#1 Sean

Sean

Just call me Mr. Magic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 06:38 PM

Hey,

I hereby declare the Reloaded.org book club open!

I think it's about time we get in contact with our bookwormy sides and talk about the books that keep us turning pages with anticipation until the very end. As well as the awful stuff that we are forced to read. This thread is here to allow everybody to talk about either what they are reading at the moment or perhaps a book from their past that they really liked. I'll start things off by talking about what I am currently reading, what I'll read afterwards and what I want to read in the near future. I've provided cover shots for each book to make the thread a little more colourful. They aren't a neccessity :)

Get talking :P

I've picked up HBP again and have started reading it through a second time. With Rowlings novel this is usually a treat as you usually notice a lot of little details that you didn't when speed-reading the first time through. I'm sure new things will dawn on me as I re-absorb the brilliant stuff  :(

Posted Image

Name:
Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince
Author:
JK Rowling
about: I don't really know what to say that hasn't already been said by thousands of others before, great series. I don't want to talk about the book too much as I may end up accidently posting spoilers. There's the usual interesting events, funny characters, relationship building and massive plot revelations as usual. Get it!

My mum bought this to read herself which is rare as she doesn't read often. She enjoyed it and actually finished which means it must be good. We'll see :angel:

Posted Image
Name:
The Da Vinci Code
Author:
Dan Brown

I want to get the remainder Dark Tower series too, one was quite good. I found some bits a little confusing but overall the book was very interesting. I went out to buy the next book in the series to find it had been pulled from the shelves :angel: Hopefully when I get some cash E-Bay can provide for me :Brain:
Me>You

#2 Tulac

Tulac

The Great Red Lemur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1546 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 06:41 PM

I am going to read Aldous Huxley : The Door of Perception
(or is it doors, I only know the Croatian translation)

DakaSha:if you go into a kindergarden and give all the kids rubber schlongs they will prob just hit each other over the head with them
DakaSha:and you have a class of little kids hitting eachother with rubber dongs which must be quite funny (also Picklweasel knight I am)

#3 DakaSha

DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2013 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 06:58 PM

Im reading all the Discworld Novels i can get my hands on (currently reading The Hogfather)... then im going to read:

GoOD OMeNs also by Pratchett.

After i get through all the Pratchett ill probably start reading the Apprentice Adept and Xanth series by Piers Anthony.

Posted Image
For all you artists here... and we have enough. Please draw me something :D Click Here. If possible include your nick. A simple Test. dunno of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!2

#4 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 07:25 PM

Hmm... nothing unfinished. Instead I'm writing my own novel. And no, sorry guys, you won't be reading it, it's in Finnish. Unless it gets once published and translated. But my latest readings. Hmm... Anthony Beevor's Stalingrad, Small Giant of Continuation War, George S. Stein's Waffen-SS, can't recall in what order, but there's three latest.
...70 years... LOL

#5 WaAn

WaAn

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 07:30 PM

Posted Image
next:
Posted Image
user posted image

#6 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6304 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 08:34 PM

Great idea, Sean.:)
'm once again trying to get through a ridiculously long reading list, so at the moment I'm reading:

Thomas Malory: Le Morte Darthur:
Posted Image
I need to finish that commentary by the end of the week.:( It's a fun read, though, although there are a few boring bits.
and
Samuel Richardson: Clarissa:
Posted Image
An 18th century epistolary novel about as long as the last three Harry Potter books (but that's where the resemblance ends, sadly). It isn't quite as bad as it sounds, though, just veeery long.

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#7 Stroggy

Stroggy

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 09:31 PM

I am currently reading the following books:

The Complete Tales and Poems of Edgar Allan Poe
Posted Image

Devices And Desires (K.J. Parker)
Posted Image

After that I am still split between finally reading H.P. Lovecraft, Kavka or Oscar Wilde.

What do you suggest?

#8 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • 2953 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 09:31 PM

GoOD OMeNs also by Pratchett.

Pratchett and Gaiman, I think you'll find - how could you omit the name of such a man? :)

His other novels are also good - Anansi Boys was ok but Neverwhere was great :(

I just bought this:

Posted Image

In Page 45 in Nottingham (was there to see The Mighty Boosh), and am reading The Science of Discworld II again at work - I've got The Return of the Timewaster Letters and 1966 And All That lined up, too, plus a Steven Appleby-illustrated version of 1066 And All That.

@Stroggy: If you like Poe, definitely Lovecraft.
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.

#9 DakaSha

DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • 2013 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 09:54 PM

whoops sorry your right beef :(

Posted Image
For all you artists here... and we have enough. Please draw me something :D Click Here. If possible include your nick. A simple Test. dunno of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!2

#10 DannyMc252

DannyMc252

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 10:15 PM

At Home:

Posted Image

Finished that last night
Sacred Stone
By Clive Cussler & Craig Dirgo

Posted Image

Next up
The Opal Deception
Eoin Colfer

At School:

Posted Image

We never actually get round to reading in English Lessons, like we should...
The Eagle's Prey
Simon Scarrow

user posted image
Meep?

#11 ReamusLQ

ReamusLQ

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 12:13 AM

Posted Image

#12 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 12:27 AM

Sean, on Mar 16 2006, 06:38 PM, said:

Posted Image
Oh god, the horrid European cover!

I am reading...

Posted Image
Whoa, that's the same exact copy I have.

And...

Posted Image

Which I personally think is much better than One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, Kesey felt the same way, it's sad this great novel was lost under the shadow of its lesser cousin.

OMFG, I almost forgot, I'm currently studying...
Posted Image

For my future job (or the one that I'd be interested in doing) :(

Knight of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!21
Best Topics Ever: Aywanez Splenda Women PICKLEWESSEL Signs OMG

#13 Moogle

Moogle

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1035 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 12:54 AM

Anybody know of some Lovecraft books? Alwyas wanted to read em, but so far I haven't been able to find any :(

#14 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • 2953 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 10:35 AM

There's a few here - I've got the 3 omnibuses (omnibi?) and they're pretty good.
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.

#15 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6304 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 10:54 AM

No, omnibi is definitely wrong, because 'omnibus' is dative plural, not nominative singular.:(

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks