#16 Tulac

Tulac

The Great Red Lemur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1546 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 09:25 PM

View PostOvErLoRd, on Jun 8 2006, 11:18 PM, said:

Croatia is playing its first game on Tuesday against Brazil! Do you think we even stand a chance? :(
No not a chance if our defense will continue to make such stupid mistakes as they did in the last few games...

DakaSha:if you go into a kindergarden and give all the kids rubber schlongs they will prob just hit each other over the head with them
DakaSha:and you have a class of little kids hitting eachother with rubber dongs which must be quite funny (also Picklweasel knight I am)

#17 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 09:32 PM

Well who knows, maybe Croatia can pull off an upset over Brazil, especially if they are over confident. :(

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#18 OvErLoRd

OvErLoRd

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 09:49 PM

We'll see... Anyway, I hope we'll beat Japan and Australia and go through to the second round. Everything is possible then! :(
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

- from ''Lord of the Rings'' by J.R.R.Tolkien

#19 Don Andy

Don Andy

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 12:18 AM

I'm so glad the WC starts finally.

That means it'll be over soon and the whole soccer hype will be over.

I can't see soccer anymore. IT'S FRIGGIN EVERYWHERE!!
(at least here in Germany)

I just want it to be over.

Oh, and Trinidad & Tobago all the way :(
I'm on vacation for 3 weeks from now on (26.06.2006)

#20 DeathSpark

DeathSpark

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 02:45 AM

If Brazil wants to go big, they need that confidence because their defense suck. Ronaldo and Ronaldihno will fill that spot with early goals, followed by an allright center with good speed for Roberto Carlo. This year, Italy has strong strikers, they can go really far with Inzaghi scoring, they will back him up with their awesome defense.

For me, Italy has a good chance to win it, if Inzaghi touches the ball a lot, with Totti on his side.

#21 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 03:58 AM

Italy also doesn't have Maldinini on defence, a shame that he retired was a great defenceman, also depending on how Italy and Brazil do, we could see a round 2 matchup between the two quite early.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#22 Maikel

Maikel

You dog!

• Reloaded Crew
  • 162 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 08:21 AM

Holland will win. They're utterly motivated to win after the youth-squad became european champions this  year.....

ok I'll wake up now.

#23 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4277 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 08:40 AM

Maikel, I believe it is possible. Other countries I'll be following closely will be Croatia, Australia.
...70 years... LOL

#24 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 04:17 PM

Holland reminds me of the case of Argentina too, lots of talented, just choke in the big games.

Granted they have a chance it's possible, to go all the way? Nah they will prob make it to second round and maybe quarters.

Australia will be the team to watch, their first world cup, so maybe they'll be the upset team this year.

#25 Tulac

Tulac

The Great Red Lemur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1546 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 04:57 PM

Germany - Costa Rica 2:1 Half time
What can I say Germany was better had more chances but didn't use them, I think if the game continues this way they'll win, though Wanchope is quite dangerous...

DakaSha:if you go into a kindergarden and give all the kids rubber schlongs they will prob just hit each other over the head with them
DakaSha:and you have a class of little kids hitting eachother with rubber dongs which must be quite funny (also Picklweasel knight I am)

#26 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 05:42 PM

3-2 Germany atm with 7 mins to go, the germans have been playing good but the Costa Ricans are not giving up.

#27 Tulac

Tulac

The Great Red Lemur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1546 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 06:28 PM

4-2 for Germany, excellent goal by Frings, also an excellent game...
I think Wanchope's value just rose by a couple of millions...

#28 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 08:33 PM

Ecuador leading Poland 1-0 with less than 20 remaining, can't underestimate any team from South American imo different style of football they play and they are always dangerous any of the teams from there, obviously with Brazil and Argentina. :(

#29 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 08:49 PM

If you know a bit of German, you might find this amusing: it generates poems about the games, and you can even choose among different styles of poetry. Quite fun:
http://www.zeit.de/f...l/poesieautomat

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#30 Tulac

Tulac

The Great Red Lemur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1546 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 09:01 PM

:( Deathdude you always post like a minute before the goal...
2:0 for Ecuador in the end, Poland deserved at least one goal though..