516 replies to this topic

#511 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4277 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 05:57 AM

Yeah, if he's desperately avoiding his job, he's just loser.
...70 years... LOL

#512 PrejudiceSucks

PrejudiceSucks

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1865 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 11:34 AM

Just had an English Lit. exam that I thought was actually in the afternoon - quite lucky that I checked, really...

#513 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6304 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 12:08 PM

What was it on?

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#514 PrejudiceSucks

PrejudiceSucks

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1865 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 12:52 PM

View PostA. J. Raffles, on May 23 2006, 01:08 PM, said:

What was it on?

Hmm...well...

You have to do two questions, one about poetry and another about some short stories, both of these questions are answered using a poetry + short story anthology given to everyone doing the AQA English exams (as there is poetry from other cultures on the English Language paper).

Here's an example question :

"How is the problem of increased womble numbers portrayed in "I hate those flipping wombles" by Gillian Clarke, one poem of your choice by Seamus Heaney, and two poems from the Pre-1914 section".

And you answer that for about an hour (or are supposed to) and then you have 45 minutes left for the bit with short stories in.

An example question for this would be :

"How is the relationship between Uncle Bulgaria and one other womble portrayed in "The Wombles of Wimbledon" and one other short story that you have studied".

The whole exam is one hour and forty-fine minutes long, and you can divide that time up however you choose, but since the marks for each section are unequally divided,  you're supposed to spend 45 minutes doing the short stories and the other hour doing the poems.

You get no planning time outside of this time, and you get a clean, unused anthology, and aren't allowed to bring your own one in with notes on it.

Oh and the questions generally aren't about the wombles, they're generally about relationships between generations of *sighs* death.

#515 Puffin

Puffin

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 01:17 PM

My day's been rather bad... My mom is pissed off because I made the officials change my official record; that I'm an atheist but not protestant (like my parents). So today mom said she'll never ever give me money again (my summer job hasn't started yet, and I won't get paid 'till July), and I can never borrow her car again. Which sucks, because I can't afford to take the bus 'cause I'm broke.
Huge fight this morning, and at 8o'clock I had to babysit my retarded cousin, for 8 hours. And he's being a pain in the a** today, which really doesn't help. I just wanna sleep.
user posted image
©Kiddiarni

#516 PrejudiceSucks

PrejudiceSucks

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1865 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 02:17 PM

:ok:

That's awful luck, Puffin,  I hope things get better for you soon.

#517 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4277 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 04:10 PM

OMFG (again I had to make a god up for short moment)!!! That just sucks, and if it wasn't your own mother I'd say much nastier things... *controls himself, barely*
...70 years... LOL