DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2013 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 04:20 PM

nice list ^^

Posted Image
For all you artists here... and we have enough. Please draw me something :D Click Here. If possible include your nick. A simple Test. dunno of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!2

#17 Eagle of Fire

Eagle of Fire

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 01:23 AM

If it took you 10 minutes to fully download a map, drop the game anyways. You'll never have fun, your connection is way too low.
"I am on a hot streak... Literally"

#18 Iendicis

Iendicis

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 02:44 AM

View PostEagle of Fire, on May 7 2007, 08:23 PM, said:

If it took you 10 minutes to fully download a map, drop the game anyways. You'll never have fun, your connection is way too low.
When I got into the game, it didn't lag at all. It just downloaded maps slow, but once in the game, smooth as a bell. I play a lot of games online, but that long is too long. :P
I have been informed that today is, in fact, opposite day, and what you've written there is absolutely true so you should probably just go.
Rabbleous rabblerousers. Christ on a bike. Quite naturally people took you for a lunatic. Your only salvation now is complete rest.

#19 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 07:39 AM

Can't recall what game did the same to me... Could have been Alien vs. Predator 2. If it was, loss was insignificant, as AvP2's multilplayer wasn't much fun...
...70 years... LOL

#20 Eagle of Fire

Eagle of Fire

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 04:58 AM

Well, it really depends how "long" is the "long" you are refering about.

If you mean something like 30 seconds to a minute, you are really whining for nothing. Especially since you only have to download the map once for each node, and once more every time it change. Which, in the case of Trench Wars... Is never except for the special event maps. Like for Christmas, for example.

Which, incidentaly, might be why it took you so long to download a map. Event maps are always heavy since they're on for the show.

I know that you said 10 minutes in your post above, but I don't beleive you. The max I ever waited for a map download is one or two minutes top. For those above mentioned heavy maps...
"I am on a hot streak... Literally"

#21 Frodo

Frodo

Your neck looks very... tasty!

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 12:39 PM

Fiend is a really good game - it really makes me jump at times.  
And the lighting effects are amazing.     :P
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#22 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 01:24 PM

EoF, at least I was speaking about 20 minutes to an hour "long".
...70 years... LOL

#23 Iendicis

Iendicis

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 10:37 PM

View PostEagle of Fire, on May 8 2007, 11:58 PM, said:

I know that you said 10 minutes in your post above, but I don't beleive you. The max I ever waited for a map download is one or two minutes top. For those above mentioned heavy maps...
I'm talking five minutes, and I have a cable internet connection. It is around 54 mbps, which isn't too bad. :P When I'm downloading files, it's like 54 kbps, though, so whatever. It still shouldn't take 5 minutes to give me a boring, uneventful map. Something was definitely amiss.

Anyway, someone else mentioned Cloud, and I would have remembered it if it had worked better for me. Great game, a little weak on the gameplay but one work of art, as far as I'm concerned.
I have been informed that today is, in fact, opposite day, and what you've written there is absolutely true so you should probably just go.
Rabbleous rabblerousers. Christ on a bike. Quite naturally people took you for a lunatic. Your only salvation now is complete rest.

Reply to this topic