77 replies to this topic

#31 Kon-Tiki

Kon-Tiki

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 09:01 PM

Pixel's also made Ika-chan, a game 'bout a squid, but sadly enough, that one's not translated to English. Got the Japanese version of it, though, if you want. You won't understand as much from it as Doukutsu, though.

#32 Handless

Handless

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 11:23 PM

If i would rate this game in your ratesystem, i would give it a 6.

#33 The Hunterminator

The Hunterminator

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 03:45 AM

This game is extremely good by professionnal standards. Considering that it's freeware, it's just plain awe inspiring.

I have a question though, I kept looking for and haven't found a way to get Curly out of the core's room. True, I have yet to play the game a second time (I beat it a few minutes ago) but I'd really like to save her this time. Is there anything important to do beforehand?

#34 Solarjetman

Solarjetman

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 11:15 AM

Hints for the hunterminator:

1. Avoid Dr. Booster
2. Seach the debris in the core before speaking to curly

The rest is more complicated but make sure you take a rest at the house halfway through the waterway....

#35 Handless

Handless

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 02:40 PM

The small people at the outer wall miss their daddy. Find him in the cemetry of mimiga village. If ya got him home, donīt take the nemesis weapon. Level 1 is a powerful machine-gun clone, level 2not as powerful as 1, BUT in Level 3 you shoot sweet little chicks, as powerful as a handful pudding.

#36 The Hunterminator

The Hunterminator

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 02:59 AM

Thanks people. The jump necessary to achieve number one was annoying though. At least, until I figured out what the red spot was for anyway. I'm soon going to enter the last cave and if I'm not mistaken, I'm in for a ride. :)
/\
|
|
|
Lurker

#37 Nosferrath

Nosferrath

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 08:22 PM

Yo ! I played this game 3 times but I wasn't able to find the spur or the snake. Where are they  ?

#38 The Hunterminator

The Hunterminator

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 11:11 PM

Bluntly put, the first gun can be traded for EITHER the machine gun, the snake, or the spur in that order in the game. Keeping it all the way to the spur may be a bit of a challenge, but the spur is well worth it. As for the snake, never tried it. As for where you get them, I think it's easy to figure out on your own especially after playing three times.
/\
|
|
|
Lurker

#39 Nosferrath

Nosferrath

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 May 2005 - 01:52 PM

Ok. Thanks loads. :)

#40 Aureliano

Aureliano

Daily Denizen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 21 May 2005 - 07:28 PM

Handless, on May 17 2005, 02:40 PM, said:

The small people at the outer wall miss their daddy. Find him in the cemetry of mimiga village. If ya got him home, donīt take the nemesis weapon. Level 1 is a powerful machine-gun clone, level 2not as powerful as 1, BUT in Level 3 you shoot sweet little chicks, as powerful as a handful pudding.
Nemesis is actually invaluable in the last level. How so ? Because Curly can use it and stay at level 1 forever. That makes for a robot tag-team with Spur/Chaingun and Nemesis, now who's your daddy ?
I don't know but I've been told
Deirdre's got a Network Node
Likes to press the on/off switch
Dig that crazy Gaian witch !

- Spartan troup song -

#41 Aureliano

Aureliano

Daily Denizen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 21 May 2005 - 07:34 PM

Solarjetman, on May 13 2005, 12:49 PM, said:

Interested to hear opinions on the Bubble and the Nemesis.
Nemesis is awfull except if you want a real freakin' challenge dodging boons, but like I said earlier, is critical for Heaven's doors.

Bubbler is more or less crappy unless you get it to level 3 in which it makes an interesting choice of second hand weapon (like, you switch from time to time). I never use it tho, since I'm a Spur lover at heart (megaman player, so of course...)

- Spartan troup song -

#42 SuperCheese

SuperCheese

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 08:08 PM

I need help... SPOILERS

I'm at the secret part of the game, I make it past the first part fine with the big boss... but now i'm stuck with the boss at the throne.... any tips or possible save points(which i doubt ) :)

#43 Aureliano

Aureliano

Daily Denizen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 03:42 PM

SuperCheese, on May 22 2005, 08:08 PM, said:

I need help... SPOILERS

I'm at the secret part of the game, I make it past the first part fine with the big boss... but now i'm stuck with the boss at the throne.... any tips or possible save points(which i doubt ) :)
No save points.

Here's a tip : try not to lose health.

If you have a more specific problem, there'll maybe be a more specific answer.

- Spartan troup song -

#44 The Hunterminator

The Hunterminator

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 02:39 AM

SuperCheese, on May 22 2005, 08:08 PM, said:

*******Big bad spoiler*******

Well, that would depend on which part of the boss you have trouble with since he changes way of fighting many times.

The first part is mostly a case of using the booster to zoom over him, and then boost under him. That way, when he rises/falls to try to hit you, you're already out of the way.

2nd part is easy enough, just shoot him and dodge the lighting.

Second form, just boost under him, boost under him again, boost under him a third time (Except the first time, he jumps only twice) and then, boost up and shoot a spur shot through both eyes for intense damage. Here's a spot where having good aim is very useful.

Third form... shoot the eyes and slip between them to avoid being roled over. Don't forget the skulls when he goes over you.

Last form, I suck at him so I use that healing thing Jenka gives you when I'm too hurt and the rest of the time, I shoot at him as much as I can.

/\
|
|
|
Lurker

#45 Half

Half

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 06:34 AM

the sound realy great but i have a problem making it work...

when i open the EXE file its giving me a wierd gibrish msg... look:

http://img346.images...untitled5mj.jpg

i want to play the game and dont know whats wrong...

if there were any mistakes i appologise. my english isnt so good since its not my natine languge.

plz help...

Reply to this topic