• This topic is locked This topic is locked
27 replies to this topic

#1 SpiDoL

SpiDoL

Member Munchkin

• Producers
  • 84 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 01:36 AM

I've got a big suprise for Abandonia Reloaded. Even though I'd like DOOM 64 on the site as well, that's just the appetizer. What you're about to see is the main course:

DOOM was THE game to own back when it first came out. And although it has aged very well, some graphic *mary magdalene*s just can't accept the pixellated graphics and midi music from back in the day. But all that has changed. DOOM fans have gathered to create new artwork and state-of-the-art 3D graphics and remix old tunes. They've donw their part. And now, I have gathered their work and combined it to make the Ultimate DOOM Experience:

DOOMsday Super Pack!!

DOOM, now with superb 3D modelling, crisp graphics, and killer audio. And guest-starring B.J. Blaskowicz from Enemy Territory as the DOOMguy! It's so good, you need to see it to believe it. Therefore, HERE IT IS!! (480MB)

NOTICE: Because of legal issues, I can only include Shareware DOOM with this pack. If you have the other DOOM games, I'll tell you how to put them in there...

Posted Image
LIFE IN A NUTSHELL

Games I've gotten on the site:
Marvel Super Heroes
Sonic Robo Blast 2

#2 SpiDoL

SpiDoL

Member Munchkin

• Producers
  • 84 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 01:37 AM

It's finally ready! It took 8 HOURS to upload the thing, but at least it was worth it. Now you all can see the glorious New DOOM I have pieced together!

Posted Image
LIFE IN A NUTSHELL

Marvel Super Heroes
Sonic Robo Blast 2

#3 RyGuy

RyGuy

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 02:04 PM

I own the DOOM Collector's Edition.(DOOM 1,2, Final DOOM) Is there anything special I should or shouldn't do?
IPB Image

#4 SpiDoL

SpiDoL

Member Munchkin

• Producers
  • 84 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 04:07 PM

View PostRyGuy, on Feb 26 2007, 02:04 PM, said:

I own the DOOM Collector's Edition.(DOOM 1,2, Final DOOM) Is there anything special I should or shouldn't do?

Here's what you do:

1. Download and extract the Doomsday folder to C:\. NOWHERE ELSE OR IT WON'T WORK!

2. Go into you DOOM CD and locate these WADs:
DOOM.WAD
DOOM2.WAD
PLUTONIA.WAD
TNT.WAD
And copy them into the Doomsday Folder.

3. Because your DOOM 1 is Ultimate DOOM, you need to rename it to DOOMU.WAD.

4. Run "Kicks.exe" and select a game from the launcher. DO NOT MODIFY ANY SETTINGS AT ALL! I HAVE EVERYTHING SET PERFECTLY!

Posted Image
LIFE IN A NUTSHELL

Marvel Super Heroes
Sonic Robo Blast 2

#5 RyGuy

RyGuy

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 09:05 PM

It doesn't need to be in C:\ you just need to search for that kickstart file after you try to start it up which it does automatically.

But umm, I'm getting an error. The program just crashes at r_init init the refresh daemon.
IPB Image

#6 SpiDoL

SpiDoL

Member Munchkin

• Producers
  • 84 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 10:12 PM

View PostRyGuy, on Feb 26 2007, 09:05 PM, said:

It doesn't need to be in C:\ you just need to search for that kickstart file after you try to start it up which it does automatically.

But umm, I'm getting an error. The program just crashes at r_init init the refresh daemon.

Delete that folder and Please install the folder to C:\, then see if that works. If it doesn't, I'll see what I can do. The pack was not meant to be switched around like this.

Posted Image
LIFE IN A NUTSHELL

Marvel Super Heroes
Sonic Robo Blast 2

#7 RyGuy

RyGuy

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 01:19 AM

No can do, C:\ is for Windows only seeing as it is rather small(the HDD)... I've come to the conclusion that it's doom1.wad and doom.wad that are causing issues. Not to mention in game the sounds are rather fuzzy, as in static, white noise. Anyway to maybe up their quality and fix that?
IPB Image

#8 SpiDoL

SpiDoL

Member Munchkin

• Producers
  • 84 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 08:10 AM

View PostRyGuy, on Feb 27 2007, 01:19 AM, said:

No can do, C:\ is for Windows only seeing as it is rather small(the HDD)... I've come to the conclusion that it's doom1.wad and doom.wad that are causing issues. Not to mention in game the sounds are rather fuzzy, as in static, white noise. Anyway to maybe up their quality and fix that?

First of all, what system are you running? If it's a low-end system, that's probably what's causing it.

EDIT:
You must have a bad computer. Because I tried it at my local library's computers, and it works great. It NEEDS to be in C:\ though, otherwise you won't get all the features of the pack.

Tell you what. I forgot to post the System Requirements, so here they are:
Requirements:
* Pentium 166 (or equivalent) with 64Mb of RAM
* Windows 98 (or newer)
* DirectX 8 (or newer)
* A display adapter capable of 3D hardware acceleration

And in the launcher, I'll let you go into the Graphics tab and change the resolution, because I did have it set pretty high. But please don't change anything else, because I worked hard to get everything looking the way it is.

Posted Image
LIFE IN A NUTSHELL

Marvel Super Heroes
Sonic Robo Blast 2

#9 RyGuy

RyGuy

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 06:42 PM

Listen! I'm telling you it does not need to be in C:\! I can honestly say that because it DOES work outside of it. And my computer very well surpasses the minimum and recommended requirements. Pentium 3 1.8Ghz, 512MB RAM, 128MB Video RAM on an Ati 9800. Now, for some reason or another I didn't see the drop down box up top. As long as I have the correct .wad with the correct category from the drop down box, it works fine. The music is still a little fuzzy, anyway I can replace is with the original .mid songs? I like them and the fuzz bothers me.
IPB Image

#10 SpiDoL

SpiDoL

Member Munchkin

• Producers
  • 84 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 07:26 PM

View PostRyGuy, on Feb 27 2007, 06:42 PM, said:

Listen! I'm telling you it does not need to be in C:\! I can honestly say that because it DOES work outside of it. And my computer very well surpasses the minimum and recommended requirements. Pentium 3 1.8Ghz, 512MB RAM, 128MB Video RAM on an Ati 9800. Now, for some reason or another I didn't see the drop down box up top. As long as I have the correct .wad with the correct category from the drop down box, it works fine. The music is still a little fuzzy, anyway I can replace is with the original .mid songs? I like them and the fuzz bothers me.

All right. To turn off the High-Quality Music, go into the Addons tab, and turn off Sycraft's Soundtrack. Then you have MIDI music back.

The reason I wanted it in C:\ was because if it wasn't, it wouldn't read the High-Quality Sound WADs instantly. Now you have to go into the WADs tab and fish for it yourself. It's in "Doomsday\Data\Jdoom\64Sounds.wad".

I already have the pack set for the best quality and performance, but if you experience problems, come to me and I'll tell you what to disable. But from now on, please don't disable anything unless it's absolutely necessary, like in RyGuy's situation.

Posted Image
LIFE IN A NUTSHELL

Marvel Super Heroes
Sonic Robo Blast 2

#11 SpiDoL

SpiDoL

Member Munchkin

• Producers
  • 84 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 03:03 PM

So when will this and DOOM 64 be reviewed and posted on the main site?

Posted Image
LIFE IN A NUTSHELL

Marvel Super Heroes
Sonic Robo Blast 2

#12 Frodo

Frodo

Your neck looks very... tasty!

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 03:32 PM

View PostSpiDoL, on Feb 28 2007, 03:03 PM, said:

So when will this and DOOM 64 be reviewed and posted on the main site?

Someone has to play through the game first, and take screenshots etc.  It takes time.   :)
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#13 RyGuy

RyGuy

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 04:07 PM

I could take some screen shots for this if you guys don't mind them coming without a review.
IPB Image

#14 SpiDoL

SpiDoL

Member Munchkin

• Producers
  • 84 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 06:13 PM

View PostRyGuy, on Feb 28 2007, 04:07 PM, said:

I could take some screen shots for this if you guys don't mind them coming without a review.

Sure. Could you take some for DOOM 64 as well?

Posted Image
LIFE IN A NUTSHELL

Marvel Super Heroes
Sonic Robo Blast 2

#15 RyGuy

RyGuy

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 10:51 PM

To be honest I don't have any interest in it because I never played that version but I'll take a look and maybe if I like it I'll take some for you.
IPB Image