DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2013 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 10:15 PM

Nomic

check it out.

thought id open the topic just to show it but mabye we could also get a "working" game up and going here. it really is very suitable as a forum game and im pretty sure it would be fun with all the intelligent people here (well mabye that would ruin it but hey :P )

Posted Image
For all you artists here... and we have enough. Please draw me something :D Click Here. If possible include your nick. A simple Test. dunno of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!2

#2 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6304 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 10:18 PM

Obviously I'm not intelligent enough to understand what it's all about...:P

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#3 DakaSha

DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • 2013 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 10:22 PM

well you do have to read it :P

Posted Image
For all you artists here... and we have enough. Please draw me something :D Click Here. If possible include your nick. A simple Test. dunno of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!2

#4 taikara

taikara

Tai-Fu Mastah

• Members
  • 2389 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 10:30 PM

That is actually cool as heck. Would we have to use Spivak pronouns? :P

It sort of reminds me of a game I used to play - a folk card game in which one person makes up the rules, and everyone else has to learn the rules as they play. It was also adaptive, as one of the rules had to be that a person could add a rule or take away a rule under certain circumstances preset by the original rule maker.
..<[[[Tofu Ninja of the Pickasldawessle Order]]]>..
QUOTE (Tai - in response to DD on how people who fear change are like cats)
you mean the "you moved my litterbox, so I'm going to pee in your clothes hamper" attitude?
Yes, I just quoted myself. ph34r my T4i-F00!!.
doodoodoo!!!

#5 DakaSha

DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • 2013 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 10:35 PM

thats going a bit overboard i think :P although in moogles case mabye..

:P

Posted Image

#6 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 06:57 AM

Well it's definitely an uh interesting concept and such.  :P

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#7 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 07:45 AM

I still don't really get it, I'm afraid. Oh well.

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#8 Doubler

Doubler

A regular Llama

• Admin
  • 2740 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 12:46 PM

Must I mention this seems incredibly cool to me? :P

Wonderfull sig and avvie by Taikara :D

#9 DakaSha

DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • 2013 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 02:05 PM

it is cool. different game every time.

you have to win by making the rules go the way you want... creating loopholes and such... otherwise its nearly impossible for anybody to win as the player with the most points will just lose through some mean proposal like: "ok player 3 with 94 points cannot gain points anymore"

haha that would be funny :P

of course mabye point wont even play a role by then  :P
game might not ever finish even...

edit: and how did i find this article? through CALVINBALL!!! ive always wanted to play calvinball and this is a playable version of it :P

Posted Image

#10 Fruit Pie Jones

Fruit Pie Jones

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 05:42 PM

This could be a lot of fun, but I fear that there wouldn't be enough sustained interest here for it to work very well.
Today is a good day for pie.

#11 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 04:16 AM

Haha CalvinBall, ah memories from the comics. :P

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#12 Aristharus

Aristharus

Daily Denizen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 08:21 AM

Fruit Pie Jones, on May 8 2006, 05:42 PM, said:

This could be a lot of fun, but I fear that there wouldn't be enough sustained interest here for it to work very well.
I don't think it needs that many players. Four or five interested regulars could probably keep the game going. This sounds cool as heck, but I'm afraid I still couldn't play it. It looks like it needs lots of concentration and pretty much time devoted to it, and I'm having enough trouble now playing two online Diplomacy games at the moment.

I'd like to watch a game, though.. And if I'll feel like it sometime later, I suppose I could jump into the game then.

I say try it. There's been many interested replies, so how about opening a game here and seeing if it works at all? If it works, that would be great, and if it doesn't work, it's just one more thread to the graveyard, nothing more.
What is it about a beautiful sunny afternoon, with the birds singing and the wind rustling through the leaves, that makes you want to get drunk?

#13 DannyMc252

DannyMc252

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 03:25 PM

I'd certainly be interested in watching and maybe playing. *evilness*
user posted image
Meep?

#14 DakaSha

DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • 2013 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 03:29 PM

well wed have to get a ruleset going.

Starting rules - Rules that may be changed/not changed and so on.

First off who is really interested in playing? we will need a moderator because rules may come into effect that need a neutral person (dice rolling for instance). since i brought this up ill gladly take over that position for the first game

Posted Image

#15 DannyMc252

DannyMc252

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 04:19 PM

I'll play, I suppose ^^
user posted image
Meep?