#1 Sean

Sean

Just call me Mr. Magic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 01:49 PM

ParanoiaPrison - In Production

I've been working on my first AGS game for a month or two now on and off and I am confident that I will be able to finish the game. Although I've had something playable for a while I've restrained myself from posting prior to this as I wasn't 100% confident in my ability to finish what I had. However I am now almost certain that I will finish and decided it was time to 'announce' production.

Basic Plot Summary:

'' You awaken within a dimly lit prison cell. Paint is peeling. Metal rusting. Looking around you recall a few brief flashes of what you was doing before you awakened within this place. You didn't bring yourself here and from the looks of things you're new occupancy hasn't been been home to another resident for quite some time. Many in this situation would have only one thing on there mind, escape. You on the other hand want answers to the questions that are created with every glance.''

Although the plot itself sounds quite unoriginal and crappy I've written quite a deep story to go with a seemingly unoriginal idea. The character was brought here by somebody from his past. Getting out of the cell isn't the end of the game it is the begining of something much deeper.  After leaving the cell the character is led through a dark, murky and mysterious laybrinth plagued with horrific stories from the past. The player will be fed clues throughout that make them question all of their previous presumptions. A final confrontation with exactaly what brought the player here is undoubtedly on the agenda. First the character must attempt to find his way out of a structure designed to keep societies most dangerous locked in.

Required Help:

Character Artist and Animator: I can complete the game itself before any of the sprites are actually made which is what I have been doing thus far. I'm not asking for somebody to jump in and knock me out the art I need in a few days. I understand that Pixelling is a very time consumeing process and I would be happy with anything that could be completed in under two months. I ask anybody that has a slight interest in the project and the ability to help out to send me a PM or contact me via other means to discuss the project further.

Soundman: I need somebody that can help collect and perhaps implement sounds. Ambiences,music tracks and sfx's all need to be collected and added to the game.

Media:
Posted Image Posted Image

http://sovereigncraf...hers/Media3.jpg

http://sovereigncraf...hers/Media4.jpg

http://sovereigncraf...hers/Media5.jpg

http://sovereigncraf...hers/Media6.jpg

http://sovereigncraf...hers/Media7.jpg

Development Stage:

Artwork - 30/40% - Character Art needs to be made from scratch. The majority of backgrounds have been rendered but require implementation. Approximately 10-20 backgrounds implemented and playable.

Story - 90% - There are various storyboards written up roughly and I personally have a clear view of where the game is going. A few loose ends need to be finalized but overall the story just needs to be transfered from text document to game.

Sound - 5% - There are a few basic midi tracks but a lot of sound still needs to be found, converted and added. The main reason behind such a poor amount of sounds is my inability to find a good archive and the lack of approiate converting utilities.

I've tried my best to ensure that I haven't violated any board rules. If I have please contact me and I'll do my best to resolve the issue. I have done my best to be as informant as possible without giveing away too much of the games story. If any more information is required please ask for it and I will do my best to provide.

Thanks for reading :ot:

- Sean

--
Me>You

#2 PrejudiceSucks

PrejudiceSucks

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1865 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 02:30 PM

I'm glad that it's only a working title. That said, Impossible Creatures had a horrendous one and ended up with an alright one.

#3 Frodo

Frodo

Your neck looks very... tasty!

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 03:37 PM

Like what I see so far - looks very dark and 'horrorsish', if you know what I mean.

Keep us posted please Sean.

:ot:
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#4 Sean

Sean

Just call me Mr. Magic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 06:13 PM

PrejudiceSucks, on Jan 2 2006, 02:30 PM, said:

I'm glad that it's only a working title. That said, Impossible Creatures had a horrendous one and ended up with an alright one.
Pardon?

Horrible what?  :ot:
Me>You

#5 PrejudiceSucks

PrejudiceSucks

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1865 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 07:00 PM

Working title.

It was something along the lines of The Adventures of Rex Chance : Impossible Creatures.

#6 Sean

Sean

Just call me Mr. Magic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 07:10 PM

Yeh, I'll get rid of the name eventually :ot:
Me>You

#7 Sean

Sean

Just call me Mr. Magic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 07:08 PM

Quick Update: I've just finished the corridor and it works quite well despite a slightly awkward perspective. I haven't had time to script the cutscene that will transide the two rooms but hopefully I'll be able to do that tommorow. Also, I hope to get the prologue cutscene scripted soon also. I've kinda got a idea for the final name but I'll have to think about it some more. Also, the player is soon to meet another character and this will allow me to introduce the character you are playing a little better. Good things come to those who wait :max:
Me>You

#8 Sean

Sean

Just call me Mr. Magic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 06:19 PM

Unfortunately I've been too tired to actually do anything today. Maybe tommorow. Getting back into the swing of school without getting excessively tired is rather difficult. Hopefully my body clock will sort itself out soon. I'll try and get some work done tommorow.
Me>You

#9 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 06:32 PM

Well judging by your art in the first post, it will be well worth the wait.   :max:
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#10 Sean

Sean

Just call me Mr. Magic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 06:58 PM

Here have some more :max:

Posted Image

http://sovereigncraf...ck1Corridor.jpg

Note: I'll edit this post tommorow with an update and move the link to the first post.
Me>You

#11 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 07:45 PM

That's excellent Sean.  I can imagine myself walking down that corridor.   :max:

#12 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 10:27 PM

The floor looks too clean.

:max:

Knight of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!21
Best Topics Ever: Aywanez Splenda Women PICKLEWESSEL Signs OMG

#13 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4277 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 06:21 AM

BP, have you been in cell? When I was, the whole department was shockingly clean. Well, that's in Espoo, Finland, so I can't speak on behalf of others.
...70 years... LOL

#14 Sean

Sean

Just call me Mr. Magic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 04:03 PM

My prison is suppousedly abandoned, although there is a presence of ... 'others'. I might change the floor texture but chances are slim. I'd have to retexture in Ued, Capture. Paste , Edit and Import. Waste of time the current floor is nice enough and trust me everything will get a little gritter soon :huh:

Glad the graphical style is going down quite well. Sprite scaling is going to come in handy :max:
Me>You

#15 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 06:42 PM

Juni Ori, on Jan 5 2006, 06:21 AM, said:

BP, have you been in cell? When I was, the whole department was shockingly clean. Well, that's in Espoo, Finland, so I can't speak on behalf of others.
Well here in the large US funding is rather mediocre for prisons and floors aren't that sanitary.
Admitted, it is much cleaner than the old days, but it's still like walking around in a underkept kitchen floor.

Knight of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!21
Best Topics Ever: Aywanez Splenda Women PICKLEWESSEL Signs OMG