#76 michael_gry

michael_gry

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 08:45 PM

greetings from camp taji, iraq

I haven't been very active lately.  The Army bans this site during daytime hours and I have started working nightshift.  I am working on some new stuff, though although of distinctly military subject matter (due to my current situation).  If anybody is curious as to what it is like out here just ask.  There are some things I can't talk about, of course, but ....I am still around. :D

#77 _r.u.s.s.

_r.u.s.s.

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 12:07 AM

View Postmichael_gry, on Nov 18 2007, 09:45 PM, said:

The Army bans this site during daytime hours
why would they ban abandonia reloaded? o_O ok i could understand why, but then why the hell only at daytime?
www.abandonia.com < www.reloaded.org
right now :(

#78 michael_gry

michael_gry

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 06:22 AM

My bad,  they actually ban it ALL the time.  They were switching network nannys around (that's why I was able to get through) and now there is a program running that clamps down on everything that deals with games, including this site.  I was able to go to a special morale building to post this reply, but I am stuck like chuck.

Nothing going on around here.  Ask any American Soldier what "groundhog day" means and you get the picture (or just watch the movie with Bill Murray).  3 months in and counting LOL

Drink a couple of beers for me, everyone.  It is mighty dry around here. :P

well, if I can post at a later date I will.  I can still be reached at michael@graycreations.com if anybody wants to correspond.  I am not the most prolific letter writer there is, but I promise to respond.

V/R
Michael
Camp Taji, Iraq
17 Dec 07

#79 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4277 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 07:36 PM

Promised: I'll take couple of beers for you! :P
...70 years... LOL

#80 michael_gry

michael_gry

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 05:22 AM

Attached File  BNPRINT__WORKING__copy.jpg   457.89K   14 downloadsAttached File  mcclain_portrait_sml.jpg   52.16K   14 downloads

howdy.

I'm back, but things seem to be a bit different here.

#81 Frodo

Frodo

Your neck looks very... tasty!

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 07:57 AM

Hey there.  Great drawings.   ^_^

Yeah, the forums have been revamped slightly.   ;)
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#82 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4277 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 12:26 PM

Great works, man! First one seems a bit blurry, but overall I can't criticize much considering how far I'm behind you in arts.
...70 years... LOL

#83 Doubler

Doubler

A regular Llama

• Admin
  • 2740 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 09:46 PM

Welcome back. Your art remains awesome ^_^

Wonderfull sig and avvie by Taikara :D

#84 michael_gry

michael_gry

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 03:30 AM

I updated my website and got rid of some of the earlier portrait work that I didn't like.  Here are a couple that didn't turn out so bad.  still working on my technique, though.

Attached Files

#85 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 04:09 AM

Wow, great job Michael.  ;)

#86 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 06:55 AM

Wow, they are amazing!  I love how you did the eyes and the hair.  

;)
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#87 michael_gry

michael_gry

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 02:25 AM

OK, folks, I have been on vacation for a few weeks and am getting ready to go back to work.  Unfortunately it took over 2 weeks for me to get the urge to draw again and now I have to go back to the grind.  I just finished another portrait and posted it to my website.  I was supposed to retire this month, but unfortunately the Army decided to promote me again and so I got greedy and said I would spend another couple of years in servitude.  I am hoping that a new influx of personnel will allow me to go home on time for a change.  If that is the case then I can start doing commisioned work again.  I am still working on my portraiture and hoping to get good enough to charge more than 40 dollars a pop for my pictures.  Here is the newest.  I have been trying some new techniques and hopefully I will eventually find my groove.

Attached Files

#88 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 07:47 AM

Beautiful!   ;)

She looks lost in thought.   :D

#89 michael_gry

michael_gry

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 12:00 AM

well, this may be my last post for a while.  Work starts tomorrow and I may not have time to complete many more.  If anybody is interested in looking at some of my stuff they can go to graycreations.com and check it out.

Attached Files

#90 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 12:48 AM

Once again, awesome.   :D

I wish you all the best with going back to the army, Michael.  All the best.   ;)