• 1487 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 09:37 PM

List them, I'm curios.

Mine would be:

1.Die Hard
2.Rocky
3.Godfather
4.Star Wars episode 5
5.Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Arc..

These are the one that come from the top of my head.

#2 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4277 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 09:36 AM

Tope 5? Impossible... but here's some mentionable in alphabetical order that comes straight into mind.

Alien-saga (first three)
Die Hard
Excalibur
Fight Club
Gladiator
Indiana Jones-trilogy
Jason and the Argonauts
Platoon (better than Apocalypse Now! and Full Metal Jacket)
Star Wars-trilogy (episodes 4-6)
Talvisota
Terminator (yes, the first one)
Tuntematon Sotilas

I'm sure there would be many others worth mentioning, but I just woke up, so my head is still restarting...

PS: I'm stunned somebody rates SW ep.5 higher than ep.4 and ep.6. Usually people rate 4 or 6 highest and 5 lowest (of the original trilogy).
...70 years... LOL

#3 Frodo

Frodo

Your neck looks very... tasty!

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 09:51 AM

My Top 5:

1.  Lord Of The Rings trilogy
2.  Pirates Of The Caribbean 1
3.  Frankenstein Created Woman
4.  Cold Hearts
5.  Terminator 1
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#4 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 09:58 AM

Damn, Pirates of the Caribbean of course. And now I remembered Bram Stroker's Dracula!
...70 years... LOL

#5 Potatoe

Potatoe

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1487 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 03:58 PM

View PostJuni Ori, on Dec 2 2007, 11:36 AM, said:

Tope 5? Impossible... but here's some mentionable in alphabetical order that comes straight into mind.

Alien-saga (first three)
Die Hard
Excalibur
Fight Club
Gladiator
Indiana Jones-trilogy
Jason and the Argonauts
Platoon (better than Apocalypse Now! and Full Metal Jacket)
Star Wars-trilogy (episodes 4-6)
Talvisota
Terminator (yes, the first one)
Tuntematon Sotilas

I'm sure there would be many others worth mentioning, but I just woke up, so my head is still restarting...

PS: I'm stunned somebody rates SW ep.5 higher than ep.4 and ep.6. Usually people rate 4 or 6 highest and 5 lowest (of the original trilogy).
Worthy mentions(that aren't on my list).

#6 Flop

Flop

Aspiring Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 04:36 AM

1) The Fearless Vampire Killers
2) The Thing
3) Escape From New York
4) Where Eagles Dare
5) The Name of the Rose
Furthermore, it is my opinion that Carthage must be destroyed.

#7 Doubler

Doubler

A regular Llama

• Admin
  • 2740 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 06:03 PM

I'm not really into film, and I can't really call favourites. In fact, of the top of my head I can only think of four that actually stuck so much that I wanted to buy them:

Stalker
Dr. Strangelove
Citizen Kane (I'm not very original :rolleyes:)
Pirates of the Caribbean

Wonderfull sig and avvie by Taikara :D

#8 Mighty Midget

Mighty Midget

RC Heli Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1387 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 09:17 AM

Top 5? Hmm I'll try.

"M" by Fritz Lang (absolute favourite movie, no doubt)

the rest in no particular order and rather randomly put together:
Bad Taste
Terror Of Tinytown
Night Of The Living Dead
Star Wars (The first 3, ok that makes it 7 movies. Sue me :rolleyes:)

Absolute worst 5 (in no prticular order and again rather randomly put together):
Robot Monster (although this is so terrible it actually becomes kind of fun to watch)
Shark Attack 3 Megalodon
The Blair Witch Project
Hud
M�ker (the last two by Vibeke L�kkeberg. Someone please make her stop making movies)
I met a goldfish who remembered meeting me before, but I had forgotten about that.

#9 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 03:40 PM

Bad Taste is good in its disasterous way. :rolleyes: TBWP was surprisingly poor compared to all the hype.
...70 years... LOL

#10 Doubler

Doubler

A regular Llama

• Admin
  • 2740 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 06:58 PM

M looks/sounds rather interesting. Hadn't heard of it before.

Wonderfull sig and avvie by Taikara :D

#11 Sean

Sean

Just call me Mr. Magic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 10:11 PM

1. Fifth Element
2.  ..no idea..
3. Star Wars (All except EP1)
4. Lord of The Rings
5. The Matrix (Original)
Me>You

#12 Mighty Midget

Mighty Midget

RC Heli Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1387 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 11:57 PM

Doubler: All ads aside; "M" is truly a masterpiece of noir. The suspension is unsurpassed in any other movie from the same decade as well is most or every movie of later production.

Know I am sloshed out of my head now, and that I need 15 hours to spell "I" right.
I met a goldfish who remembered meeting me before, but I had forgotten about that.

#13 Potatoe

Potatoe

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1487 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 04:52 PM

Blade Runner is awesome too.
Some of the older Disney movies have awesome animation.

#14 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 03:55 AM

Some of these answers are absolutely blowing me away. Wow people, I'm not a snob...

5. Hard Boiled - It's John Woo's most famous (well, maybe more people know Mission Impossible 2, but they suck) and groundbreaking film. Ok, so he did everything that was shown in Hard Boiled already in A Better Tommorow, but still, Hard Boiled was the film where he did it best and quite frankly, if you're going to mention ANY action movie today, there's going to be at least one segment where it rips off John Woo's best. Duel wielding weaponry, slow motion shots, ridiculous property damage (flying debris, crazy exploding lights) and bad guys who can't aim for crap.

4. Akira Kurosawa's Ran - There's never been a movie that has bored me so much yet at the same time profoundly affected me. It's a Japanese version of "King Lear" and really, it's better in every single way. While Shakespeare's quality can be argued (I think he was merely a pulpy playwright of his time who pumped out generic yet entertaining drivel one after another) this is the BEST version of King Lear ever created. Incredible acting, wonderful cinematography (it's very grainy, but it feels fantastically real, none of that cleaned-up-with-a-paintbrush *bovine droppings*).

3. One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest - Ken Kesey can eat my crap. He sure made a great novel and a fantastic character with McMurphy, but the fact that he didn't like this movie adaption of his novel is absolutely bananas. Sure, McMurphy may have been played by the short and rather cooky Jack Nicholson, and the perspective isn't from the Chief's point of view, but the film presents the steady deconstruction of authority in the mental ward FAR better than the book ever did. So many actors started their careers with this film, and it shows, because there's not a single shakey performance in this entire magnificent film.

2. Watership Down - If there's one movie guaranteed to make you bawl no matter what, it's Watership Down. Screw typical hogwash Disney animation, this film adaption of Richard Adam's novel is the best animation film to have ever been created. Although it's certainly a family oriented film, the maturely presented plot and deep characters make sure that by the time you started sobbing with tears it will be with actual sympathy for the characters, not because Bambi's momma died and hey, that's sad because a poor little baby deer lost its mommy. No, Watership down is an incredible piece of work because it takes a rather simple genre and makes a film with excellent voice acting, perfect artwork, great writing, and a absolute trove of memorable and unique characters.

1. Barry Lyndon - If you don't like Kubrick fine, if you didn't like The Shining that's ok, if you thought A Clockwork Orange was a terrible portrayal of the book that completely eschewed the moral that the author intended, that's ok. But mess with Barry Lyndon, and you're a complete jerk. This is DEFINITELY Kubrick's best, and I am absolutely astounded that each day Kubrick's name is mentioned, I heard 2001 or Full Metal Jacket. I consider Barry Lyndon to be the best film Kubrick ever directed, and Lolita comes in as a distant second (perhaps tying with Doctor Strangelove). There's really no way to describe how wonderful Ryan O'Neal's acting is, and the fact that even the minor characters leave more profound an impression than most of the primary characters in many of today's "best" films just totally ruins modern cinema for me.

Knight of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!21
Best Topics Ever: Aywanez Splenda Women PICKLEWESSEL Signs OMG

#15 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 08:29 AM

Hey, Ran is actually pretty damn good, thanks for the reminder! Also some more: "movie in question in "name that movie"-thread" and Predator (the first one, alone)!
...70 years... LOL