Have fun. :huh:

#2 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 06:38 PM

I've been playing this game since yesterday. What a fantastic game. :D I like the style of the game, and although it can be quite challenging, it does offer a lot to do especially with going back to earlier missions with more moves, Yahtzee has done it again.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#3 Potatoe

Potatoe

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1487 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 07:05 PM

View PostDeathDude, on Nov 13 2007, 08:38 PM, said:

I've been playing this game since yesterday. What a fantastic game. :D I like the style of the game, and although it can be quite challenging, it does offer a lot to do especially with going back to earlier missions with more moves, Yahtzee has done it again.
Quoted for truth. I've only played the first two missions and I'm totally hooked... I'm having a good weekend ahead, I have this, LCS, and Orange Box(Only none freeware game(s)). Awesome. :huh:

#4 a1s

a1s

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1167 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 09:39 AM

you're in for even more fun, when this game beggins to have a Yahtzeeesque (I hope) storyline (I've only done 4 missions yet, and there's allredy a murder and a secret organization)
Those of you being liberal-art majors � don�t worry, advanced mathematics were largely omitted from this text in concern for your mental health.

QUOTE (Mighty Midget)
if BP has potied on Twilight Zone episode, I will strangle him

secret adept of the PICKALLONWEASEL order

#5 Japofran

Japofran

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 10:09 AM

Cool, will do. I'm glad Yahtzee has release another Trilby game without stretching the X days franchise.
..oO Mustached Crusader of the PEEKOCKSWOOZZLE Order Oo..
"STFU and show me your screenies!!"

#6 Potatoe

Potatoe

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1487 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 02:27 PM

View Posta1s, on Nov 14 2007, 11:39 AM, said:

you're in for even more fun, when this game beggins to have a Yahtzeeesque (I hope) storyline (I've only done 4 missions yet, and there's allredy a murder and a secret organization)
I'm in the part

spoiler said:

In which they get Trilby's picture and tell him to come to an address. I don't think Trilby would fall for something like that though...

#7 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 04:52 PM

Indeed I'm really liking the way the story is going, it seems just as fresh once you really get into the story, I'm on mission 7 right now, and the game is really getting quite challenging, I think Mission 4 is one of the more tougher ones, when you play it, you will know what I mean. :D

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#8 Japofran

Japofran

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 01:00 AM

Now I'm also glad he's got back to 1213's engine, I loved that game, and I like the additional puzzle elements of this. Only Trilby's posture looks queer to me, I know Y. says he's more self-confident than later but he shouldn't be that difficult from the Trilby in 5 Days' day 1, should he. Well anyway it looks queer to me. Also I haven't seen the additional costumes yet and it seems they will add to the gameplay, but I always imagined that Trilby would be relentlessly adamant about his attire, not that the suit was suitable (no pun intended) for ANY physical activity whatsoever at all in the first place. Anyway... very cool, thumbs up. I think I'll be liking this better that 6 Days.

#9 a1s

a1s

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1167 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 09:00 AM

View PostJapofran, on Nov 15 2007, 01:00 AM, said:

Now I'm also glad he's got back to 1213's engine
it's AGS. yes, "Adventure" (you know, "action-adventure" :D ).
Those of you being liberal-art majors � don�t worry, advanced mathematics were largely omitted from this text in concern for your mental health.

QUOTE (Mighty Midget)
if BP has potied on Twilight Zone episode, I will strangle him

secret adept of the PICKALLONWEASEL order

#10 Japofran

Japofran

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 11:46 AM

Yes I know it's always AGS with Y., but he himself uses the expression "1213 engine" in his blog. It's obvious that he has reutilized tons of code from that game for this one. Well you know what I mean with engine anyway, not that the word has a precise definition.

Now I'm starting to realize that puzzle games have never been my cup of tea, 1213 was so cool because of the story and secondly the action. But I'm encouraged to play it somewhat because you say that some plot unravels later...

#11 chumloofah

chumloofah

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 02:32 PM

Ooh.
A new one  :D
Hope it's better than the last one.
It was ok, but the story was a bitty forced heh?
Ok ok.
No more whingeing.
I'll play it first, then be back to whinge. or praise as required.

#12 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 02:44 PM

The story in this game picks up right away with whats going on and it progresses nicely I found. Some factors could have been explained a tad better or maybe gone into some more detail, but thats just something really minor, I really do enjoy the way the story has been proceeding and just all the action, its a different sort of a game that you really do not see in the indie community of this nature.

#13 Potatoe

Potatoe

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1487 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 04:24 AM

Who's reviewing this? I'm curious.. Cos who ever it is, you better give it a 5/5 >:(

#14 chumloofah

chumloofah

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 01:40 PM

Like it!  :D
Hudson hawk with a thiefly vibe.

#15 Frodo

Frodo

Your neck looks very... tasty!

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 01:44 PM

View PostPotatoe, on Nov 16 2007, 04:24 AM, said:

Who's reviewing this? I'm curious.. Cos who ever it is, you better give it a 5/5 >:(
You could always review it yourself.   :D
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

Reply to this topic