69 replies to this topic

#1 RyGuy

RyGuy

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 03:39 AM

A while back I got Deus Ex: Game of The Year Edition. It came free along with 3 or so other games from Computer Gaming Magazine. But I just found a link to download it so I suppose it is freeware or abandonware. If it isn't well then that just means we can't put it up on the site :angel: .Anyway, for those of you looking for a stroll down memory lane, or up for some good fps/rpg action take a look. Also, online play is so much fun.

Deus Ex  :lol:

Edit: I was installing it when I posted that. Turns out it's a demo and I can't find that cd... But you can register using a cd key.  :)
IPB Image

#2 Sean

Sean

Just call me Mr. Magic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 11:33 AM

We dont support warez. If you have a legal copy check out HDTP and TNM.
Me>You

#3 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2953 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 05:52 PM

Definitely not abandonware. Moving to the right forum.
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.

#4 Tulac

Tulac

The Great Red Lemur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1546 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 06:30 PM

BeefontheBone, on Jan 21 2006, 06:52 PM, said:

Definitely not abandonware.
You meant freeware?

DakaSha:if you go into a kindergarden and give all the kids rubber schlongs they will prob just hit each other over the head with them
DakaSha:and you have a class of little kids hitting eachother with rubber dongs which must be quite funny (also Picklweasel knight I am)

#5 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 06:49 PM

Yeah freeware and even if that version did somehow manage to work there's a little surprise ion storm left for copiers of Deus Ex who think they can be smart and not buy the game. :)

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#6 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • 2953 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 07:07 PM

Tulac, on Jan 21 2006, 07:30 PM, said:

BeefontheBone, on Jan 21 2006, 06:52 PM, said:

Definitely not abandonware.
You meant freeware?
Either - the OP seemed to be under the initial impression it was freely available somehow.
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

#7 JimmyJ

JimmyJ

Daily Denizen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 10:08 PM

whats the little surprise???

#8 Sean

Sean

Just call me Mr. Magic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 10:14 PM

Yeh, I'd be eager to find out the answer to that question.

It'd make me happier when thinking about the fact that I spent money on the sequel :)
Me>You

#9 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 08:08 AM

Well I guess there is no harm saying what the surprise is, actually is quite funny you see people who burn the game what ends up happening on most copies, is that the infolink message won't disappear like it should, so number 1 you can't save or do anything as a result till the infolink message is gone, or number 2 when you finish with all the liberty city missions and to advance to the city, people with burnt copies can't get on the boat, so they are stuck again, a nice way to deter the pirates. :)

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#10 Aldaron

Aldaron

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 08:38 PM

UUU yeah Deus Ex was a game I played for hours non stop. Brings memories....

#11 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 09:25 PM

Definitely one of the best games that has come out in the last 6 years.  :)

#12 RyGuy

RyGuy

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 02:03 AM

I do have a legal copy. And I actually found the cd it was on  :angel: . So yeah, I'd be playin' it this second, but my damn DVD drive is stuck. And because it is on a DVD, not a CD, I can't play. I might be able to stick it on my brother's computer then send it to mine and get a no cd fix.(Also perfectly legal as long as you own it) But yeah, Deus Ex is definitly a good game. And sorry about stickin it in requests. At first I thought it was abandoned so yeah. But if anyone knows how to pry open a DVD drive, PM me or post it. :)

- I said yeah, a lot!
IPB Image

#13 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • 2953 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 09:06 AM

FWIW, CD cracks and no-CD fixes not released by the developers are NOT "legal so long as you own the game" - that's a complete myth. The only thing you're allowed to do is make a single backup copy at a time in case your CD is damaged.
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)

#14 RyGuy

RyGuy

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 04:31 PM

It isn't legal!? Damn, can never trust anything on websites these days... Well I guess I'll just have to pry the thing open. Thanks for lettin' me know about that though. I really did think it was legal.
IPB Image

#15 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 05:51 PM

Yup you can never believe everything you see on the net now a days like the 24hr rule for roms example, not true at all.

Back to Your Favorite Games & Commercial Software

Reply to this topic