164 replies to this topic

#1 Triton

Triton

Daily Denizen

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 08 July 2005 - 08:47 PM

This proves you know little about Americans.  Don't be so judgemental.

And as for the European Union, given the history of Europe I'm certain the EU will try to find ways to exploit the world once again.  They're already starting to drain the economic power of the USA with the Euro.

#2 Microprose Veteran

Microprose Veteran

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 08 July 2005 - 09:11 PM

Well, doesn't Bush's economic policy have something more to do with America's economy being drained?

He has given big tax cuts that benefit the wealthy far more than the working and the poor.

He has done nothing against American jobs being transferred to low-income countries. Clinton did nothing either or so I've heard.

He is spending billions of dollars on the Iraq War, with most of the US taxpayers' money going to the military and the big corporations.

What should Europe have done differently with the Euro? It's not that people here have no complaints about the switch to Euro either. Especially the Dutch people lost money when we were force from our beloved Guilder to the Euro.

EDIT: On second thought, this is getting off-topic.

#3 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6304 posts

Posted 08 July 2005 - 09:19 PM

Triton, on Jul 8 2005, 08:47 PM, said:

This proves you know little about Americans.  Don't be so judgemental.

And as for the European Union, given the history of Europe I'm certain the EU will try to find ways to exploit the world once again.  They're already starting to drain the economic power of the USA with the Euro.
Incidentally, that post proves that your knowledge of Europe is not quite perfect either, so let's agree that both sides should try not to be judgemental, shall we?

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#4 Triton

Triton

Daily Denizen

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 08 July 2005 - 11:12 PM

Microprose Veteran, on Jul 8 2005, 09:11 PM, said:

Well, doesn't Bush's economic policy have something more to do with America's economy being drained?

He has given big tax cuts that benefit the wealthy far more than the working and the poor.

He has done nothing against American jobs being transferred to low-income countries. Clinton did nothing either or so I've heard.

He is spending billions of dollars on the Iraq War, with most of the US taxpayers' money going to the military and the big corporations.

What should Europe have done differently with the Euro? It's not that people here have no complaints about the switch to Euro either. Especially the Dutch people lost money when we were force from our beloved Guilder to the Euro.

Considering that the Euro is more powerful than the Dollar, that is cause enough for concern.  Sure, Bush isn't helping the economy too much with his pro-rich tax cuts and base closings, but the Euro is doing long-term damage to America as well.

Microprose Veteran said:

EDIT: On second thought, this is getting off-topic.

No it isn't, since we're talking about things people in other countries do.

AJ Raffles said:

Incidentally, that post proves that your knowledge of Europe is not quite perfect either, so let's agree that both sides should try not to be judgemental, shall we?

Do a little studying; Europe has had a long history of exploitation for its own profit, even though when they were exploiting and getting away with it they just small countries on the same continent.  Once Europe becomes one country, how do you know they won't go back to the status quo?  I'm sure a unified Europe would defy the UN in its own best interests.

#5 Microprose Veteran

Microprose Veteran

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 08 July 2005 - 11:39 PM

Triton, on Jul 8 2005, 11:12 PM, said:

...Europe has had a long history of exploitation for its own profit, even though when they were exploiting and getting away with it they just small countries on the same continent.  Once Europe becomes one country, how do you know they won't go back to the status quo?  I'm sure a unified Europe would defy the UN in its own best interests.
Hah. That's mainly thanks to us, the Dutch!

Europe's reputation has been greatly shaped/tainted by Dutch entrepeneurial merchant spirit. Of course, the English were there too. And the Spanish and Portugese prior to Holland and England.

How would a unified Europe successfully defy the UN? We don't even have a decent defense force of our own.

NATO was an American initiative and it's America that has always held the military leadership.

Of course, perhaps we shouldn't be staring blind at nations and official names and stuff. If the Bilderberg group really controls most of the western economy and politics, perhaps we should focus on those groups instead.

#6 Himmler

Himmler

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 08 July 2005 - 11:43 PM

Is this a fighting topic between americans and europeans?BTW...Romania has joined the EU...now the resources can be extracted  :) .Begin drilling ! ;)

#7 Microprose Veteran

Microprose Veteran

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 08 July 2005 - 11:47 PM

What, you still got oil?

#8 taikara

taikara

Tai-Fu Mastah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2389 posts

Posted 08 July 2005 - 11:50 PM

Himmler, on Jul 8 2005, 11:43 PM, said:

Is this a fighting topic between americans and europeans?BTW...Romania has joined the EU...now the resources can be extracted  :) .Begin drilling ! ;)
No, this is not a "fighting" topic, it is a discussion topic. Differences of opinions between Europeans and Americans aside, I hope that it will remain friendly ;)
..<[[[Tofu Ninja of the Pickasldawessle Order]]]>..
QUOTE (Tai - in response to DD on how people who fear change are like cats)
you mean the "you moved my litterbox, so I'm going to pee in your clothes hamper" attitude?
Yes, I just quoted myself. ph34r my T4i-F00!!.
doodoodoo!!!

#9 Puffin

Puffin

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 08 July 2005 - 11:52 PM

I'm shallow, so I like the euro.
Like... I'm going to Spain in few days. I still have some coins since i was in germany. So.. yay!
user posted image
©Kiddiarni

#10 Himmler

Himmler

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 08 July 2005 - 11:55 PM

I thought they were fighting :)...well i'm not gonna fight anyone..

#11 Triton

Triton

Daily Denizen

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 09 July 2005 - 12:06 AM

Microprose Veteran, on Jul 8 2005, 11:39 PM, said:

Triton, on Jul 8 2005, 11:12 PM, said:

...Europe has had a long history of exploitation for its own profit, even though when they were exploiting and getting away with it they just small countries on the same continent.  Once Europe becomes one country, how do you know they won't go back to the status quo?  I'm sure a unified Europe would defy the UN in its own best interests.
Hah. That's mainly thanks to us, the Dutch!

Europe's reputation has been greatly shaped/tainted by Dutch entrepeneurial merchant spirit. Of course, the English were there too. And the Spanish and Portugese prior to Holland and England.
Don't forget the Venetians and the Genoese.

Himmler said:

How would a unified Europe successfully defy the UN? We don't even have a decent defense force of our own.

I'm sure that with the coming European economic golden age Europe will have more than enough manpower and industry to construct a military comparable to that of America.

#12 Microprose Veteran

Microprose Veteran

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 09 July 2005 - 12:18 AM

Hm. I thought that Europe's golden age was long past. That America had taken over its position after WW II. I doubt that the next economic superpower will be Europe again.

At least, all the economic experts are raving about China and that that country will be the next economic superpower.

Or is it just a ruse to avert attention away from Europe? I know that European elite are as wealthy as ever and that European bankers have always played a big role. If that's the case, the peoples of Europe will not share much in the spoils I think.

#13 DakaSha

DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • 2013 posts

Posted 09 July 2005 - 01:30 AM

Triton your basicaly saying that we suck because we are becoming STRONGER than the US. Thats just plain messed up man. your just going to have to accept the fact that all great nations fall at some time ot another...

and i dont know americans!? i grew up in america and as an american i will tell you that they are the most fear ridden nation in the world.. its in thier (our) blood. and  i dont have a problem saying i belong to this blood line... im a very fearful person. yeah americans ACT hard... and are tought to be tough... but its all cover up man.

and i cant believe your saying that WE(them) are going to exploit the world... man you live in the US!!!! name one country that has exploited the "world" HALF as much... ONE

"Considering that the Euro is more powerful than the Dollar, that is cause enough for concern."

christ! man we arnt friggen china or iran... take a friggen chill pill.

so am i considred a traitor now? by all means call me that because if europe and america went to war (which i really hope never happens) id be putting on the kevlar and i wouldnt be following orders from bush... hell no. (i edited this part because what i said could have been linked to terrorist activitys... gotta watch out for that... friggen CIA might be watching us gamers. i mean they are scared)

**EDIT**

our military is ALREADY comparible to yours. so watch out we might be in your backyard tommorrow. good thing you guys got all them privatly owned weapons... which you own because you are afraid.

o just for the record... i dont hate america one bit and im actually proud to be an american... but i cant stand the friggen bigotry

if this post sounds aggressive...well it is. but i really dont mean it as an insult. i just cant say what i have to say in a normal way. it does make me mad.

Posted Image
For all you artists here... and we have enough. Please draw me something :D Click Here. If possible include your nick. A simple Test. dunno of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!2

#14 Triton

Triton

Daily Denizen

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 09 July 2005 - 03:07 AM

DakaSha, on Jul 9 2005, 01:30 AM, said:

Triton your basicaly saying that we suck because we are becoming STRONGER than the US. Thats just plain messed up man. your just going to have to accept the fact that all great nations fall at some time ot another...
Just because nations fall doesn't mean USA has to this century.  What are you, an anarchist?

DakaSha said:

and i dont know americans!? i grew up in america and as an american i will tell you that they are the most fear ridden nation in the world.. its in thier (our) blood. and  i dont have a problem saying i belong to this blood line... im a very fearful person. yeah americans ACT hard... and are tought to be tough... but its all cover up man.

Thanks to CNN, whenever America hears about something on the news, it's always 10x worse than what it really is.  Take SARS, for example; I remember when the news media made a big deal over SARS when it was spreading through China and infecting Canadians.  Sure, it was a bad disease and people were dying from it, but they always made it sound like the world was coming to an end.  If America is afraid of anything, thank the news industry.

DakaSha said:

and i cant believe your saying that WE(them) are going to exploit the world... man you live in the US!!!! name one country that has exploited the "world" HALF as much... ONE

Britain's drugging of China alone was far worse than all of the atrocities Americans have done to the Native Americans and the Japanese-Americans.

DakaSha said:

so am i considred a traitor now? by all means call me that because if europe and america went to war (which i really hope never happens) id be putting on the kevlar and i wouldnt be following orders from bush... hell no. (i edited this part because what i said could have been linked to terrorist activitys... gotta watch out for that... friggen CIA might be watching us gamers. i mean they are scared)

You would refuse to defend your own country just because of some corrupt politicians?  Bush is not dictator-for-life, he's in for almost three more years and hopefully there will be a better president after he leaves.

DakaSha said:

our military is ALREADY comparible to yours. so watch out we might be in your backyard tommorrow. good thing you guys got all them privatly owned weapons... which you own because you are afraid.

What, are you in some paramilitary organization?  There will never be need for any country to invade America, so the rest of the world can butt out.

DakaSha said:

o just for the record... i dont hate america one bit and im actually proud to be an american... but i cant stand the friggen bigotry

How are Americans bigots?  There's a big difference between bigotry and patriotism.  Once upon a time, European leaders and citizens uttered the now-forgotten phrase "We are all Americans now" implying unity and solidarity, but George W screwed that up for us.  As a result, Europeans hate us because they think that the views of the president reflect the views and opinions of the American people.  Sure, he got reelected, but more and more Bush voters are coming to realize that voting to give him a second term is the political equivalent of the American people bending forward and unclenching, if you get my drift.

#15 DakaSha

DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • 2013 posts

Posted 09 July 2005 - 03:26 AM

sorry you have proven that there is just no point in arguing about this with you. im not going to even open this thread again because its just going to piss me off. call me a quitter... i mean your right. i quit.

just one thing... the thing about the media messing with your heads... i think your pretty right there. you are obviosly a pretty smart person but i seriosly think your views would be different if you lived in another country for a year. have you even ever left the continent? most americans i know (yes i KNOW them) that hold thier country in such high regards and pretty much hate every other country have never set foot in another country... then they say they should be the "world police"...what a joke

Posted Image
For all you artists here... and we have enough. Please draw me something :D Click Here. If possible include your nick. A simple Test. dunno of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!2