25 replies to this topic

#1 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2953 posts

Posted 07 May 2005 - 10:45 PM

Hmmm. The Game Discussion section seems a bit chaotic to me - all the games are in one big list. Perhaps they could be separated by genre to break it up? (Although I suppose the alphabetical ordering is useful).
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.

#2 Tulac

Tulac

The Great Red Lemur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1546 posts

Posted 07 May 2005 - 10:48 PM

There's also a link to the reviews missing in atleast one of the topics, and the fast reply button would come in handy :)

DakaSha:if you go into a kindergarden and give all the kids rubber schlongs they will prob just hit each other over the head with them
DakaSha:and you have a class of little kids hitting eachother with rubber dongs which must be quite funny (also Picklweasel knight I am)

#3 Kon-Tiki

Kon-Tiki

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts

They're just the same as on Abandonia, but can contain more than one thread per game. It might look like a big list, but I'm sure it's easy to get used to, or that there's a feature in My Controls to split them over onto several pages :)

#4 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • 2784 posts

Reason why we did this is that many of the producers have their own forums. However the genre idea, wasn't bad :)

Yo!

#5 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • 2953 posts

Posted 07 May 2005 - 10:50 PM

Is it possible to make the button next to "Games on AR" (with the arrow) light up when there's new posts in there similarly to the ones within the same section?

EDIT: I don't think there's a way to change that in My Controls - you can change the number of topics per forum but not the number of fora per ... bigger forum. Maybe change it globally to split them onto a couple of pages? It'll only get bigger as the site does.
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

#6 Unknown Hero

Unknown Hero

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 12:16 AM

I agree with more than one topic per game, but is it really necessary at this stage of site popularity???

#7 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 12:18 AM

I wouldn't mind seeing the genre thing being in place at some point no rush right now though, seeing as the site is new and such.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#8 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • 2953 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 12:19 AM

Easier to do it now than to change later, but I still say it's too long a list.
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)

#9 Kosta

Kosta

The Great Creater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 12:49 AM

Yes, the genre thing is a good idea, I have to agree :)
I'll look into it ASAP, while there's still a managable number of games on the site ;)

#10 Stroggy

Stroggy

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 08:34 AM

We debated on the layout of the Game Discussion Section, our main bout being order.
However it was difficult to plan a succesful layout by simply imagining it. Thanks for the genre-idea!

#11 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • 2953 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 11:01 AM

You're welcome. Tribes seems to be at the top of the list for some reason, too.
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)

#12 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • 2784 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 11:06 AM

Yeah. We ain't sure why that happened, though.

Yo!

#13 Kosta

Kosta

The Great Creater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 11:12 AM

Subforums don't get listed alphabetically but in the order in which they were added, so it will be a mess eventually :)
The idea is to access them via site..

#14 Havell

Havell

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 11:19 AM

It is possible to arrange subforums in the admin CP, you can click on the "re-order forums" button in the side menu and give each forum a number to decide where they go.
IPB Image

#15 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • 2953 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 11:25 AM

That'd be a hassle to add things later on though, unless you could generate a script of some kind to move all the others up a number.

EDIT: Well, the new one for The Great Stroke-Off is now at the bottom, so I'd say something needs to be done :)

Edited by BeefontheBone, 08 May 2005 - 01:27 PM.

[center]
QUOTE (gregor)

Back to Suggestions & Comments

Reply to this topic