Sean

Just call me Mr. Magic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 06:28 PM

FULLYRAMBLOMATIC.COM said:

7/12/05: I Am Not A Number
Okay, so I guess I should tell you about this new game I'm working on.

Since Galaxy of Fantabulous Wonderment, I have continued to experiment with the limits of AGS, and what variations on the theme of adventure can be devised with a little imagination and a little neurotic obsessiveness. The other day, I was struck with this thought: could it be possible to make a Prince of Persia or Flashback-style game in AGS?

Apparently, yes. And it was easier than I thought, so I quickly rustled up an engine. When I was happy with it, I started making a game. The game is entitled 1213, pronounced Twelve Thirteen, and it tells the story of an amnesiac who escapes from the cell in which he has remained for as long as he can remember to quest for the answers he seeks.

I'm planning to release it in an episodic manner as soon as each episode is done, with a planned 3 episodes so far. At present, all I have is a brief demo to demonstrate the gameplay style and mechanics. Feel free to download it from one of the following sites (thanks by the way to roushimsx on the Awful Forums for the hosting):

http://www.roushimsx...ahtzee/1213.zip - Mirror 2

I'm working pretty fast on the first episode because this is my new obsession. As my girlfriend pointed out to me recently, I probably wouldn't achieve so much if I wasn't completely neurotic.

Oh yeah - pick up the next issue of Hyper, there'll be another article by me in it.

- Yahtzee

I just played through the demo, it's short and has elements that addictive Another World players would get along with quite nicely. Try it out, I'll update the thread whenever theres news on his site.
Me>You

#2 Frodo

Frodo

Your neck looks very... tasty!

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 07:15 PM

Nice find Sean.   :ot:

I like how it introduces you to the controls bit by bit.  And of course, it's a Flashback game, which is a big bonus.

Looking forward to more news (and episodes) on this one.

:)
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#3 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 07:20 PM

Cool find will be interesting to see once the episodes get under way.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#4 Sean

Sean

Just call me Mr. Magic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 08:41 PM

We'll be lucky if he finishes the 3 episodes. He's started quite a few games and not finished them although I've never seen him post any games he doesn't think he'll finish on the main site before. P12 (Released as a beta) was only posted on his forum was bug tested and then dropped. I still have it and I think it may still be on his forum, an interesting AGS game to say the least.. apparently it's quite buggy although I didn't come across anything serious. I only played shortly though.

Lets hope Yz does get the first episode at least finished if not all three... he's a skilled author it's a shame he actually has a life and cannot just slave away for our sakes. :ot:
Me>You

#5 Abi79

Abi79

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 30 December 2005 - 07:46 AM

Isn't the first episode finished ? I'm just downloading it.
IPB Image

#6 Sean

Sean

Just call me Mr. Magic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 30 December 2005 - 10:35 AM

Tis now.. wasn't when I posted.

http://www.fullyramblomatic.com/1213/

FullyRamblomatic.com said:

A man lies in a darkened cell, consumed by pain and sickness. He does not know where he is. He does not know how he came to be there. He does not even know his own name. All he knows is that he is being tortured by a bizarre, bespectacled man, who addresses him only as a number - Twelve-Thirteen.

Every day, Twelve-Thirteen is taken out of his cell and goaded into running a dangerous hazard course, apparently for the sole amusement of the bespectacled man. Today seems to be no different. But while Twelve-Thirteen sits brooding in his darkened prison, the door suddenly falls open with no apparent cause. To discover the answers to all of his questions, Twelve-Thirteen must adventure into the unknown world beyond the cell...

1213 is to be released episodically, with 3 episodes planned.

EPISODE 1

1213 escapes from the cell, and soon learns that he may have been better off where he was.

Click http://roushimsx.sha...ee/1213_ep1.zip  to download episode 1

Me>You

#7 Sean

Sean

Just call me Mr. Magic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 30 December 2005 - 07:57 PM

Oo. Just played all the way through episode 1. It's good, I advise you check it out.. that boss .. oo he took me 10-15 minutes
Me>You

#8 Frodo

Frodo

Your neck looks very... tasty!

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 31 December 2005 - 12:53 AM

Really good game, but I can't seem to defeat the mutant at the end.  How did you do it Sean?

:ot:
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#9 Sean

Sean

Just call me Mr. Magic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 31 December 2005 - 10:52 AM

See the side bits?

I jumped onto them and switched between two of them for the most part.

If you jump onto a platform where he is sliding down too, wait then go to a platform bellow chances are he'll start that 'Fist' attack when he does jump up and shoot him in his head until you hear a groan. Then get back down, hopefully he should come down to you and try the fist thing again but chances are he'll try the needle attack. To avoid the needle attack you need to be a platform that is directly in line with him. Get beside him whilst he shoots the noodles out and then blast his head. Keep repeating the process until he dies.

Also, that save utility is quite handy y'know... I saved it with a tiny amount of life left and just re-did it until I kicked his buttocks :ot:
Me>You

#10 Sean

Sean

Just call me Mr. Magic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 01 January 2006 - 04:52 PM

Hey, Yahtzee's new 'adventure' game is quite cool.

Retains that spooky,horror feeling from the past games. Has slightly less pleasing graphics than 5DAS and slightly simplistic gameplay. Yahtzee has created a rather good 'Action' game. It's similar to another world. This episode is quite short and ends on a cliff-hanger as it where but episodes 2 & 3 should follow shortly.

I just thought I'd make people aware of the game, I'll review it myself if nobody claims it. I've already ran through it once.

http://www.fullyramblomatic.com/1213
Me>You

#11 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 01 January 2006 - 09:03 PM

Didn't you already post this in the 'projects in the making' section?:ot:

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#12 BlackMageJawa

BlackMageJawa

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 12:07 AM

That was good. Only took me about half an hour, but a fun little brainteaser. I love plots where I don't have the faintest idea what the **** is going on (cf- Metal Gear)

#13 Sean

Sean

Just call me Mr. Magic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 12:30 PM

A. J. Raffles, on Jan 1 2006, 09:03 PM, said:

Didn't you already post this in the 'projects in the making' section?:ot:
Yes but Episode 1 is no longer a project in the making.

The first part of the series is officialy reviewed and ready for reviewing :)
Me>You

#14 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 12:54 PM

I could just have moved the thread, you know.:ot: All right, I'll try to merge them...

Edit: Done.

Edited by A. J. Raffles, 02 January 2006 - 12:55 PM.

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#15 Sean

Sean

Just call me Mr. Magic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 05:46 PM

Cool game, I reccomend it and am eagerly awaiting the next episode.
Me>You

Reply to this topic