Best Topics Ever: Aywanez Splenda Women PICKLEWESSEL Signs OMG

#32 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 07:35 PM

Heh Karnov what memories that brings me back, such a quirky character, got to give another mention to Grim Fandango, one of the few 3-D adventure games that got the concept right and had an excellent story with superb voice acting. :ok:

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#33 MdaG

MdaG

AR-coholic

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 07:48 PM

Mine, I consider some series as one long game.
  • Revelation (Myst IV)
  • Wing Commander series
  • Fallout series
  • The dig
  • Homeworld series

#34 Sinke

Sinke

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 08:19 PM

Oh yeah, "Enforcer". Did that thing got out at all?
One can always get mocked for being polite.

#35 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 08:28 PM

Yeah it did.

Knight of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!21

#36 Sinke

Sinke

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 09:37 PM

I guess one more to prove the point.

#37 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4277 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 09:32 AM

Guess I'll have to add UFO to my list too. Surprisingly I never found TftD disappointment, though it obviously should be. It fixed those few little things I wanted and brought in - not too well done, admitted - new atmoshpere. One thing I especially loved were ships! That fear...

Another I must mention, missing from my list: Alien vs. Predator. Both ones. They both scared the guano out of me and I within few weeks reinstalled AvP2... Still scared of every shadow! :ok:
...70 years... LOL

#38 Potatoe

Potatoe

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1487 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 02:53 PM

View PostJuni Ori, on Sep 29 2006, 09:32 AM, said:

Guess I'll have to add UFO to my list too. Surprisingly I never found TftD disappointment, though it obviously should be. It fixed those few little things I wanted and brought in - not too well done, admitted - new atmoshpere. One thing I especially loved were ships! That fear...

Another I must mention, missing from my list: Alien vs. Predator. Both ones. They both scared the guano out of me and I within few weeks reinstalled AvP2... Still scared of every shadow! :ok:
AvP2 rules. Most terryfying was the part where you have to walk through the eggs that are active and the facehuggers are running after you. That really got me worked up. :max:

#39 Sinke

Sinke

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 03:20 PM

I think every game with "Aliens" was at least playable. The worst was probably Alien 3 for 16-bit consoles- because it had huge levels but you could access map only through terminals which were very rare.

AvP the movie was worst garbage. The guy probably played too much games and didn't read at all about directing , not to mention scriptwriting.

#40 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 03:32 PM

I don't know about that, Alien 3 was actually a pretty good all around action game, did come out a time when there was a lot of that sort of game, would nominate the nes version preferably of Alien 3 which wasn't that great.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#41 Sabreman

Sabreman

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 04:20 PM

Does anyone remember Alien on the Spectrum? Really basic-looking stuff, but a game that is right up there with the most atmospheric and tense things I've ever played. I remember not expecting much of it at all but becoming completely addicted - playing it over and over for hours.

Something else that's creeping it's way up my favourites is Space Rangers 2. All these years I've been looking for a great space combat game, since my childhood obsession with Elite I've needed something to fill the gap. I've been through the X games, Freespace 2, Freelancer, Darkstar One (very disappointing), and yet this wacky top-down, turn-based effort has completely won me over.

#42 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 04:47 PM

There was a really terrible Alien game released awhile ago, it was basicly Pac-Man with a little Ripley instead of the Pac, and a bunch of weird Aliens replacing the ghosts.

#43 Potatoe

Potatoe

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1487 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 05:55 PM

View PostSinke, on Sep 29 2006, 03:20 PM, said:

I think every game with "Aliens" was at least playable. The worst was probably Alien 3 for 16-bit consoles- because it had huge levels but you could access map only through terminals which were very rare.

AvP the movie was worst garbage. The guy probably played too much games and didn't read at all about directing , not to mention scriptwriting.
The horror continues: AvP2: Movie, seriously.. That ending was calling for a sequal and they released the script sometime ago, if I remember correctly the predetor ship drops into Texas..

#44 Sinke

Sinke

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 06:25 PM

I remember C64 version of "Aliens" based on a movie ( which deserved a lot more awards then it got, as well as "Green mile" )

"Aliens" game was ahead of it's time concerning graphics, and it had such smooth animated soldiers that they seemed like cartoon characters.  The suspense was fantastic, and I dare to say it is one of the greatest games I played. The game could easly surpass many of today's titles and it is really a classic from the "era of the crash".  

Aliens had many games, and they had movies which survived four sequels without losing the touch. Even the worst movie ( III was considered worst "Alien" ) was better than many other alien-monster themed titles.

I consider AvP fanfiction.
A very bad fanfiction.

#45 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 07:18 PM

Ressurection was actually considered the worst :ok:

And if you ask most of the diehard Alien fans, they say number three is highly underrated, it just suffered from poor editing.

Reply to this topic