2 replies to this topic

#1 Flop

Flop

Aspiring Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 06:34 PM

This is a sports discipline that me and a couple of friends founded about 10 years ago at the Roskilde Festival. Since then it's picked up quite a following, especially at the Technical University of Denmark, and a main event is held each year at Roskilde. Here's a link to the DM (Danish Championship) 2006. The guy talking in the beginning is my friend Sigurd. He's basically just running through the rules:

1) Each person has to drink a liter of boxed white wine by him- or herself.
2) The bout starts with the playing of Ennio Morricone's main theme from "The Good, The Bad And The Ugly", and it's illegal to start drinking before it's at least half finished.

He doesn't mention these ones, I think because he assumes they go without saying, but:

3) It's illegal to modify the wine box (ie. you can't poke holes in it), and you're not allowed to drink it out of anything but the box the wine came in.
4)If you throw up, you're disqualified, even if you finished first.

So anyway, it's held once a day for each of the 8 days that the festival lasts, and the champion is the person who wins the most times. That day the record was a whopping 4,6 seconds. I believe the fastest recorded time is just under 2 seconds.

I quit years ago with the excuse that it's become too commercial, but really I just don't stand a chance. I never finished under 10 minutes.
Furthermore, it is my opinion that Carthage must be destroyed.

#2 Moogle

Moogle

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1035 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 06:02 AM

I hate that song.

#3 Doubler

Doubler

A regular Llama

• Admin