#1 MdaG

MdaG

AR-coholic

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 03:46 PM

Link.
Iji is an action-packed strategic platform shooter with a detailed story, large levels with multiple paths, powerful bosses and lots of secrets. There are alternate gameplay events, dialogues and scenes depending on what you do, a wealth of extras and bonus features, and seven stats to upgrade through a leveling system. Iji herself has superhuman strength and abilities, and can crack Nanotechnology, use her enemies' most devastating weapons against them, and be a pacifist or a killer which changes her mood and the fate of those around her.

Posted Image

#2 Frodo

Frodo

Your neck looks very... tasty!

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 05:19 PM

It's already been requested by Potatoe - http://www.reloaded....?showtopic=9015

Not sure if he's reviewing it or not.   ;)
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#3 _r.u.s.s.

_r.u.s.s.

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 10:44 AM

this is definitely worth checking out guys, the game was fun
www.abandonia.com < www.reloaded.org
right now :(

#4 a1s

a1s

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1167 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 03:34 PM

true. But it has been requested before... and that request is still on the first page too. ;)
Those of you being liberal-art majors � don�t worry, advanced mathematics were largely omitted from this text in concern for your mental health.

QUOTE (Mighty Midget)
if BP has potied on Twilight Zone episode, I will strangle him

secret adept of the PICKALLONWEASEL order

#5 MdaG

MdaG

AR-coholic

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 08:21 PM

Strange, I made a search on "Iji" and came up with nothing.

*edit*
Mystery solved. I never bothered to read the message which said that the query was too short. It's not possible to perform a search on a word less than four letters long.

#6 Potatoe

Potatoe

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1487 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 06:01 PM

I'm not going to review this game, so if anyone else wants it, go right ahead.

#7 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 07:04 PM

That's absoluately fine Potatoe   ;)

MdaG, you up for it?   ;)
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#8 Japofran

Japofran

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 07:10 PM

I completed this game and it was quite good. But there should be more moves, like in Flashback. And the alternative about being a pacifist, besides not making much sense, makes for horrible gameplay. It should change things more. I started to play again and didn't kill a single alien, but when I had to kill the first boss it was all for nothing, so I quit the game. Hopping along place after place infested with aliens without shooting them is not worth it if the only things that change are the cutscenes. The choice could have been grander than killing or not some aliens that fire on you on sight and have just exterminated mankind.

Still it's quite good if you go for killing. One thing I love is how this game brings back those good bosses of old that force you to concentrate on some choreography until you get your chance to hit, just like games such as Ninja Gaiden for SMS and such.
..oO Mustached Crusader of the PEEKOCKSWOOZZLE Order Oo..
"STFU and show me your screenies!!"

#9 Ryan J. Bury

Ryan J. Bury

N00b-a-R00b

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 08:18 PM

...A quick note: this game is beautiful.

The amount of depth, texture and content is wonderful...  And as yet, I've only just completed it for the first time, so there's still a lot more to it that I haven't seen!

Thanks for posting, MdaG. ;)

#10 a1s

a1s

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1167 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 11:27 PM

View PostJapofran, on Oct 5 2008, 07:10 PM, said:

And the alternative about being a pacifist, besides not making much sense, makes for horrible gameplay. It should change things more. I started to play again and didn't kill a single alien, but when I had to kill the first boss it was all for nothing, so I quit the game. Hopping along place after place infested with aliens without shooting them is not worth it if the only things that change are the cutscenes. The choice could have been grander than killing or not some aliens that fire on you on sight and have just exterminated mankind.
First of all the is a difference (albeit small), and if you got to the first boss, you should have seen one of them (I mean the ceasefire on level 3). However I agree that the pacifist mode seems strapped on after that fact, to make that game seem more nonlinear.
Those of you being liberal-art majors � don�t worry, advanced mathematics were largely omitted from this text in concern for your mental health.

QUOTE (Mighty Midget)
if BP has potied on Twilight Zone episode, I will strangle him

secret adept of the PICKALLONWEASEL order

#11 Japofran

Japofran

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 03:34 PM

Hey Frodo,

If nobody will, I could make the review+screenies. Just tell me to go ahead in that case because DD already gave me the login details for Freecol. (If someone else is still interested, say it now.)

View Posta1s, on Oct 8 2008, 01:27 AM, said:

First of all the is a difference (albeit small), and if you got to the first boss, you should have seen one of them (I mean the ceasefire on level 3). However I agree that the pacifist mode seems strapped on after that fact, to make that game seem more nonlinear.
Yeah I got to see that, of course. That's why I was all the more disappointed when after having to kill the first boss I was back to square one, that's when I quit. At first I actually let him just shoot at me while I looked for an alternative exit so I could spare him. Just as you said, this was added a posteriori.

Anyway one can't consider this as a defect, after all the game with the pacifist option must be at least as good as the game with no option. But potentially and ideally it could have been two games in one, a shooter/adventure and an adventure/shooter.

PS: Shouldn't Potatoe's topic and this one be merged?

#12 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 06:00 PM

View PostJapofran, on Oct 8 2008, 04:34 PM, said:

Hey Frodo,

If nobody will, I could make the review+screenies. Just tell me to go ahead in that case because DD already gave me the login details for Freecol. (If someone else is still interested, say it now.)

Please. feel free to make review & screenshots   :D   It will be good to get this game onsite.   ;)

PS: Shouldn't Potatoe's topic and this one be merged?
I can't merge topics in this forum.    ;)

#13 Japofran

Japofran

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 06:11 PM

View PostFrodo, on Oct 8 2008, 08:00 PM, said:

Please. feel free to make review & screenshots   ;)   It will be good to get this game onsite.   ;)
Though so. :D Okies, will do. I'll upload it in a reasonable time (and then I'll PM you), first I'll replay it so I can take good screenies and re-taste it.

#14 Japofran

Japofran

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 11:00 AM

Have you played the vector minigame? (In the sector where assassins first appear, 6 I think.) It's pretty amazing. I haven't beaten it yet and you're encouraged to, do you get something?

Attached File  15.PNG   21.92K   9 downloads

EDIT:

spoilers said:

When you beat it, it just starts over harder. If you quit then, Iji says: "So I beat it once... but I didn't even beat the hard mode. Wait a minute, I don't have time for this anyway!"
L0L

#15 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 02:44 PM

Haven't seen the vector game, so I don't know what happens when you beat it.   ;)

Reply to this topic