23 replies to this topic

#16 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2784 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 08:27 PM

I think that if my meeting with the Embassy goes smoothly, I should have a little time to participate in this. Don't expect too much, though ;)

I don't really have an idea of what to make, and I would have to familiarize myself with an engine.

It sounds like good fun, though :)

Yo!

#17 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 08:35 PM

I might enter this if I do happen to free up some time, won't guarantee anything, but if I do have some time, I'll give it a shot. :)

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#18 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • 2784 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 04:55 PM

I've decided to create a Maze game. I imagine that with my complete absence of coding and programming, as well as logical skills, this is someting that I could actually accomplish in 2 month's time. Hopefully.

I'm going to make the game in Game Maker 6.1 - as most of those commands actually make sense to me.

My latest ground-breaking feat was to have the PC pick up object A, then dropping object B later.

My current mission is to get object B to destroy object C (and B ).

Yes. I'm making a portable bomb. Yeehaaw! :)

Yo!

#19 taikara

taikara

Tai-Fu Mastah

• Members
  • 2389 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 05:10 PM

seeing as how I am completely transfixed by the first sprite I've made, I probably won't manage to complete the game (which is intended to be a platformer) in time.

It's hypnotizing :)
..<[[[Tofu Ninja of the Pickasldawessle Order]]]>..
QUOTE (Tai - in response to DD on how people who fear change are like cats)
you mean the "you moved my litterbox, so I'm going to pee in your clothes hamper" attitude?
Yes, I just quoted myself. ph34r my T4i-F00!!.
doodoodoo!!!

#20 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • 2784 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 05:18 PM

Not to mention that you have sent it out to the competition. I keep looking at it for long durations of time myself. Thanks to you, no-one will finish in time. ;)

It's so adorable!! :)

Yo!

#21 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 07:50 PM

Totally hypnotizing, and super cute, that sprite is. ;) Almost like it takes you under its control, to do whatever it asks, yes, yes master I shall give up metal music. :)

psyche. :)

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#22 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • 2953 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 08:29 PM

Moustachioed foxes are powerful, it seems :)
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.

#23 taikara

taikara

Tai-Fu Mastah

• Members
  • 2389 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 11:22 PM

View PostTom Henrik, on Feb 19 2007, 12:18 PM, said:

Not to mention that you have sent it out to the competition. I keep looking at it for long durations of time myself. Thanks to you, no-one will finish in time. ;)

It's all part of my evil plan :)

:)
..<[[[Tofu Ninja of the Pickasldawessle Order]]]>..
QUOTE (Tai - in response to DD on how people who fear change are like cats)
you mean the "you moved my litterbox, so I'm going to pee in your clothes hamper" attitude?
Yes, I just quoted myself. ph34r my T4i-F00!!.
doodoodoo!!!

#24 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • 2784 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 04:08 PM

I thought that it might be interesting to show a small preview of how the game will look (ish).

This is the first room, pretty boring, but it just gives you an idea of the main feel of the game. The spider sprite was one I had lying around (I will most likely change it later, but for now I use that sprite as the main character).

The object of each room is basically to get to the stairs. And as the game progresses, new features and puzzles will be added along the way.

Items that I have thought up (note that thinking does not equal creating working things), includes such things as pitfalls, buttons to push, different sets of doors, different sets of blocks (like wooden crates and ice), portable bombs, and monsters.

This is pretty fun stuff! :)
(Not the game, the making of it. The game is pretty boring right now.)

Attached Files

Yo!