you get my point.

Posted Image
For all you artists here... and we have enough. Please draw me something :D Click Here. If possible include your nick. A simple Test. dunno of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!2

#12 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • 2784 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 11:02 AM

I want to be buried as an empty shell (because my organs would be put to better use) under a tombstone where it says:

Here lies Tom Henrik Aaberg
Best before: xx.xx.xxxx
Don't step on the grass
Thank you.

Yo!

#13 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 11:15 AM

Damn, I had totally forgotten that Best Before -thingie! Hilarious :)
...70 years... LOL

#14 PrejudiceSucks

PrejudiceSucks

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1865 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 02:19 PM

I'd have my body donated to medicine/science.

#15 TheVoid

TheVoid

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 03:13 PM

I'd have my body cleansed and mummified, organs donated, and worshipped by people in a mausoleum in Red Square.
God Shave the Queen!