#31 Aristharus

Aristharus

Daily Denizen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 05:46 AM

Sean, on Apr 24 2006, 07:36 PM, said:

I'm sure you'll enjoy your new home, I do. It's great here, I hope you get involved with us quickly.
I have a feeling I will..

This discussion has gone a bit off-topic a couple of times (although there hardly is a topic for it) and still no one has freaked out about it. Cool...

No offense to the Abandonian moderators, but I've felt for quite a while people are too strict about going off-topic there. There's one post about a subject slightly different from the one of the topic, and instantly someone is complaining.. Occasionally makes it pretty hard to really "discuss" anything. I don't think a post or two (or three) about a different subject really disturbs anyone that much. Of course you shouldn't let people hijack other people's threads, but just a couple of posts are harmless. They may just make the conversation more interesting sometimes.
What is it about a beautiful sunny afternoon, with the birds singing and the wind rustling through the leaves, that makes you want to get drunk?

#32 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4277 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 05:54 AM

Well, it's kind of nice to hear if you like our work better, but remember that we have a lot less work to do and we have less lot moderators, so coordination is much more easier. Of course we are growing site and recently our activity has been growing from the silent winter months rapidly, but if we work together and patrons help on their behalf building this nice site, I'm sure we will make it!
...70 years... LOL

#33 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • 2953 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 08:50 AM

I got a warn on AB once for "thread hijacking" when I made a daft joke and 3 other people ran with it (probably because it was more interesting than the original topic...)

Incidentally, welcome aboard - don't think I ever got round to posting in here yet!
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.

#34 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6304 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 08:56 AM

Well, but then again, as Juni said, it's much more difficult to manage a forum that actually is full of potential thread-hijackers. Mods on AB probably have a busier life than we have at the moment, partly because the more belligerent people tend to be attracted to AB rather than AR (more things happening and therefore more potential for causing trouble) and because our forum is still manageable in size. I mean, so far we haven't even needed to implement a report button yet, and AB probably couldn't do without them anymore...:ok:

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#35 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 09:03 AM

Yeah, usually my crew memberness appears only in showing good example, (well, I've never said I always succeed in it! :( ) and every now and then I have to edit that list-of-games-to-be-reviewed! I can't even remember have I ever edited anyone's postings... :ok:
...70 years... LOL

#36 Aristharus

Aristharus

Daily Denizen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 09:36 AM

Exactly. I understand the reason for the differences, but good reason or not, it's still a difference. And I like smaller communities more anyway, for other reasons too. Abandonia's getting a little too big. Reloaded has many of the Abandonian regulars but much less of the other occasional visitors and other people that make the community (IMO) too big and somehow less interesting.

EDIT: That sounded a bit too negative..

Abandonia's a fine community too, of course, but one of a different kind. At the moment Reloaded feels to have more of the close and personal feeling Abandonia had when I found it. Reloaded might be a bit slow compared to Abandonia, though. It's good to have them both. AB and AR make each other more complete, or something else as cheesy.. :ok:
What is it about a beautiful sunny afternoon, with the birds singing and the wind rustling through the leaves, that makes you want to get drunk?

#37 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 09:38 AM

I hear you, loud and clear. Exactly my thoughts also. Though there are times I hope here would be a little more activity. But! Signs are good and have been for some time now. And we are growing, slowly, but steadily... :ok:
...70 years... LOL

#38 Aristharus

Aristharus

Daily Denizen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 09:43 AM

If Reloaded grows too fast, soon someone will have to make a third site for all the people who think AR is too big. :ok:

#39 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • 2784 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 10:57 AM

We could try to make forums for AW (abandonwave) and AA (Abandonia Archive) when we finally finish them. :ok:

Yo!

#40 Maikel

Maikel

You dog!

• Reloaded Crew
  • 162 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 12:05 PM

Tom Henrik, on Apr 25 2006, 10:57 AM, said:

We could try to make forums for AW (abandonwave) and AA (Abandonia Archive) when we finally finish them. :(
Yeah, then you can be certain it will be REALLY small communities :kosta:

It's Abandonia Frequency btw, not abandonwave  :ok:

#41 Tulac

Tulac

The Great Red Lemur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1546 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 12:37 PM

Aristharus, on Apr 25 2006, 10:36 AM, said:

Reloaded has many of the Abandonian regulars but much less of the other occasional visitors and other people that make the community (IMO) too big and somehow less interesting.
There's also a downside to that, per say when the only active topic is "Juni's Finnish lessons" :ok: :(

DakaSha:if you go into a kindergarden and give all the kids rubber schlongs they will prob just hit each other over the head with them
DakaSha:and you have a class of little kids hitting eachother with rubber dongs which must be quite funny (also Picklweasel knight I am)

#42 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 12:59 PM

* :ok: Tulac* You're just jealous! :(
...70 years... LOL

#43 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 01:14 PM

Nothing's stopping you from starting a thread called "7ul4('5 1337 (r047l4/l/ l_3550/l/", you know...:ok:

#44 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 01:15 PM

I don't know if many eyes could take such a thread *cringes at the thought* :ok:

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#45 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 01:30 PM

Hmm, maybe we should introduce a forum rule outlawing 3l<53551\/3 u53 0l= 1337-5p34l<...:ok: That way we'd be on the safe side.