31 replies to this topic

#16 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2784 posts

Posted 30 September 2006 - 11:02 PM

The version we have should work with everyone, yeah - and as DD says, RPG Maker 2000 was freeware, the later versions aren't. Which is why we have ripped away the possibilities of making your own games using the program - as that would harm the sales of RPG Maker XP.

Yo!

#17 a1s

a1s

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1167 posts

Posted 30 September 2006 - 11:09 PM

no you don't get it. it's not that it doesn't work for me. it doesn't unpack. it claims the archive is currupted (I've redwonaloded several times).
Those of you being liberal-art majors � don�t worry, advanced mathematics were largely omitted from this text in concern for your mental health.

QUOTE (Mighty Midget)
if BP has potied on Twilight Zone episode, I will strangle him

secret adept of the PICKALLONWEASEL order

#18 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • 2784 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 04:36 PM

Do you see the download in progress? Is it skipping in the end? So that, for instance, it jumps over the last third of the file, and claim that it is complete?

We've had some timing out problems in another part of the server, you see, and this might be related.

Yo!

#19 ratsalad

ratsalad

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 07:43 AM

View Posta1s, on Sep 30 2006, 10:10 PM, said:

okay, I have another problem. does the file we host work for everyone? it keeps giving me the error as if it was only partilay downloaded.
I've manged to find a different version on the internet, it's 32 MB (ours is 27).

I'm having the same problem. :bleh: And, no, the download isn't skipping the last part, it just claims to be 26.9 rather than 32 MB. Whereafter my winrar refuses to unpack the file.  :huh:
Any suggestions on what to do or where to go for a different version?

#20 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • 2784 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 11:28 AM

I just tried to download the file myself, and it worked perfectly for me.

The size is 11,4MB, and it is a self-extracting install file. In other words and .exe file. So if you are trying to open it in WinRAR, it's no surprise that it won't open the file. If you have the full download, simply double-click on the file and follow the on-screen instructions.

Yo!

#21 ratsalad

ratsalad

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 11:21 PM

View PostTom Henrik, on Oct 30 2006, 12:28 PM, said:

I just tried to download the file myself, and it worked perfectly for me.

The size is 11,4MB, and it is a self-extracting install file. In other words and .exe file.

That sounds like the install file for rpg-maker2000.

That one works perfectly for me as well.
So does the version of FFVII DC, I found on another webpage. This version was the ca 33 mb, the review of FFVII DC states it ought to be.

I continue to endure the nasty suspicion that the version offered on this site is corrupted in some way, as it still is a .zip file weighing in at 26.9 mb and does not seem to be unzippable.

On a lighter note:
I am currently playing the game AND enjoying it tremendously :bleh:

#22 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • 2784 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 12:08 AM

Ah. My bad. I thought you meant the program, and not the game. :bleh:

Yo!

#23 ratsalad

ratsalad

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 02:05 PM

Not a biggie. The question still remains though, whether anyone got the version of FFVII DC offered here to work.

And now i've encountered yet another problem. In the game I've just got to the bridge with the boat that's supposed to take me to Wu-Tai. When I tried to board the boat, I was teleported all the way back to Midgar. I also got to see the cut-scene with Heidegger and Zack again, only with Barret as the spectator instead of Cloud. Not that I object to all the Gil and XP another trip across the game world will net me, but has anyone else had this happening to them? Can I expect another teleportation, when I reach the bridge again? and can I do anything to avoid triggering this?

#24 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 02:08 PM

No that's part of the story pretty sure. :bleh:

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#25 ratsalad

ratsalad

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 12:25 PM

Yeah! Though not a part of the story, I'm sure I really understand :bleh:

Having finished the game now, I must say, what a neat little game, somewhat lacking in length, but great graphics and it does capture some of the atmosphere of the original.

The end credits mentions something about a sequel. Would anyone know, how far along the way this is, or if indeed it still is on the way?

Anyhoo, some time back a1s requested a quick run-down of FFVII, so here goes (Also helpful if someone wants to make sense of Advent Children):

MASSIVE SPOILER said:

Background:
When someone dies, their spirit energy, rather than vanish, 'return to the planet', to become one with the Lifestream, a mighty flow of spirit energy within the planet. The world-dominating Shinra Coorporation has found a way to tap into this energy and use it as a common power source. This is 'mako' energy.
Once upon a time a calamity, Jenova (Big Cosmic Baddie, intent on world-destruction) fell from the skyes. She was defeated, and Shinra, in one of those catastrophically ill-concieved plan, that make such great plots for games, decided to experiment with cells from Jenova and Mako energy on their elite military branch SOLDIER.
At the start of the game the ex-SOLDIER Cloud, is hired by the rebel group AVALANCHE (Members include Tifa and Barret). Sephiroth, the main villain of the game, also a former SOLDIER, makes his entry ín the game by killing off the board of SHINRA, leaving the President's son Rufus in power.
Sephiroth then abducts and slays Aerith in what ought to be one of the most surprising plot twists on a standard 'resque the damsel in distress' plot.
Sephiroth then decides to kill off the entire planet, which he intend to accomplish by summoning a giant meteor. After Cloud and his friends defeat Sephiroth, Aerith saves the planet by warding off the meteor with the Lifestream, she now is a part of.

#26 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 02:06 PM

No word on the sequel that I've seen and since the homepage of the game has been down for quite some time, don't think we may see anything for awhile.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#27 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • 2784 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 09:38 PM

Alrighties, the archive on the site is indeed corrupt, sadly, but this will be fixed asap. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Yo!

#28 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • 2784 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 04:54 PM

The problem should be fixed now. Just run the setup.exe file after downloading the game. It worked when I tested it just now, so hopefully no-one will get any broken downloads anymore.

Yo!

#29 Shawnee

Shawnee

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 04:21 PM

PLEASE HELP. I've asked everywhere, googled everything, and I can't find an answer.

In FFVII AND Final Fallacy I cannot get the save to work. It comes up as it should (and next to a crystal in Final Fallacy) but no matter what I do, what I type, what I try IT WON'T SAVE A GAME IN A FILE, though the files show up and highlight and everything.

:(

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ help.

#30 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 10:37 PM

Have you tried reinstalling RPG Maker 2000? Or alternatively delete RPG Maker 2000, restart, install again and uninstall and reinstall both those games after you have done all that.

Reply to this topic