74 replies to this topic

#1 taikara

taikara

Tai-Fu Mastah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2389 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 08:32 PM

The great thing about freeware games is that most of them are made by independent producers. People like you and me, who just want to see their favorite old game characters in a new story, or create an entirely new game world.

So, if you were to make a freeware game, what would it be?
..<[[[Tofu Ninja of the Pickasldawessle Order]]]>..
QUOTE (Tai - in response to DD on how people who fear change are like cats)
you mean the "you moved my litterbox, so I'm going to pee in your clothes hamper" attitude?
Yes, I just quoted myself. ph34r my T4i-F00!!.
doodoodoo!!!

#2 OvErLoRd

OvErLoRd

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 08:33 PM

It would be Prince of Persia remake! If I knew how to make it, that is... :)
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

- from ''Lord of the Rings'' by J.R.R.Tolkien

#3 Kon-Tiki

Kon-Tiki

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 08:35 PM

@Overlord: There're Prince of Persia level editors, sprite editors, etc ;)

I'd make a game 'bout pirates, cause they're just plain cool. Another one I'd make, would be 'bout a ninja. They're simply awesome, and would make such great game, with such a theme :)

#4 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • 2784 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 08:35 PM

You won't get anything out of me... :)

Yo!

#5 OvErLoRd

OvErLoRd

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 08:37 PM

Kon-Tiki, on May 8 2005, 08:35 PM, said:

Really?! *Logs out and starts learning how to edit Prince*  :)
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

- from ''Lord of the Rings'' by J.R.R.Tolkien

#6 taikara

taikara

Tai-Fu Mastah

• Members
  • 2389 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 08:37 PM

I would make mine based on the book I've been writing in my head and on paper for the past... 10 years. hehe.

Sigh.

Fantasy, multiple lands, lots of characters. Great setup for an RPG, although I would prefer to make an adventure game. But hey, both genres rock  :)
..<[[[Tofu Ninja of the Pickasldawessle Order]]]>..
QUOTE (Tai - in response to DD on how people who fear change are like cats)
you mean the "you moved my litterbox, so I'm going to pee in your clothes hamper" attitude?
Yes, I just quoted myself. ph34r my T4i-F00!!.
doodoodoo!!!

#7 NrmMyth

NrmMyth

Daily Denizen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 08:38 PM

Kon-Tiki, on May 8 2005, 10:35 PM, said:

I'd make a game 'bout pirates, cause they're just plain cool. Another one I'd make, would be 'bout a ninja. They're simply awesome, and would make such great game, with such a theme :)
Ninja sounds cool!

#8 a1s

a1s

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1167 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 08:40 PM

that would be an RPG, about star marines getting stuck on a strange planet, while on a routine mission, and how their adventures there would change their charecters. the game would of coures be as non linear as possible (without making it waterish like morrowind).
I actualy had a 5 page concept for that somwhere...
Those of you being liberal-art majors � don�t worry, advanced mathematics were largely omitted from this text in concern for your mental health.

QUOTE (Mighty Midget)
if BP has potied on Twilight Zone episode, I will strangle him

secret adept of the PICKALLONWEASEL order

#9 UnHoly

UnHoly

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 08:41 PM

I'd make an adventure game, but I don't have idea what it would be about. Maybe game set in Planscape or another Indiana Jones would be nice.
Wake up Mr. Freeman. Wake up, and smell tha ashes

#10 Tulac

Tulac

The Great Red Lemur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1546 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 08:42 PM

I'd make a game where you're free in space like Elite!

DakaSha:if you go into a kindergarden and give all the kids rubber schlongs they will prob just hit each other over the head with them
DakaSha:and you have a class of little kids hitting eachother with rubber dongs which must be quite funny (also Picklweasel knight I am)

#11 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • 2953 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 08:45 PM

My dad once started making a Buccaneering game for the ZX Spectrum which was pretty similar to Pirates!, but never got round to finishing it.

Tai: Make an Adventure RPG and kill 2 birds with one stone :)

If I were to make a game it'd involve a character who was a woodchuck, who clearly would have to chuck wood for a living (possibly trying to break a world record of some sort)
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.

#12 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 08:53 PM

Hmmm I wouldn't mind if I had the resources and such to do a FPS game with a lot of emphasis on story and team based tactics, like a real story and such.

Otherwise it could be something involving pirates in some way or another oh yeah with ninjas. Pirates and ninjas, yes that'd be cool heh heh.

Edited by DeathDude, 08 May 2005 - 09:46 PM.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#13 Havell

Havell

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 09:03 PM

I'd quite like to make a game about some guy who just cruises around in a big car, kind of like a cross between a road movie, Full Throttle and Fallout 2.  I'd base it in a post-apocolyptic world, or possibly a Blade-Runner style vision of the future, full of dripping pipes and large class boundaries.
Of course, I have neither the time, ideas or expertise to do any of this, so feel free to pillage my idea :)
IPB Image

#14 Stroggy

Stroggy

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 09:06 PM

My game would be pretty much like Taikara, based on my own story I've been making up for 7 years now. It'd be a strategy game.

#15 Fawfulhasfury

Fawfulhasfury

Daily Denizen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 09:08 PM

It would be either The Treasure Thieves(fantasy horror action comedy manga) a comic I've been making for the past 10 years or so, a monkey island fan game, or a half zelda, half mario rpg. And a manga detective adventure game.
Pi stinks, tastes horribles, and I hate it! But cake is good...