• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 11:01 PM

Downloading it now.

Oooh it's a BIG file.   ;)

Can't wait to test this.

:)

Edit
This could take a while.  You're download is very slow I'm afraid.  Still, it should be worth the wait.
  :bye:
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#32 Flop

Flop

Aspiring Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 08:23 AM

Okay, I've added it to the list, so hopefully someone will review it soon. *eyes Frodo* :)

Anyway, I'll leave this thread for a while, before closing it. (since it's no longer a project in the making).
Furthermore, it is my opinion that Carthage must be destroyed.

#33 Doubler

Doubler

A regular Llama

• Admin
  • 2740 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 02:20 PM

After playing this game, I'll say I really like the game's style. :bye:
Though one point of attention for the future is that the English dialogue is somewhat rough. ;)
Well, unless that was intentional, of course. :)

Wonderfull sig and avvie by Taikara :D

#34 Frodo

Frodo

Your neck looks very... tasty!

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 02:41 PM

Flop, on Nov 8 2005, 08:23 AM, said:

Okay, I've added it to the list, so hopefully someone will review it soon. *eyes Frodo* :P
  :)   I get to review it!  Yippeeee!   :bye:

I downloaded it last night, but it took a long time.  I have broadband, but it still took over 5 hours.  Did anyone else have that problem?   ;)

So far, it seems very dark, and atmospheric, and CREEPY.
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#35 Doubler

Doubler

A regular Llama

• Admin
  • 2740 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 02:48 PM

I got it in less 2.5 hours. :)

Wonderfull sig and avvie by Taikara :D

#36 Flop

Flop

Aspiring Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 02:52 PM

Well, I think I got it down in about three hours, so I guess I was lucky. :bye:

I agree that it seems very atmospheric and very filmic as well. The music is also great, IMO, and really adds to the atmosphere.

I also agree with Doubler that the English is somewhat rough, but it's perfectly understandable, so it's no big problem.

So far I like it very much, but I've yet to finish it.  It looks like you did a great job, Gord. :)

@Frodo: Should I sign you up for the game, then? And will you be participating in the contest as well? If so, you should probably say so in the contest thread (just to do it by the book ;)).

#37 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 03:19 PM

I officially requested this game in the Game Contest thread.  Is that okay?

#38 Flop

Flop

Aspiring Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 07:08 PM

That's just perfect, Frodo (in case you hadn't noticed :bye:).

@Gord: Can I ask you how long it has taken you to make the game? I can tell that your first post at AGS is about a year old, but I'm assuming you've been working on it for a bit longer.

Anyway, I'm really impressed so far. I can't wait to go back and try some of the other options in the game.  :)

#39 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 07:25 PM

Gotta say Gord, I love this game so far.   :P
It's kinda a cross between Blair Witch and Silent Hill.
And that music gets me really on edge.  It's so creepy.   :bye:
The night \ dark atmospheres are just brilliant.

A lot of the scenes look hand painted.  How did you do that?
It was a long download - but it's well worth it.   :)

Hope to see many more games from you in the future.   ;)

:P

#40 CoolBlue-Gord10

CoolBlue-Gord10

N00b-a-R00b

• Producers
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 07:34 PM

Hehehe, thank you very much :) The game took me about 1,5 year to make.
And how I did the cutscenes: All the game graphics are screenshots from the Half-Life 1 engine (though I mapped the environment by myself). They didn't look so good when they were raw, but they looked like hand painted after using Adobe Photoshop.

#41 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 09:17 PM

Indeed this is quite the game got to make sure to get this when I see my friend next time around since the download is just a tad too big for me, good job man, from what I can tell it looks wicked. :)

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#42 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 11:59 PM

@ Gord
Think I found a bug. I'll send you a pm with more details.

#43 CoolBlue-Gord10

CoolBlue-Gord10

N00b-a-R00b

• Producers
  • 43 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 05:43 PM

Yes; it is reported by many people that a bug occurs after you don't kill the baby, and then shoot Burak's dark past in the mirror. I still couldn't find how to fix it in the game yet; but I have released a saved game that can be counted as a patch.
www.geocities.com/akk13us/bugfixlitn.zip

#44 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 06:56 PM

Thanks for that save game Gord - I'll check it out later tonight.   :P

This is one of the best games I've played.  I love the flashback scenes    :bye:  
It's really scary.  I can't wait to see what happens at the end.
And then I want to go back to the start and use different choices.  

Thankyou for giving us this game!   :)

EDIT
Finished the game!  Wow, what a game.  There are some bugs, but the game is so good I couldn't stop.  My nerves are shot.   ;)

#45 CoolBlue-Gord10

CoolBlue-Gord10

N00b-a-R00b

• Producers
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 02:59 PM

Thanks to everyone Smiley By the way, I have got an idea: I will release a special version of Lost In The Nightmare. It will be a "deluxe" version; more than just a v1.2 thingy.
*All bugs will be fixed.
*Some new scenes will be added to the game endings; because I think they were too short.
*And the most important; some new extra playable stories about Lost In The Nightmare will be added. Think it like the "Born From a Wish" story in the Silent Hill 2: The Restless Dreams. For example, you will be able to play as the Lost One in one of the extra stories in the new version of LitN.
Also you will be able to download these extra stories 'apart' if you had downloaded the first version of the game; so you won't have to download another 88 MB to play the extra stories.

What do you think about this?