370 replies to this topic

#1 taikara

taikara

Tai-Fu Mastah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2389 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 03:55 PM

This thread is for the second Werewolf game. Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with the rules and guidelines:

Rules:

This game is RP only. Please do not post out of character, or if you must, denote it with the OOC: tag (or some variation thereof).

Before we start, please post your character synopsis in this thread. Name, appearance, occupation, brief description, any quirks you would like people to know. Please do not reveal your assigned virtues at this time. You may reveal them in game if you wish, but be warned that doing so may make you a target. Also, please PM me a more in-depth character bio so that I may more aptly assign virtues.

Type the name of the character you wish to lynch in bold text. If you do not, it will not be counted as a lynching vote, no matter how many times you write, "I WANT TO LYNCH SO-AND-SO!!"

For the purposes of fairness, a lynching vote will require at least 1/3 of the participating members. (5 out of 15, 4 out of 12, 3 out of 9, 2 out of 6, etc).

You do not have to vote, but if you do not participate in a turn whatsoever, you will receive a ghost vote against your name, and these ghost votes will accumulate per turn missed.

If you would like to debate these rules before the game starts, please do so in the planning thread. Once the game starts, these rules will not change, and we'll have to wait til the next round to tweak.

Things you should know (Guidelines):

Random Numbers: I will be using http://www.random.org for rolls required for successes of virtues. Each of you will be assigned a number, which I will then roll one die for to determine whose virtue will be tested. I will then roll two numbers between 1-30 to determine the success of the virtue (50% or higher required for success). If successful, I will then roll two numbers between 1-50 to determine the usefulness of the information given.

Villager Virtues: I will be assigning both offensive and defensive virtues, some "mystical," some "natural." Offensive virtues will give clues, while defensive virtues provide some protection against werewolf attack.

Defensive Virtues: If you have been given a defensive virtue, it does not mean a werewolf can not attack and kill/turn you. It means that you have a chance of repelling the attack in some way (determined by roll).  If successful, then you will live, and a clue will DEFINITELY be given the following turn to a participant with an offensive virtue (usefulness to be determined by roll).

Special Character Assignments: The Seer and Werewolves will not be assigned until directly before the game starts. The first day will be for introducing characters and getting a feel for each other, which will give each plenty of time to decide on a course of action for the next turn. The Seer will be given the opportunity to dream on the first night. If a person is chosen as a werewolf, then the virtue assigned to that player will be invoked to give clues as to the identity of the seer.

Infectious Bite (Werewolf Virtue): Werewolves have the ability to turn regular villagers into werewolves. They must invoke this ability by informing me via PM that they wish to turn a victim rather than kill him. Be warned - choosing to turn a villager, if successful, will definitely help the werewolves, but if the roll fails, then the attack will be thwarted, and a clue will definitely be given to a villager with an offensive virtue (usefulness to be determined by roll).

The Seer's Impact on the Game: Unlike the previous game, it will be important in this game for the villagers to keep the seer alive, and the werewolves to kill him. The Seer is a protective force in the village, and can not only dream of the true identities of the werewolves, but if he is killed, then the random numbers used to determine whether villager virtues are invoked will increase from 1-30 to 1-40.

Werewolf Concord: If the werewolves do not agree on which victim to attack, or whether to turn the victim, and PM me with conflicting desires, I will assign them a number and roll for the determining decision.

Setting: The current setting is a small Norse village, late 10th or early 11th century. Please tailor your characters appropriately.

The game will start in a few days, after all who wish to participate have had a chance to post their character info here, and the assignments have been given. Again, please use the planning thread to offer suggestions, comments, debate rules, etc.

Characters:

Wendy - Willogay - deceased (eaten by werewolves)
Abi79 - Albert Iordache - deceased - (eaten by werewolves)
Doubler - Marces
A. J. Raffles - Bonnie McWeedy - deceased (eaten by werewolves)
DeathDude - Adrian McBrain - deceased (lynched by villagers)
Stroggy - Nikulas - deceased (eaten by werewolves)
Fawful - Ashipo - Ghost Votes: 2 - deceased (eaten by werewolves)
Juni Ori - Haraldr Björnsson
Flop - Ragnar Lodbrog - Werewolf - deceased (lynched by villagers)
Tulac - Siggurd - Werewolf - deceased (lynched by villagers)
Sean - Lycurgus Phocas - deceased (lynched by villagers)

Edited by taikara, 03 January 2006 - 11:41 PM.

..<[[[Tofu Ninja of the Pickasldawessle Order]]]>..
QUOTE (Tai - in response to DD on how people who fear change are like cats)
you mean the "you moved my litterbox, so I'm going to pee in your clothes hamper" attitude?
Yes, I just quoted myself. ph34r my T4i-F00!!.
doodoodoo!!!

#2 Tulac

Tulac

The Great Red Lemur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1546 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 04:19 PM

Name:Siggurd

Occupation:Bohem, Begger, Traveler, Mercenary at your service...

Personality:Mostly jolly, however gets really mad under the influence of alcohol...

Background: Siggurd doesn't remember where/when was he born. He was raised by port workers and sailors in one of the Norse ports, and was later adopted by a lady who was an owner of a brothel...
He lived with her for several years, he earned for his breath by helping out workers in the port, he even went on a sailing mission a couple of times...
However he decided he wants to see the world so he is travelling all over Scandinavia, earning by helping people out, and even by begging, which he does only in bigger cities...

DakaSha:if you go into a kindergarden and give all the kids rubber schlongs they will prob just hit each other over the head with them
DakaSha:and you have a class of little kids hitting eachother with rubber dongs which must be quite funny (also Picklweasel knight I am)

#3 Doubler

Doubler

A regular Llama

• Admin
  • 2740 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 04:20 PM

Name: Marces

Personality: Somewhat paranoid. Can be quiet and reserved at times.

Background: Marces was born to a poor farmer?s couple just outside the village. When he was eight years old thugs burned down the farm, and both of Marces? parents were killed in the blaze. Marces himself managed to escape the destruction, but was never fully able to recover. He?s lived in seclusion ever since, only going to town to trade the products of the wilderness for the tools he can?t make himself.

Most of the villagers feel a certain contempt mixed with compassion and respect for him. Few would admit it, but most of them have made use of his skills during periods of illness and disease.  

At the time of the story Marces is just in town after having been asked to treat a sick elder. He?s been given lodgings at the tavern for the night.

Wonderfull sig and avvie by Taikara :D

#4 Fawfulhasfury

Fawfulhasfury

Daily Denizen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 04:53 PM

Character: Agent Pendergast, F.B.I.
Class: Homocide detective
Background: Worked for the F.B.I. on several strange cases. Heard about this one and came here to investigate. Background other than that remains a mystery.
Pi stinks, tastes horribles, and I hate it! But cake is good...

#5 Abi79

Abi79

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 05:52 PM

Uh, Fawful, I'm sorry to dissapoint you, but: "Setting: The current setting is a small Norse village, late 10th or early 11th century. Please tailor your characters appropriately."

Character: Albert Iordache
Appearance: A somewhat old man, who doesn't speak to others too much and gets angry very easy.
Background story: Albert Iordache is a 50 years-old herbalist who came to the village and said he was searching for some plants in the forest nearby. One month later he came back from the forest bleeding and bearing some scratches. His explication was that he tripped and fell into a hole in the ground. Is this the truth or was there something in the woods that attacked him ?....
IPB Image

#6 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 06:04 PM

Name: Adrian McBrain

Appearance: Tall, muscular build, black shoulder length hair

Background Story: After running away from his hometown, Adrian spent the better part of 2 years on the road living off the road, traveling from town to town where eventually at the age of 20, he would meet another fellow musician, by the name of James who would show him the art of performing successful music, both singing and playing. Adrian has crafted his own guitar and managed to tune the sound to be a sort of nice mellow but rough as he sings his tales from the land..

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#7 Stroggy

Stroggy

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 07:53 PM

Posted Image

Name: Nikulas  
Appearance: A cold stern face marked by impassive eyes radiating a condescending aura. Short matted and a thin black beard.
background: Born as the fifth son to a somewhat rich landowner David was sent to study at a temple when he was still an infant. After spending a few years in the closed temple-community David found life there to be dull and all but devine. He fled but, not knowing where he was going, he soon succumb to the fierce northern cold. It was by devine intervention alone that he found his way to the tiny village where he soon started teaching his own unique religion, one based on the glorification of tools and marked by despise for all things outdated. While his religion attracts few followers in the mainly agricultural community his knowledge of the written word and other subjects makes him the first and foremost advisor to the village. Though he is always willing to offer his council he makes his disdain for his fellow villagers obvious but refuses to teach them anything unless they join his religion.

#8 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 08:02 PM

You really need a young character for a change... OK, here we go:

name: Bonnie McWeedy
occupation: feeding cute widdle bunny-rabbits, playing with dolls, picking her nose and reading the collected works of St Augustine (not all at the same time, though)
background: Bonnie is just a snivelly little brat with a high squeaky voice who is an expert in getting on everybody's nerves. She's rather too young to have much of a biography yet, obviously. Two years ago, Bonnie's daddy, a fisherman from Skara Brae, saved the life of some half-drowned monk who had had a rather unfortunate encounter with pirates. Bonnie's dad thought that the monk might as well work for his living, but as he was excessively clumsy at mending nets (the monk, that is), he agreed to let him teach his children some Latin instead. Which he did. Nobody really knows where Bonnie nicked the works of St Augustine from, though.

Edited by A. J. Raffles, 28 December 2005 - 02:04 PM.

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#9 wendy

wendy

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 11:33 PM

Bonnie should make a very entertaining addition to the game, A.J.  :bleh:

There seems to be a few healers and here comes another:

Name:  Bjollow Leafslayer

Occupation:  Alternative healer of minor ailments, such as:  tummy problems, bronchitas and flu - also acts as village midwife.

Appearance/Personality :  Striking looking - tall, thin and pale with reddy-gold hair - her nearest claim to beauty.  Always wears the colours of the forest:  green and/or brown.  Shy, vague and fey, inarticulate, but kind-hearted, helpful, determined and very self-sufficient.  Lover of the natural world, but tends to shun the human one.

Background Story:  Lives alone in the forest with her retinue of animals: small brown dog, spirited black stallion, protective tabby cat, friendly nanny goat and a pet raven that perches upon her shoulder and appears to whisper into her ear.   When Willogay wanders through the forest seeking herbs for her medicines, her animals follow  - except the tabby who guards her mistresses' humble cottage, growling at any visitors who might appear.  The villagers appreciate Willogay's skills and polite, helpful manner, but are mistrustful.  Why would an attractive woman choose such a solilitary life?  Her uncanny band of animals speak to the villagers of witchery and familiar demons.  And there are rumours that a mage once healed by Willogay presented  her with a powerful amulet to ward off evil and harm...which might explain why she has never been attacked by the ferocious creatures roaming the forest.  Or might there be another explanation...?  Over this and other anomolies, the villages often conjecture.
IPB Image

#10 Fawfulhasfury

Fawfulhasfury

Daily Denizen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 02:32 AM

Name: Ashipo
Background: He grew up in the mountains at the aaage of three. Born in the woods, with his family there, it was at the age of five he killed his fiiirst bear, aaa, ashipo, king of the village woodssss! He will pwnz0rz t3h werewolfwolfs, then they am cry, and then he will pwnz0r j00.
Pi stinks, tastes horribles, and I hate it! But cake is good...

#11 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 03:56 AM

ooc: Okiessss and lay off the leet speak Faw for the game.  :bleh:

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#12 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 09:28 AM

OOC: And not a single person in village who even distantly resembles late 10th or early 11th century norse???

Name: Haraldr Björnsson

Appearance: Standing tall and massive Haraldr gained reputation of very potential warrior in his early youth, which he has well redeemed in battlefields in Northumbria against fierce and organized Angles and Saxons armies. He has blue eyes and long blonde hair and a full-beard and his voice is low and strong.

Personality: He is short-tempered, aggressive and occasionally a bit malicious, but in general he wishes all the best to his friends and family. He is well known bragging his deeds and can sometimes be very annoying in that. But being noble heir gives him privileges. Once he executed own-handedly a peasant who didn't have the money for taxes. Has felt no remorse, he was just a peasant...

Biography: Was born to local noble family 21 years ago and had very limited and educational youth. He learned to read very young and has progressed well in the arts of war. After he grew up, six years ago, he finally took what life had to give. He drank, harassed local young girls, took part into cruel brawls and barehandedly killed a nearly-starved and desperate wolf. Then his father decided it was time to let the village take a breath and sent his son to England. In the battlefields he gained reputation of reckless and utterly fearless brave, who only needed patience. After several raids he had so much wealth he decided to go back and have fun. His father didn't like this, but didn't turn him back after his returning. So the last two years he has been spending his wealth and taking part into administrational issues, showing only minor interest, however.

Virtues: Excellent warrior and seemingly fearless.

Vices: His tactical capabilities are still quite limited. Short-tempered, aggressive and malicious. Fanatically supports oligarchy. Can't control his desires, takes what he wants.
...70 years... LOL

#13 Stroggy

Stroggy

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 12:37 PM

Juni Ori, on Dec 27 2005, 10:28 AM, said:

OOC: And not a single person in village who even distantly resembles late 10th or early 11th century norse???
OOC: If they were they would pretty much all resemble your character.
But look on the bright side, there is only one Homocide detective [sic] from the FBI up till now.

#14 Flop

Flop

Aspiring Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 02:40 PM

Name: Ragnar Lodbrog

Appearance: Ragnar is a huge man with long black hair and a big black beard. He has a limp on his left leg.

Personality: Although Ragnar is now a well-liked man, he tends to keep a bit to himself. Due to his limp, he was shunned and mistreated when he was a child, but has since been accepted by most other villagers due to his affinity for shipmaking (and his size). However, he has never forgotten how he was treated as a child, which is why he's uncomfortable around most other people. He tends to defend other misfits of society, whenever he sees them being mistreated.

Biography: Ragnar Lodbrog is the son of a farmer, and that was what he was meant to be when he grew up. As a child he tended to get into a lot of fights, mainly due to being picked on because of his limp. At the age of 15, Ragnar left his village behind to find a future for himself. He ended up as an apprentice to a shipwright, and it turned out that he had a gift for it. After 10 years of apprenticing, he returned to his village to find his parents dead. There he set up a small shipyard. Although he has no real skills with weapons, he excels as a brawler due his size and strenght. However, he's mostly a peaceful man with no desire to fight.
Furthermore, it is my opinion that Carthage must be destroyed.

#15 taikara

taikara

Tai-Fu Mastah

• Members
  • 2389 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 05:44 PM

Shortly after the dawn light wakens the villagers, the dull roar of shouting begins to weave its way through the small town.

The cry of "Wolves! Wolves! They attacked me herd!" from a farmer is joined by outraged cries from nearby sympathetic villagers.

"I an't ne'er seen nothin' like it - the entire herd is nigh gone, in just an eve, and ripped to pieces, all strewn about... and the tracks these beasts left... why, I hope to ne'er meet a wolf that big in the flesh!"

The murmurs and gossip begin.

..<[[[Tofu Ninja of the Pickasldawessle Order]]]>..
QUOTE (Tai - in response to DD on how people who fear change are like cats)
you mean the "you moved my litterbox, so I'm going to pee in your clothes hamper" attitude?
Yes, I just quoted myself. ph34r my T4i-F00!!.
doodoodoo!!!