#1 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 11:36 AM

Posted Image

Nuke Wars

I've decided to once again, get back into browser game development. My most successful creation was Crimelife. It was based off of the GRPG script, and suffered from multiple bugs. I managed to fix most of them. Even though the site was hosted on free hosting, it was successful to me. With over 200 players, and many of them ACTUALLY active.

However, when I did decide to jump back into the "business" before college in January, I knew the mafia market was saturated. Dear lord.. there are so many mafia games. Most of them failures sadly. So after some thought, I came up with a genre most "tired mafiosos" could enjoy. Something to implement with Facebook, and something I hadn't seen on Facebook. Nuclear Wars was born.
I had many different ideas for a name. But Nuclear Wars sounds like Mafia Wars, Vampire Wars, etc.

The game will include many of the features of mafia RPG's. Crimes, jobs, etc. But all of it with the post-apocalyptic theme. Want to beat the crap out of a mutant dragon? Maybe hunt down a skunk for the butcher? It's all in the crimes section. You can also work your way up through a mafia family, government agency, or become a hired gun in the jobs section.

No.. this isn't some n00bie creating a game. I've done it already.. it has to be deep. And even before posting this, I made sure at least 40% of the crimes/jobs/etc were done. Don't forget all the houses/stores to purchase, and the ability to buy/sell drugs. The risk taker can also use a drug.. but all things come at a cost.  :ok:

Overall, a list of features:

Play on Facebook (Either through API log in, or possible iFrame)
Commit crimes or quests
Get a job with the mafia, work your way up through the government, or work as an independent hitman
Find true love in the wasteland, and get married
Start your own gang
Engage in Gang Wars
Build up your stats by fighting FightBot NPC's in the Battle Tent
Explore the city and buy from different shops
Buy or collect drugs either to sell, or use. But be careful.. drugs do have side-effects
Chat, ask questions, and roleplay in the built-in forum
Part of the Abandonia Reloaded (Reloaded.org) freeware gaming community

And now for the cheesy TV-type intro:

Coming October 2010
A new online browser game that takes you into the future.. into a land where money and strength determine who wins at life. Earth has been destroyed.. and only a few cities remain. You awaken from the rubble.. tired, and hungry. Your future is on your hands. Welcome to a post-apocalyptic Las Vegas. Watch your back.

More Information:

This game will be hosted on free hosting (without ads) and will use a .TK address. Believe me.. I don't have the funds at the moment to afford a domain. And for the record, you don't need paid hosting to make a good game. My old game Crimelife proves that. As for the release, probably in October. Unless I can finish this month. As stated, with college in January, I want to enjoy my freedom now.. and make an awesome game. Btw.. yes I stole the banner image from Fallout 3. I don't have any talented graphic friends. So it stays for now. :)

Comments welcome. Screenshots coming soon.

#2 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 08:27 PM

Alright, here are the screenshots. Right now, I'm using free layouts. But I do plan on upgrading in the future. I only wanted something dark and functional through the beta.

Login page: http://i51.tinypic.com/dh8y74.png

Screenshot 1: http://i51.tinypic.com/21kjtpw.png

Screenshot 2: http://i56.tinypic.com/1zdopw0.png

Screenshot 3: http://i55.tinypic.com/2lkth5j.png

#3 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 06:33 AM

Presenting our teaser website, with the official domain of Nuke Wars.

http://nukewars.tk/

Also online, our brand new Facebook page. Be sure to "Like" us! :ok:

Facebook

#4 Frodo

Frodo

Your neck looks very... tasty!

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 07:53 AM

Those screenshots are looking good.   :ok:
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#5 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 08:42 AM

Beta testing has begun.

To do list:
-Marriage system
-Live chat or shoutbox
-Extra mods
-Etc

#6 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 08:09 PM

The beta testing now opens to the public. The game is pretty much complete, aside from fixing bugs etc.

Have fun, and be sure to leave comments in the shoutbox, and the forum.

Nuke Wars
If the redirection service is slow, use this direct link.

#7 Frodo

Frodo

Your neck looks very... tasty!

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 10:01 PM

Watch out, public.    :ok:
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#8 ithilienranger

ithilienranger

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 09:09 PM

Is there a way to be a lawman?

#9 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 09:27 PM

Not yet. But I may add a feature. :ok:

#10 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 07:31 PM

Nuke Wars has been shut down.

Making way for other.. "better" projects.

#11 ithilienranger

ithilienranger

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 04:33 PM

View PostNick, on 26 October 2010 - 07:31 PM, said:

Nuke Wars has been shut down.

Making way for other.. "better" projects.
Darn it! :) I was hoping something would come out of this. Anyways, I think you should actually stick to a project. You seem to switch projects too often. I can help make games if you want. :ok:

#12 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 07:29 PM

None of my projects are successful.. and that comes down to the free hosting issue. I can't afford proper hosting.

Hence why if I'm going to start a new project, it would likely be some kind of offline game.. maybe an RPG.