8 replies to this topic

#1 GraveDigger

GraveDigger

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 04:03 PM

Hello all, I am quite loaded at Abandonia Forum, but this is my first time post here. So, I'm reloading my firing chambers to shoot here too.  :ok:

Anyhow, infact I am looking for this game and this place seems like the most suitable spot for such a request.

P.S: I have already goodled, yahood, msned all possible places with no success.  :wall:
Fear God and you will have no cause to fear any one.
Proud Member of The Drizzlers ** Senior Moderator at A For Adventure

#2 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6304 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 05:09 PM

An adventure game you haven't been able to track down?:ok: That's going to be tricky...
So what do you know of the game, and how do you know it exists?

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#3 GraveDigger

GraveDigger

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 05:47 PM

I know because once upon a time I downloaded it with my 33.6kb connection, lost it and now, its nowhere to be found.

#4 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 07:13 PM

View PostGraveDigger, on Feb 3 2007, 05:47 PM, said:

I know because once upon a time I downloaded it with my 33.6kb connection, lost it and now, its nowhere to be found.
Erm, it wouldn't be this one by any chance, would it?
link
Edit: No, wait, that's just the trailer. Never mind.:ok: I assume Karl Sjöberg or Mats Forsén can no longer be contacted about it either?:wall:

#5 GraveDigger

GraveDigger

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 04:50 PM

Its really strange, AJRaffles that noone has this freeware.
Hey, are you from Oxford? ;-)

#6 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 05:07 PM

View PostGraveDigger, on Feb 7 2007, 04:50 PM, said:

Its really strange, AJRaffles that noone has this freeware.
Hey, are you from Oxford? ;-)
Not from, but at. Why?

Well, it is a bit strange nobody seems to have the game anymore, but I'm guessing that maybe the authors of the game withdrew it because it was a school project and they felt a bit embarassed about it afterwards.:ok: I did come across two email addresses, though. Have you already tried those?

#7 xanrag

xanrag

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 11:14 PM

Out of random nostalgia/boredom I decided to google the old game I made back in school to see if there had been any new reviews and what do you know, someone actually was looking for it as little as two years ago.  :cheers:

We actually made an upgraded version of the game in 2003 with some bugfixes and *gasp* 2000/XP compatibility. I don't know if it runs in Vista though. We even subtitled all the ingame movies.

I put up the game at http://garnax.mine.nu/mcschmisk/ where it can be downloaded in ISO form for a while at least, if anyone is still interested. It isn't a long game, maybe 30-60 minutes or so.

It's made in Visual Basic 6.0 and uses mostly text files as data for rooms and items/actions, some things had to be hard coded though.

Edit: Hmm... just installed it on my XP SP3 and the backgrounds/movies don't seem to scale right, still playable though. Might just be because I'm using a nonstandard font size.

#8 Frodo

Frodo

Your neck looks very... tasty!

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 11:55 PM

Hey, that's great Xanrag.  Thankyou so much.  Gravedigger will be thrilled.    :(

Have you made any more games since then?  

And, welcome to Reloaded.   :cheers:
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#9 xanrag

xanrag

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 03:54 PM

View PostFrodo, on Sep 11 2009, 01:55 AM, said:

Hey, that's great Xanrag.  Thankyou so much.  Gravedigger will be thrilled.    :cheers:

Have you made any more games since then?

Nah, I'm rubbish at graphics so I didn't do any more once the group split up. I did work on a MUD and developed code for that, good old text only action!

I did make a chess AI at the same time as this game which was one of the first winboard engines since I couldn't be bothered to make a graphical interface.. *cough*

Reply to this topic