• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 01:20 AM

Shadows of Earth: Part 1

STORY:

Factions:
United Armies of Democracy (Good)
Alliance of Rebel Nations (Evil)

You awaken on a cold metal floor.. you remember fighting along-side your allies (The UAD), trying to stop someone.. but you don't remember who that "someone" is. Suddenly a loud ticking noise is heard next to you, and a deafening explosion causes your ears to bleed. The rest.. is a blur.

Upon being brought into the hospital.. you head straight into surgery, as the doctors save your life. What you don't know.. is that your in an enemy hospital (ARN). The very people you were trying to fight, are using their technology to save your life.

You awaken months later, finally healed.. no memory of your past. A clean slate, and a fresh start. An older man in a leather jacket and black fedora comes to visit you on a regular basis. He becomes a friend.. and eventually, a mentor. He teaches you how to fight and defend yourself. You ask about leaving these tunnels.. these underground halls.. and your quickly told about the situation the whole planet is in. During the time in which you were in a coma, the world has been nuked. Countries destroyed themselves, and each other. Leaving deadly radiation everywhere. It's easy to forget what life was like outside of the tunnels.. since you don't remember it.

You are becoming more powerful than you ever were.

As the months turn into years, your given a purpose. Train, stay healthy, and learn how to use your abilities. But soon, those abilities will come into full use. A war is brewing once more.. The UAD and the ARN are at war.. you have long been forgotten in the UAD, assumed dead. The ARN has no intentions of telling you otherwise.

The mutants from the outside world have broken into a key UAD underground city. They are attacking both sides.. not caring.. not knowing.. who they are attacking. The brainless mutants only want food. Nothing else.

Your being sent into battle. Your mission: Kill everything the underground city. Mutants, UAD soldiers, everyone but your own ARN men. However, something else will soon catch your eye.. a link to the past you long forgot. For inside that city, is a hard drive.. with all your prior information on it. You will be haunted by the image of a beautiful woman.. with long black flowing hair.. who is she? Why are you dreaming about her?

A soldier who has worked both sides.. and doesn't know his past. A legend.. will be born.

SPECS:

The game is being developed with FPS Creator X9, and will use the Scfi packs, and some other packs. The main graphics technique I'm using, is color lighting. I'm making bold colored halls, with intense lighting. I want this game to look beautiful, while keeping a steady framerate.

I'm achieving this by keeping all levels on one floor. No going up, or down. Long, twisting tunnels.. easy to get yourself lost.

RELEASE DATE:

June 2011. For now, here's a test video. Very blank, it was only a tech test I made for a friend. This was before game development started.

Stay tuned.  :sweat:

#2 Frodo

Frodo

Your neck looks very... tasty!

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 08:19 AM

Great story.
Love the test video, with all the different colour rroms, and the zombie.  

Keep us posted on your progress.  

:sweat:
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#3 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 06:49 AM

Screenshots:

From the latest test build.

Gallery: http://imageshack.us...h201105282.png/

#4 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 08:19 AM

Brilliant screenshots.   :sweat:
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#5 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 05:48 PM

Here's a video from the open-world city level.

#6 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 05:50 PM

Lovely   :sweat:

#7 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 05:36 AM

Development has been put on hold, due to error issues.  :sweat:

#8 ithilienranger

ithilienranger

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 10:16 PM

I worked with FPS creator extensively three years ago. In the end the program limited me too much and the finished product doesn't look very good. The best I could do was create a jail-break map. Unfortunately my classmates wouldn't play it because they were hooked on Halo and Combat Arms. It was hard to stay on task for most of us in that class.

#9 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 12:54 AM

View Postithilienranger, on 24 June 2011 - 10:16 PM, said:

I worked with FPS creator extensively three years ago. In the end the program limited me too much and the finished product doesn't look very good. The best I could do was create a jail-break map. Unfortunately my classmates wouldn't play it because they were hooked on Halo and Combat Arms. It was hard to stay on task for most of us in that class.

Yeah, it's a very limited program. Not much control. And bug-filled in the latest versions.