12 replies to this topic

#1 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 05:50 PM

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review + download

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#2 Okcolz

Okcolz

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 01:45 PM

Good review ;). You notice many things. But why is the drinking contest pointless?

#3 Frodo

Frodo

Your neck looks very... tasty!

• Admin
  • 9534 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 03:20 PM

Thanks.   :P

I felt there was no real reason for the drinking contest - it was just stuck in there for the sake of it.  Also, if you knew you were going to fail the contest, there was no way to back out.   ;)

SPOILER - HIGHLIGHT TEXT - The point in the game was to get a bottle of ouzo for the fisherman, not a few dregs after Lambros and Vaggelis (and Ben and Simon) had already drunk most of it.    ;)

Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#4 Okcolz

Okcolz

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 06:19 PM

View PostFrodo, on Sep 13 2007, 05:20 PM, said:

SPOILER - HIGHLIGHT TEXT - The point in the game was to get a bottle of ouzo for the fisherman, not a few dregs after Lambros and Vaggelis (and Ben and Simon) had already drunk most of it.    ;)

I agree, but it was still a fun part for me. I love drinking contests   :P   ;)

#5 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9534 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 06:24 PM

Hehe.  Well I'm glad you enjoyed it.   ;)
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#6 ced117

ced117

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 08:42 AM

This game just rox, but, what's about a linux port ?  ;)

#7 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9534 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 12:42 PM

Glad you like the game.  But you need to ask Grundislav (the creator) about Linux port.   ;)

#8 JayBTV

JayBTV

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 03:47 AM

[quote name='Frodo' date='Sep 13 2007, 11:20 AM' post='53696']
Thanks.   ;)

I felt there was no real reason for the drinking contest - it was just stuck in there for the sake of it.  Also, if you knew you were going to fail the contest, there was no way to back out.   ;)
====

I actually got so fed up w/ losing I used Artmoney (www.artmoney.ru) to figure out how to cheat  :P   Stopped Ben's bar from going up......I was tempted to see what happened if Simon lost but I ended up winning pretty easily.  I don't think it's possible for Simon to lose otherwise.....

#9 JayBTV

JayBTV

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 04:07 AM

Well I was bored and tried getting Simon drunk - didn't work  ;)  His level just sits at the top.....guess he can drink forever  ;)

Anyway great game IMO!  Loved 3, 4, and 5 as well....

#10 ScytheKnight

ScytheKnight

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 03:48 AM

Well I got bored over the last couple of days and have just finished the series.

Although they where fairly good I'd hesitate to put them in the same league as something like the Trilby/John De Foe series. But for all that 6 good solid Adventure games.

Cheers :unsure:

Oh, and a spoiler for those having problems with the drinking contest:

Spoiler said:

If you go into the bathroom of your bungalow there's a shaving mirror, hang that from the nail in the bar and you can see how many fingures he's holding in the reflection. :roflol:

#11 CataBina

CataBina

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 02:11 PM

Right after the game was released, I downloaded and played it, then wrote a walkthrough which I sent to you guys here at AR.

I wonder where it has vanished to...  ;)

#12 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9534 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 02:50 PM

I don't see anything in Incoming folder, Catabina.  Where did you send it to?  ;)

#13 CataBina

CataBina

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 11:46 AM

View PostFrodo, on Sep 3 2008, 04:50 PM, said:

I don't see anything in Incoming folder, Catabina.  Where did you send it to?  ;)

I don't remember... it's been a while ago  ;)

Where should I send things like that?

Reply to this topic