Rpg Games

308 replies to this topic

#1 Frodo

Frodo

Your neck looks very... tasty!

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 09:16 PM

If you would like to review any of these games, please send a PM to Frodo, or simply post in this thread.

Thanks.  :cheers:  

RPG

3059 - Futuristic Roguelike RPG.

Akalabeth: World of Doom (aka Ultima 0) - The precursor to the Ultima games.

Crossfire - A multiplayer graphical RPG with adventure elements. Set in a medieval fantasy world.

DiabloRL - Diablo in Rogue like form.

Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall - To celebrate the 15th anniversary of The Elder Scrolls, we've released The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall as a free download. Head here to download the game.

Falcon's Eye - Mouse-driven interface for NetHack that enhances the visuals, audio and accessibility of the game, yet retains all the original gameplay and game features.

Iter Vehemens ad Necem - Dive into countless exciting adventures to gain items of great magic, attain powerful equipment made of mysterious materials, bathe in the blessings of mighty gods and recruit loyal allies of various shapes and sizes.  

Kalonline - Kal Online has oriental settlement and culture in a fantasy world, based on the oriental myth about the 74th war between Ha-Nin, the great King and Ban-Go, who challenged the king with troops of demons.

Last Scenario - Japan style RPG.

Laxius Power Trilogy - In a fantasy world full of secrets and mysteries, threatened by the utmost dangerous creature,plunge into the struggle of 7 brothers to achieve 7 legendary tales in order to accomplish a miracle, and revive their Goddess Protector.

Magebane 2 - Magebane 2 is a 3D single player roleplaying game where you command three monks on a quest to recover the holy Amulet of Yendor.

Powder - Roguelike title designed specfically for GBA, but Windows and Linux versions are available.

Rogue - The original game that started the roguelike genre.

SCOURGE (Dungeon bashing) - S.C.O.U.R.G.E. is a Rogue-like game in the fine tradition of NetHack and Moria. It sports a graphical front-end, similar to glHack or the Falcon's Eye.

Shadowbane: Chronicle of Strife - A formerly commercial MMORPG with an emphasis on PvP combat and a wide variety of character types.

Siege of Avalon - Siege of Avalon introduces the manifest incarnation of evil ambition, Mithras. Though still a mortal being, he commands great powers and seems unstoppable in his push to grind under his heel any peoples free from his control. Avalon is the last fortress that seriously challenges his progress. Siege of Avalon is a multi-chapter game, with Chapter 1 being available for free.  

SoulFu - Created by the maker of Egoboo, new RPG in the spirit of that particular game with different changes.

Sword of Fargoal Remake - This is a remake of Fargoal. Fargoal is a Rogue like game, so expect rogue like gameplay - the dungeons are tough, get tougher and if you ever beat the dungeon you're one of a chosen few.

Tibia - Tibia is a free fantasy massive multiplayer online role playing game (MMORPG). Take the role of a valorous adventurer and explore a mysterious world filled with magic and bravery! Meet up with people from all over the world to live through a whole new game experience!

Voyage Century Online - Online RPG in pirate environment. Game is large, but hopefully good.

Warp Rogue - A gothic science fantasy roguelike game. That's how the developer describes it.

Well of Souls - Well of Souls is Synthetic Reality's FREE multi-player online Role Playing Game, where players hop from server to server fighting monsters, solving quests, and levelling their characters.

Wyvern - Wyvern is an award-winning massively multiplayer online RPG (MMORPG) similar to a text-based MUD (or "Multi-User Dungeon"), but Wyvern also has a graphical view of the game.

XU 4 (Remake of Ultima 4) - XU4 is a remake of the computer game Ultima IV. The goal is to make it easy and convenient to play this classic on modern operating systems.
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#2 razing32

razing32

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 09:34 AM

uhm, hi
i'm new to these forums so bear with me...
i'd like to help with a review, i see Dark Disciples in the list. I played both 1 and 2 and could do a review but you would have to tell me what you expect.

Yes i know i sound like a pathetic n00b but that's because i am  :whistle:

#3 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 10:27 AM

Hey Razing32  :shrug:

It's great that you want to do review for us.  Don't worry about beeing a noob, we've all been there.   :)

Generally, a review consists of:
  • Your member name
  • Complete review (no less than three paragraphs, preferably more).
  • Game genre (Adventure, Sim, Action, etc.)
  • Up to 3 positive points
  • Up to 3 negative points
  • Rating, submitted as a decimal, e.g.: 3.7
  • Complete system requirements, including programs needed & system info, if available
  • Official game URL
  • Download location URL
  • Brief description of questionable content (violence, nudity, etc), for content rating purposes.
  • If a multiplayer game, multiplayer methods (Hotseat, LAN, and/or Internet).

And also some screenshots, usually between 4-15.  You can find out more by reading here, but if you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask.   :whistle:

Thanks again.   :(
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#4 razing32

razing32

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 01:53 PM

Do you have a form to fill out , like the review pages on the site ?

Should i write text and PM to you ?

What format should i use  ? (.txt for text and .jpg for images ) :whistle:

#5 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 01:58 PM

No, there's no form to fill out.  And you posted your intent here, so there is no need for PM or text.  I put your name against Dark Disciples, to show that you have claimed review.   :shrug:

We would prefer the review in Notepad (.txt) please, and screenshots in .png.   :whistle:

Thanks.   :(

#6 razing32

razing32

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 04:57 PM

okay , thx

i'll get right on it

#7 razing32

razing32

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 06:17 PM

it's ready, should i attach the files to a post ?

#8 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 09:51 PM

Wow, that was quick   :(

Can you send the completed review and screenshots to me via PM please.   :whistle:

#9 razing32

razing32

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 08:58 AM

Uhm, plz post if you got my PM. I think the transfer goofed at some point  :whistle:

#10 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 09:39 AM

Yeah I got your PM thanks, and I sent you a reply.   :whistle:

#11 Nexus

Nexus

Daily Denizen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 01:35 AM

Hi Frodo,

I'd like to try my hand at writing a review for Era of Magic.

Regards,
Nexus

#12 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 02:06 AM

Hey Nexus  

The review is all yours.   :whistle:
Could you take some screenshots for it as well.  Thanks.

#13 TheEvilOfMen

TheEvilOfMen

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 04:05 PM

I might be able to do a couple if I get some free time: 3059 and the Diablo RL. I can also do a game called Privateer: Ascii Sector.

www.asciisector.net

Sadly, I do not kow how to get screen shots. COuld use some help with that...

#14 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 04:23 PM

Hey EvilOfMen.  You might find this Tips For Taking Screenshots thread helpful.   ;)

#15 TheEvilOfMen

TheEvilOfMen

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 07:57 PM

THank you very much.

Reply to this topic