41 replies to this topic

#1 DakaSha

DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2013 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 12:26 PM

I just wanted to know what the deal is with Abandonia. Now they have "King of Chicago" up... its freeware. And also Nethack, Rockstar and im sure a couple more. (And ADoM's in the text based section :P)

It's not like the world is going to end but wasn't the idea that Abandonia has Abandonware and Reloaded has the freeware?

Just wanted to know whats up and mabye cause enough of a rebellion to have the freeware on Abandonia moved to this site (which is my suggestion).

edit: call it patrioism or something

edit again: ok i guess the title wasn't politicaly correct ey? :D

edit again again: heh ok a nice compromise :blink:

Posted Image
For all you artists here... and we have enough. Please draw me something :D Click Here. If possible include your nick. A simple Test. dunno of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!2

#2 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6304 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 12:52 PM

*sigh* Well, ideally, freeware should go on Reloaded, but there have been a couple of misunderstandings. Let's just hope this finally gets sorted out for good. Rebellions aren't going to solve the problem, though.

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#3 Sean

Sean

Just call me Mr. Magic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 01:40 PM

Those games were added to Abandonia before Reloaded launched as far as I know. Isn't 5DAS/7DAS on Abandonia also?
Me>You

#4 DakaSha

DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • 2013 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 01:43 PM

king of chicago was added this week. (and nethack came long after reloaded also)

@raffles
rebellions always solve the problem! :blink:

Posted Image
For all you artists here... and we have enough. Please draw me something :D Click Here. If possible include your nick. A simple Test. dunno of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!2

#5 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 02:54 PM

Sean, on Feb 5 2006, 01:40 PM, said:

Those games were added to Abandonia before Reloaded launched as far as I know. Isn't 5DAS/7DAS on Abandonia also?
Daka is thinking of the freeware games added considerably after the launch of AR (NetHack, Donald Duck's Playground and a few others).

#6 Sean

Sean

Just call me Mr. Magic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 04:55 PM

In that case....

What's up with that?
Me>You

#7 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 05:50 PM

Misunderstandings apparently but the issue has been raised and hopefully this is the last time we will hear about it.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#8 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • 2784 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 03:45 AM

Misunderstandings will allways happen, but we try to keep them at a minimum. As for ADOM, that was added to AB long before AR was even on the drawingboard. Same with 5 Days a Stranger, 7 Days a Sceptic, Oden Todo Fish, Grand Theft Auto, Final Fantasy - Endless Nova, Beneath a Steel Sky, Lure of the Temptress, Enclosure, Cirque de Zale, The Black Cauldron, Castle Wolfenstein, Defender of the Crown, Dink Smallwood, The Elder Scrolls - Arena, Flight of the Amazon Queen, The Fool's Errand, Frederik Pohl's Gateway, Head over Heels, It Came From the Desert, Ken's Labyrinth, King's Quest 1: Quest for the Crown, King's Quest 2: Romancing the Stones, Maniac Mansion Deluxe, One Must Fall: 2097, Trust and Betrayal: The Legacy of Siboot, UFO 2000 and Wings of Fury (Remake).

That was the reason why we created this site in the first place, because AB was getting a lot of freeware games and we wanted to give them the showcasing they deserved.

But there will still be mishaps in the future, as the system is depending on human decisions. Wherever humans are involved, things will go wrong :blink:

Yo!

#9 Sean

Sean

Just call me Mr. Magic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 08:07 PM

Not if you oversee things, you admin guys and girls are super human :blink:

One question I have is why don't we just pull the games from Ol Abbie?
Me>You

#10 DakaSha

DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • 2013 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 08:14 PM

thats why i opend the thread :blink:

Posted Image

#11 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 08:31 PM

Because unless I'm very much mistaken, Kosta wouldn't want that. The best we can do is AR-ify those reviews (make new screenshots, find and add producer information, etc) and replace the AB download link with a link to Reloaded. This will take time, though, so it can't be done just like that, especially since people are expecting NEW updates and not updates they saw go up on AB several months ago...

#12 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • 2953 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 08:33 PM

I think it'd be nice, if possible, for us to add those games but not as part of the regular updates schedule, for that reason - it would require the crew to do the reviews, screenies etc though, which might mean it takes a while since we've all got plenty on our plates already.
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.

#13 Sean

Sean

Just call me Mr. Magic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 10:20 PM

BeefontheBone, on Feb 9 2006, 08:33 PM, said:

I think it'd be nice, if possible, for us to add those games but not as part of the regular updates schedule, for that reason - it would require the crew to do the reviews, screenies etc though, which might mean it takes a while since we've all got plenty on our plates already.
Why the crew?

People like me that do the odd review (3 for reloaded, 4/5 for Abbie) would most likely be available if approached. If I can help in anyway contact me. :blink:
Me>You

#14 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 10:52 PM

Well, sounds good to me.:blink: Here's a list of the freeware games added to AB after the launch of AR (I assume the others were all added when the site was opened).
  • Buzz Aldrin's Race Into Space
  • Diamond Ball
  • Donald Duck's Playground
  • Ford Simulator (which apparently isn't actually a game)
  • King of Chicago
  • Mine Bombers
  • NetHack - I bet Daka wants this one :P
  • Sopwith
We'd still need to get the producer information, though.

Edited by A. J. Raffles, 09 February 2006 - 11:27 PM.

#15 Sean

Sean

Just call me Mr. Magic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 11:03 PM

Whats needed for each.

Screens
Thumbs
Producer information